Author Topic: Official Black Lives Matter Thread  (Read 25083 times)

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
Re: Official Black Lives Matter Thread
« Reply #100 on: December 28, 2015, 02:07:45 PM »
do you understand why they're upset, but you disagree with how they're going about voicing their anger?

yes

You might not have been personally inconvenienced, but a lot of business owners were.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/business/ct-black-friday-mag-mile-fallout-1201-biz-20151130-story.html

I would like to see changes in police training and how the justice system handles cops who murder people, but I don't see how worsening your local economy helps things. It's very difficult for me to read that article and support BLM.

You should say that your decisions on how to achieve the goals would be different, but not that it's difficult to support "black lives matter." 

Try adding a "too" to the end to make it more understandable - black lives matter too.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: December 28, 2015, 02:11:17 PM »

I would like to see changes in police training and how the justice system handles cops who murder people, but I don't see how worsening your local economy helps things.

People affected by a hurt "local economy" (ie people with money) are people who really can influence change. Even if they're just like, "hey mayor, these BLM folks are hurting my business, make them stop", it's a win for BLM, because otherwise no one gives two shits about them.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: December 28, 2015, 02:20:47 PM »

I would like to see changes in police training and how the justice system handles cops who murder people, but I don't see how worsening your local economy helps things.

People affected by a hurt "local economy" (ie people with money) are people who really can influence change. Even if they're just like, "hey mayor, these BLM folks are hurting my business, make them stop", it's a win for BLM, because otherwise no one gives two shits about them.

I'd love for Lebron to opt out because of Tamir Rice.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #103 on: December 28, 2015, 02:29:32 PM »

Under every form of government certain lives matter more than others, because governments of all forms are run by self interested people.

BLM, is particularly stupid because the alleged transgressions aren't limited or exclusive to BL's.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: December 28, 2015, 02:32:16 PM »

I think plenty of people care, and poor people are affected by a hurt local economy, too. I think they should find ways to make the general population care more about them, though. I think this type of protest has the opposite effect.

Offline lopakman

• Katpak'r
  • #1Wiggins
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: December 28, 2015, 02:56:12 PM »
Black Lives Matter is ultimately necessary because, as I've pointed out before, the entirety of our society doesn't value the lives of black people the way we value others. I'm baffled by those of you who continue to whine about black-on-black crime, as if you actually care, like black people don't know it's a problem. Black lives mattering like that of livestock is deeply rooted in this country, the BLM movement is a noble one but I'm not sure how it will reverse 400 years of history. And it seems like on the whole white America refuses to acknowledge this so it seems this is all futile.

:lol:  If black people know black on black crime is a problem then why don't they stop it instead of just blaming and white people for their problems?  "Hey bro, did you know our lives matter?  Yes bro, now let's shoot each other"  I'm baffled you refuse to accept any accountability, but youre a racist and an idiot so I guess I shouldn't be surprised

I literally addressed your point in that paragraph but you're too stupid to understand. The irony of you calling me an idiot is rich. Also you say I refuse to accept responsibility, what do I need to accept responsibility for, and who did I blame for anything?

I need someone to also explain to me why this makes cat27 and lopakman so blind with rage where they have to call me names? The BLM movement has little to no effect on my day-to-day life, I can't imagine how it does for these people. I can't imagine being so angry about something that has no effect on me that I rage out on strangers.

Some of you people that has met this dude in irl, let me know when he gets arrested for harming someone, it's coming.

:lol: :lol: :lol:  The guy who starts a 'real life fighting you thread' is worried about my rage and me harming someone.  That's pure gold right there.   :lol: :lol: :lol:
@lopakman

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: December 28, 2015, 03:04:12 PM »
Black Lives Matter is ultimately necessary because, as I've pointed out before, the entirety of our society doesn't value the lives of black people the way we value others. I'm baffled by those of you who continue to whine about black-on-black crime, as if you actually care, like black people don't know it's a problem. Black lives mattering like that of livestock is deeply rooted in this country, the BLM movement is a noble one but I'm not sure how it will reverse 400 years of history. And it seems like on the whole white America refuses to acknowledge this so it seems this is all futile.

:lol:  If black people know black on black crime is a problem then why don't they stop it instead of just blaming and white people for their problems?  "Hey bro, did you know our lives matter?  Yes bro, now let's shoot each other"  I'm baffled you refuse to accept any accountability, but youre a racist and an idiot so I guess I shouldn't be surprised

I literally addressed your point in that paragraph but you're too stupid to understand. The irony of you calling me an idiot is rich. Also you say I refuse to accept responsibility, what do I need to accept responsibility for, and who did I blame for anything?

I need someone to also explain to me why this makes cat27 and lopakman so blind with rage where they have to call me names? The BLM movement has little to no effect on my day-to-day life, I can't imagine how it does for these people. I can't imagine being so angry about something that has no effect on me that I rage out on strangers.

Some of you people that has met this dude in irl, let me know when he gets arrested for harming someone, it's coming.

:lol: :lol: :lol:  The guy who starts a 'real life fighting you thread' is worried about my rage and me harming someone.  That's pure gold right there.   :lol: :lol: :lol:

Was that thread about me fighting, dumbass?

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: December 28, 2015, 03:06:20 PM »
I think a major difference between the recent BLM protests and older civil rights protests is that the older protests were directed at oppressors and these protests are not. The image portrayed by a group of people getting beaten, spit on, etc for having the nerve to expect to get served at a restaurant or ride in the front of a bus is far more effective than the image portrayed by a bunch of assholes blocking an airport so people who have absolutely nothing to do with them miss Christmas dinner.

Completely disregarding the sit-ins. The first Selma-to-Montgomery march on a major highway, in historical retrospect was the seminal moment in the 60's civil rights movement.

The Selma-to-Montgomery march ended at the Alabama State House. The protest was about voting rights and it was directed at at those responsible.

I'm guessing the lawmakers in the state house that day weren't the ones who had their driving routes inconvenienced.

Offline Pendergast

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: December 28, 2015, 03:31:34 PM »
People affected by a hurt "local economy" (ie people with money) ...

The ignorance is palpable.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: December 28, 2015, 03:34:34 PM »
What matters in Cleveland:

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: December 28, 2015, 03:38:03 PM »
I think a major difference between the recent BLM protests and older civil rights protests is that the older protests were directed at oppressors and these protests are not. The image portrayed by a group of people getting beaten, spit on, etc for having the nerve to expect to get served at a restaurant or ride in the front of a bus is far more effective than the image portrayed by a bunch of assholes blocking an airport so people who have absolutely nothing to do with them miss Christmas dinner.

Completely disregarding the sit-ins. The first Selma-to-Montgomery march on a major highway, in historical retrospect was the seminal moment in the 60's civil rights movement.

The Selma-to-Montgomery march ended at the Alabama State House. The protest was about voting rights and it was directed at at those responsible.

I'm guessing the lawmakers in the state house that day weren't the ones who had their driving routes inconvenienced.

I don't think drivers having their routes inconvenienced had anything to do with the success of the march.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: December 28, 2015, 05:25:11 PM »

I don't think drivers having their routes inconvenienced had anything to do with the success of the march.

Right, means to an end, like having a security gate closed down for 45 minutes. We agree, thanks and good talk.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: December 28, 2015, 05:28:05 PM »
What matters in Cleveland:

Rough headlines for da black folk. How in the hell do you square firing the GM but keeping the coach he hired and the QB he drafted?

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: December 28, 2015, 05:29:24 PM »
People affected by a hurt "local economy" (ie people with money) ...

The ignorance is palpable.

Thanks for the contribution, meow meow.

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: December 28, 2015, 11:09:55 PM »

Here is the most egregious case of black life being marginalized that I've ever seen. I don't know if I'm more pissed that it happened or that no one seems to care that it did, business as usual.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/autopsy-results-expected-woman-removed-hospital-35922002
I would agree with you on the assumption that the cops and all of the hospital staff were white. Seems like a racist assumption, but if that is what you are going with, then I am on board.

Gonna win 'em all! (using Tapatalk)

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: December 28, 2015, 11:22:30 PM »

Here is the most egregious case of black life being marginalized that I've ever seen. I don't know if I'm more pissed that it happened or that no one seems to care that it did, business as usual.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/autopsy-results-expected-woman-removed-hospital-35922002
I would agree with you on the assumption that the cops and all of the hospital staff were white. Seems like a racist assumption, but if that is what you are going with, then I am on board.

What does their race have to do with what I posted there? For the record that county in Florida is 80% white, so it's a fairly safe assumption but I need you to tell me what that has to do with what you responded to?

Offline gatoveintisiete

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cold Ass Honkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: December 28, 2015, 11:24:08 PM »
Slobberknocked :Poke:
it’s not like I’m tired of WINNING, but dude, let me catch my breath.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: December 28, 2015, 11:29:40 PM »
I feel bad for slobber when he wanders into the pit
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

The Big Train

« Reply #118 on: December 28, 2015, 11:30:20 PM »
He brings it on himself

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: December 28, 2015, 11:32:26 PM »
:lol: I must be too stupid for the intelligence levied here in the pit.

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
Official Black Lives Matter Thread
« Reply #120 on: December 28, 2015, 11:34:16 PM »

What does their race have to do with what I posted there? For the record that county in Florida is 80% white, so it's a fairly safe assumption but I need you to tell me what that has to do with what you responded to?
I guess it was a reach for me that when "a black life was marginalized" that it was being marginalized by whites. My mistake.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: December 28, 2015, 11:42:42 PM »

I guess it was a reach for me that when "a black life was marginalized" that it was being marginalized by whites. My mistake.

Yeah, you're right it was your mistake. The very first sentence I typed in that post you quoted said
the entirety of our society doesn't value the lives of black people the way we value others
So I have to think that either you are a poor reader or you don't consider black people as a part of our society. Which is it?

Offline gatoveintisiete

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cold Ass Honkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: December 28, 2015, 11:43:50 PM »
Slobberknocked :Poke:

As in Mir got slobberknocked :Stretcher:

Offline gatoveintisiete

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cold Ass Honkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: December 28, 2015, 11:49:18 PM »
We're so pissed at the entirety of society including ourselves- BLM

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: December 29, 2015, 12:18:22 AM »

Yeah, you're right it was your mistake. The very first sentence I typed in that post you quoted said
the entirety of our society doesn't value the lives of black people the way we value others
So I have to think that either you are a poor reader or you don't consider black people as a part of our society. Which is it?
I am a poor reader. Conceded.