Author Topic: Frank Martin  (Read 53348 times)

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
Re: Frank Martin
« Reply #400 on: February 19, 2016, 11:13:57 AM »
Wacky, Nigel Johnson was a very objectively bad point guard. He never even sniffed a 2-1 a/to ratio. The closest he got was 1.5/1, and that is just terrible. He was bad at basketball. He buoyed his 3p% his sophomore year by having three out of body experience type games, but other than that, he was a bad shooter as well (shooting 20% from behind the arc in all other games, and under 30% his freshman year as well, which was also buoyed by a couple of ridiculous performances surrounded by 17% shooting from behind the arc in all other freshman contests). He sucked. Anything positive to be found in his stats can be linked back to a handful of games, literally like five good games in two years of college basketball. He was horrible. We are so bad now that he actually would have value on this team, but that is an indictment of oscar's recruiting and in no way an endorsement of Nigel's Johnson basketball skill, which was minimal.

Wacky, don't listen to this guy.  I enjoyed watching you play when you played.

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: February 19, 2016, 11:16:52 AM »
There's no way to back this up statistically other than his minutes played, but Nigel couldn't guard anyone.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: February 19, 2016, 11:17:42 AM »
Wacky, Nigel Johnson was a very objectively bad point guard. He never even sniffed a 2-1 a/to ratio. The closest he got was 1.5/1, and that is just terrible. He was bad at basketball. He buoyed his 3p% his sophomore year by having three out of body experience type games, but other than that, he was a bad shooter as well (shooting 20% from behind the arc in all other games, and under 30% his freshman year as well, which was also buoyed by a couple of ridiculous performances surrounded by 17% shooting from behind the arc in all other freshman contests). He sucked. Anything positive to be found in his stats can be linked back to a handful of games, literally like five good games in two years of college basketball. He was horrible. We are so bad now that he actually would have value on this team, but that is an indictment of oscar's recruiting and in no way an endorsement of Nigel's Johnson basketball skill, which was minimal.

I don't think he would have much value this year; Brown and Stokes are much better players. He might get minutes over Ervin.

Johnson was a big reason we beat KU and ISU, so in a way I can see why wacky is overvaluing his play, but its still really weird.

Also, I often morphed Nigel with Wesley and kept calling one or the other "Wesley Johnson", who was actually the former Cyclone and Orangeman who is now in the NBA.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: February 19, 2016, 11:19:51 AM »
There's no way to back this up statistically other than his minutes played, but Nigel couldn't guard anyone.

He was really good at steals, but that doesn't make him a good defender.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: February 19, 2016, 11:22:02 AM »
I like Nigel.  I miss liking our players.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #405 on: February 19, 2016, 11:23:25 AM »
Nigel played in 62 games for K-State and only scored in 40 of them.
How many of those games did he have limited playing time because of that other crap face PG?

More limited by him sucking

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: February 19, 2016, 11:37:59 AM »

I don't think he would have much value this year; Brown and Stokes are much better players. He might get minutes over Ervin.

Johnson was a big reason we beat KU and ISU, so in a way I can see why wacky is overvaluing his play, but its still really weird.

Also, I often morphed Nigel with Wesley and kept calling one or the other "Wesley Johnson", who was actually the former Cyclone and Orangeman who is now in the NBA.

Ervin most likely doesn't get recruited if Nigel is still here, that's all I was saying. He would have backed up Stokes. There's some value in that, not a lot, but some.
This is who I am...I have no problem crying. - Jerome Tang

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: February 19, 2016, 11:40:24 AM »
 :lol: Fine, you guys win. I'm off of work. Have a great day! Rowdy- 1 Wacky- 0.  :D till next time.  :emawkid:

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: February 19, 2016, 11:43:52 AM »

I don't particularly care for our seniors, but I like the rest of this team.

I really like DJamer, Stokes, Brown, and Wade. I go back and forth with Wes, but mainly like him. I'd take all of those guys over Nigel.

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: February 19, 2016, 12:28:40 PM »
I just clicked on this thread for the first time in a couple of days and I'm not sure what the hell is going on with all the Nigel Johnson talk.  Is it worth going back a few pages to see how it started??

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: February 19, 2016, 12:55:02 PM »
Okay my curiosity got the best of me so I went back and found where the Nigel Johnson talk started.  Oh Wacky   :lol:   :D

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: February 19, 2016, 02:34:36 PM »
 :D

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #412 on: February 19, 2016, 03:22:01 PM »
To be fair, basketball really is basically a two game season for ole wackster.

Offline Bill Clarahan

• agricultural related person
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: February 19, 2016, 03:34:46 PM »

I don't particularly care for our seniors, but I like the rest of this team.

I really like DJamer, Stokes, Brown, and Wade. I go back and forth with Wes, but mainly like him. I'd take all of those guys over Nigel.

I really don't see how Wade will be a decent player unless he gets away from oscar and then it looks iffy

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: February 19, 2016, 03:35:33 PM »
To be fair, basketball really is basically a two game season for ole wackster.

:lol:

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: March 12, 2016, 12:18:32 PM »
11-8 vs the SEC. Only had to play UK, A&M, LSU, and Vandy once each. #62 RPI and #128 SOS. One top 50 win.

Best of luck to the Gamecocks in the NIT.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: March 12, 2016, 12:36:14 PM »
Maybe next year!

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: March 13, 2016, 12:13:51 PM »
Lunardi scratched SC to last four out :frown:
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: March 13, 2016, 12:23:26 PM »
They pretty much called them a bunch of trash dicks. :frown:

Offline Lucas Scoopsalot

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: March 13, 2016, 12:33:52 PM »
Vitale said they deserve to be in during this morning game.
Luke's stock is rising as Winters continues to validate his greatness. Add Luke and Winters to my list! Also, EMAWBLAST! and Tobias!

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #420 on: March 13, 2016, 12:51:29 PM »
There are 5 or 6 mid major teams that are more deserving of a bid than SC. They have one win vs the projected field and a handful of horrible losses.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: March 13, 2016, 01:04:17 PM »
How can you be in a P5 conference and only played 2 games against the RPI Top 50?   Does that happen often?  Georgia is 63rd.

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: March 13, 2016, 01:35:54 PM »
The SEC is probably the 7th or 8th best conference this year. It has 2 very good teams and the rest is dog crap.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: March 13, 2016, 01:47:39 PM »

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: March 13, 2016, 01:52:04 PM »
Their profile is trash but you can't objectively put WSU in and USC out, they both have one great win and not much else. WSU has 3 top 100 wins, USC has 8. WSU's marquee win was at home, USC's was on the road.