Author Topic: STAR WARS EPISODE VII THREAD WITH SPOILERS  (Read 11514 times)

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
Re: STAR WARS EPISODE VII THREAD WITH SPOILERS
« Reply #125 on: December 28, 2015, 09:52:20 AM »
Doesn't irl Luke Skywalker stand a fair chance of getting naturally Luke Paulwalker'd before they finish filming the next 2?

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: December 28, 2015, 12:50:51 PM »
Kylo was a whiny bitch because he is really just coming into his powers and not fully trained yet (i.e. Luke in A New Hope and the beginning of Empire).

Are the Knights of Ren the followers of Kylo Ren or is Kylo Ren just one of the Knights of Ren?

Yes, the plot points were very similar to A New Hope but I didn't mind probably because I haven't seen that one is a really long time.

The Big Train

« Reply #127 on: December 28, 2015, 12:54:58 PM »
Have we talked about the opening strolling text yet?  Easily the worst part of the whole movie imo

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: December 28, 2015, 01:18:09 PM »
Have we talked about the opening strolling text yet?  Easily the worst part of the whole movie imo

The words or the graphic nature?

The Big Train

« Reply #129 on: December 28, 2015, 01:18:39 PM »

The words or the graphic nature?

Words. It was terrible

Offline Yard Dog

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • I am DC Cat
    • View Profile

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: December 30, 2015, 11:57:18 PM »
I watched it a second time tonight. I enjoyed it even more this time. The thing I like best is this movie just fits with the original trilogy. It just feels like Star Wars in a way the prequels never did.

The bad guy is also growing on me. I like that he's immature and undisciplined. His sith training should be interesting in the next movie.

Probably my only remaining gripes are (1) they should have come up with something besides a third Death Star, and (2) Republic/Resistance/First Order thing is really poorly explained, which is odd for a movie that's supposed to be setting up the trilogy.

I don't get it. The First Order is just the Empire, down to the same ships and storm troopers. They appear to have hardly missed a beat since RotJ. So shouldn't the Republic be fighting them? Why do they need something called the Resistance? And if the Resistance is just a proxy for the Republic, why are they so woefully undersupplied?

Also, Rey is definitely Luke's daughter. That's why Luke's light saber went to her. It also explains why Luke banished her and shut down his new Jedi program after Ben flipped. If it could happen to his nephew, it could happen to his daughter. Kind of funny that Leia got the bad kid and Luke got the good one.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: December 31, 2015, 12:31:45 AM »
Just watched it, can't believe there are dorks that think this movie wasn't great. It was easily the best of the series.

Also, I almost thought Rey was going to go dark after Kylo said she needed a teacher. MAYBE NEXT TIME

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: December 31, 2015, 12:37:06 AM »
Also I can't believe some morons say Kylo was just like Darth Vader. What the eff, Kylo's far more interesting

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: December 31, 2015, 07:18:07 AM »
Rey definitely trained by her father then he wiped her mind with a MIB pen when he wanted to protect her from the dark side and put her on Jakaru.

Being very serious here, did anyone get the feeling that Mark Hamilton was overacting his ass off and trying way too hard in his first 30 seconds of screen time? His facial expression was so unnatural. I felt like he was pissed that he hadn't been with the gang and he thought he was the guy everyone paid to see and so he was overselling it.

Gonna win 'em all! (using Tapatalk)

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: December 31, 2015, 07:57:21 AM »
Get 'em Rusty!

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: December 31, 2015, 08:57:59 AM »
Just watched it, can't believe there are dorks that think this movie wasn't great. It was easily the best of the series.

Also, I almost thought Rey was going to go dark after Kylo said she needed a teacher. MAYBE NEXT TIME

That would've been a great twist!

Offline Yard Dog

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • I am DC Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: December 31, 2015, 09:05:50 AM »

That would've been a great twist!

You all should go back and read the link I posted. This is one of the things from the novel based on the movie they released 12/18.

7) Rey doesn't just beat Kylo—she also beats the dark side

Rey's triumph over Kylo in their lightsaber duel is widely considered one of the film's greatest moments. But what you don't fully see on-screen is that, standing over a defeated Kylo, Rey faces a final challenge. The novelization portrays it thusly:

Kill him, a voice inside her head said. It was amorphous, unidentifiable, raw. Pure vengeful emotion. So easy, she told herself. So quick.

Instead of killing Kylo, Rey "recoils" from the feeling, which the narration describes as the pull of the dark side.

This is a very significant moment. Every Force-strong Star Wars hero faces this kind of challenge. When the narration refers to "pure vengeful emotion," it's important to remember that part of what drove Rey was seeing Kylo brutally defeat her new friend Finn. She had just seen Kylo deal Finn what might have been a killing blow. She was no doubt furious in that moment—the perfect target for the lure of the dark side.

This is, in essence, the dark side's modus operandi. It's how Anakin Skywalker began his fall in Attack of the Clones, when he slaughtered a village full of Tusken Raiders after they kidnapped his mother, who died in his arms.

But Rey, like Luke, is stronger than Anakin. She resists the urge to deliver her own killing blow. In the movie, a chasm quickly opens up between her and her vanquished foe, appearing to foreclose the possibility of her killing him. In the novelization, she makes her choice before that happens. She runs to Finn, to her friend, instead of yielding to her rage. In refusing the dark side, she has just taken the biggest step of her life.

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: December 31, 2015, 09:10:59 AM »
Does Luke overact in the book, too?

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: December 31, 2015, 10:41:17 AM »
Get out of my face with that silly book

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: December 31, 2015, 10:52:13 AM »
Rusty, did you like BB8?

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: December 31, 2015, 11:05:22 AM »
Rey definitely trained by her father then he wiped her mind with a MIB pen when he wanted to protect her from the dark side and put her on Jakaru.

Being very serious here, did anyone get the feeling that Mark Hamilton was overacting his ass off and trying way too hard in his first 30 seconds of screen time? His facial expression was so unnatural. I felt like he was pissed that he hadn't been with the gang and he thought he was the guy everyone paid to see and so he was overselling it.

He's really old and his face was totally reconstructed and I think it looked like that because it was hard as crap for him to stand up straight for 8 seconds

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: December 31, 2015, 11:16:25 AM »
Rusty, did you like BB8?

I loved him! so adorable.

Online mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: December 31, 2015, 11:22:55 AM »
they should get rid of 3PO

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: December 31, 2015, 11:27:34 AM »

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: December 31, 2015, 11:30:36 AM »

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: December 31, 2015, 11:33:40 AM »
I really like 3PO. Great comedy. But yeah, BB8 is probably the best ever.

Online mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: December 31, 2015, 11:36:04 AM »
i can only stand "ah twoo don't say that!" for 6 movies. i draw the line at 6.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: December 31, 2015, 12:32:53 PM »
I thought this was a great movie for the average fan like myself. Not sure how the mega star wars ppl felt about it and mrs yla who has never seen one liked it as well

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: December 31, 2015, 12:45:44 PM »

The bad guy is also growing on me. I like that he's immature and undisciplined. His sith training should be interesting in the next movie.

I like him too. Yes he is a bit whiny but his inability to handle stress and getting all pissed is what makes him go to the dark side. Anger leads to hate and so on....