Author Topic: It's Leavitt  (Read 73009 times)

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: It's Leavitt
« Reply #325 on: February 10, 2017, 12:54:03 PM »
I don't think they had to bribe bill to come back.  I think he asked.

Quid pro quo is not a bribe.

He would have taken the job whether they said Sean was the next HC or not.  He would have done it for less green too

Agreed.  But, I also bet they (Krause, Weefs) told him "sure" when he said he'd like Sean to take over someday. I mean, that's EXACTLY like all three of those guys to say crap like that an just spit on their hands and shake on it.

Friend, I firmly believe that EMAW Stud (except for one dumb mistake) Bob Krause (RIP Bob) had Gary Patterson hired, and was completely blind sided by the Weef and Snyder. 

Offline bws

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: February 10, 2017, 02:18:18 PM »
I don't think they had to bribe bill to come back.  I think he asked.

Quid pro quo is not a bribe.

He would have taken the job whether they said Sean was the next HC or not.  He would have done it for less green too

Agreed.  But, I also bet they (Krause, Weefs) told him "sure" when he said he'd like Sean to take over someday. I mean, that's EXACTLY like all three of those guys to say crap like that an just spit on their hands and shake on it.

Friend, I firmly believe that EMAW Stud (except for one dumb mistake) Bob Krause (RIP Bob) had Gary Patterson hired, and was completely blind sided by the Weef and Snyder.

Its an absolute fact that Krause was talking to a third party representative (a former NFL and KSU assistant and friend) of Gary Patterson about the K-State job before it was blown up by the "Its Patterson" fiasco which pissed off patterson and caused him to withdraw as they were undefeated at the time. It wasn't 100% he would take the job but he was very interested, it was just early november. Fortunately they had been talking to Snyder as well and he came back and saved us.

In regards to present day, what i've heard, and i think its been mentioned on here, is that Snyder doesn't trust currie to pick the coach. I think hes worried about what happened with the Ron Prince hire and wants to make sure one of his guys gets hired, or he has significant input on who gets hired. I was told (and this is second hand) that Schulz and Currie told snyder Sean wasn't ever going to be a candidate  a couple years ago. That's why he doesn't mention it in public as much as used too.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: February 10, 2017, 02:35:10 PM »
Anyone opposed to Snyder being on the interview panel? I think it would help the new coach to have that seal of approval with the fanbase.

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: February 10, 2017, 02:40:06 PM »
Quote from: GPC
Dating back to December, I have been aware of some health concerns for Coach LHC Bill Snyder. I have not felt comfortable releasing this information until Coach Snyder chooses to do so himself. Now, speculation surrounding Snyder's health is becoming public and I will address this topic solely for the purpose of quieting false speculation.

Recently Kansas State coach LHC Bill Snyder has been receiving treatment at a Kansas City medical facility for a serious, but very treatable health issue that GPC is choosing to not identify at this time. Snyder is currently taking some time off to address his health, but is expected to coach next season for Kansas State. As of this writing, there are no plans for Snyder to retire or for a successor as K-State's head football coach to be named.

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: February 10, 2017, 03:06:50 PM »
ingrown toenail?

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #330 on: February 10, 2017, 03:07:50 PM »
poop hole

Offline Ptolemy

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: February 10, 2017, 03:09:59 PM »
Anal fistula?

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: February 10, 2017, 03:21:55 PM »
The C word  :frown:

Offline BackPayne

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: February 10, 2017, 03:23:50 PM »

He has a case of the crazies?! crap!

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: February 10, 2017, 03:26:23 PM »
thank goodness he's planning to be back next year.  it'd be understandable if he wasn't, but thank goodness he is.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Catchup

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: February 10, 2017, 03:35:34 PM »

He has a case of the crazies?! crap!

No, he has a case of the craps! Crazy!

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: February 10, 2017, 04:16:04 PM »
thank goodness he's planning to be back next year.  it'd be understandable if he wasn't, but thank goodness he is.

Really loves this family
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: February 10, 2017, 04:43:51 PM »

Really loves this family

Um-hm, GWSHCBS!!

Offline WildcatPower

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: February 10, 2017, 05:16:59 PM »
Anyone opposed to Snyder being on the interview panel? I think it would help the new coach to have that seal of approval with the fanbase.

I'm not opposed. I can't quite trust Currie to make the right hire. Other than the fund raising and getting donations, he has excelled superbly on that regard. But as far as making an important hire for coaches? Other than the women's basketball coach, his track record isn't stellar.

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #339 on: February 10, 2017, 07:13:22 PM »
I think the AD should make the next  hire.  He can choose to listen to advice from Bill, but it should be 100% Curries call.  Otherwise why even have an AD.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: February 10, 2017, 07:27:22 PM »
I think the AD should make the next  hire.  He can choose to listen to advice from Bill, but it should be 100% Curries call.  Otherwise why even have an AD.

To raise boat loads of cash and oversee the buildings the cash builds.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Ptolemy

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: February 10, 2017, 07:30:14 PM »

Who declares that AD's hire coaches? Most NFL teams traditionally have hired GM's who them hired head coaches. The Chiefs changed that up with the Andy Reid hire who then suggested to the owner that John Dorsey be hired as GM. The team president handles all the financial stuff.

There is NO WAY John Currie should make the head coach hire.

The Big Train

« Reply #342 on: February 10, 2017, 07:39:15 PM »
I wouldn't take chings seriously

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #343 on: February 10, 2017, 07:41:26 PM »
He must.  Who would the next head coach answer to?  If he can't hire a head coach, how can he fire one?

If you want to eliminate the athletic department entirety then that's another matter.

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #344 on: February 10, 2017, 07:43:51 PM »
In my opinion, the head football coach at KSU isn't some dynastic position where he gets to choose his successor without oversight.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #345 on: February 11, 2017, 12:19:26 AM »

Fund raising, non-football scheduling, parking logistics, game day programs, and concessions management.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: February 11, 2017, 12:39:02 AM »

I'm opposed. He wants his son who wants no part of the job to coach, his judgement is highly questionable.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: February 11, 2017, 12:48:02 AM »
It's well known Sean doesn't want to touch it. Not sure why everyone thinks Snyder is senile all of a sudden w/ a 79 year olds normal complications. He's obviously planning a few things behind the scenes (regardless), but I'm 99% sure Sean isn't part of it minus keeping an assistant job if crap hits the fan.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: February 11, 2017, 01:00:15 AM »
Which is well deserved as a special teams coach. Dude has done well. I'll eat my 20 year old k-state hat live on FB if he's ever named HC. It will never happen, guys!

Offline That_Guy

• I'm just, "That Guy!"
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: February 11, 2017, 02:03:27 AM »
Which is well deserved as a special teams coach. Dude has done well. I'll eat my 20 year old k-state hat live on FB if he's ever named HC. It will never happen, guys!

Would watch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk