Author Topic: STAR WARS EPISODE VII THREAD WITH SPOILERS  (Read 11511 times)

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
Re: STAR WARS EPISODE VII THREAD WITH SPOILERS
« Reply #25 on: December 20, 2015, 12:57:43 AM »
Pretty good. Lots of fun. Bouncy. Maybe a little too much doofy hat tipping, but that should be expected. I wish they would not have chosen to go with a galactic superweapon again for the episode level plot

Offline KCFDcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 20, 2015, 08:44:19 AM »
Pretty good. Lots of fun. Bouncy. Maybe a little too much doofy hat tipping, but that should be expected. I wish they would not have chosen to go with a galactic superweapon again for the episode level plot
Yeah, agreed. I wish they could have found something new instead of deathstar 3.0. I loved when the resistance was like "Oh no, it's the deathstar again!"  then someone showed the two next to each other, and it was essentially the same thing, just way bigger.

I did like the movie, but it was very recycled. Bad guy with a mask who is related to a good guy.  Find the main character on a desert planet. Large spherical base that shoots lasers and blows up planets.  The Droid carries secret messages.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 20, 2015, 02:16:44 PM »

Rey is definitely Luke's kid. I dig the male/female, dark/light/, cousin vs cousin thing that will continue in the next 2

Or Obi-Wan's daughter?

:dunno:

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 20, 2015, 02:23:12 PM »
 I feel like #9 will end with Rey bringing Ren to the light side somehow. Feels like this last trilogy will be about redemption. Luke will definitely make an obi-wan sacrifice at some point

Offline KCFDcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 20, 2015, 03:22:50 PM »
I feel like #9 will end with Rey bringing Ren to the light side somehow. Feels like this last trilogy will be about redemption. Luke will definitely make an obi-wan sacrifice at some point
I mean, it will essentially be 4-6 redone. So the first movie was about finding the next jedi. Next one will be about training etc. Third one will be about fighting the bad guy/converting him.

One other thing I don't get. Why did they have to change the name from "the rebel alliance" (bad ass name btw)  to "the resistance"?  I get why the Empire had to change, with them all being blown up, but the rebels were all very much alive. In fact, the leader of the rebels is now the leader of the resistance! Did their marketing team decide it was time for a brand change or something?

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 20, 2015, 04:36:17 PM »
i thought it was awesome and had a lot of fun watching it.  it was pretty recycled but still really enjoyed it.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 20, 2015, 04:38:11 PM »
I think I might go see it again tonight.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 20, 2015, 06:57:40 PM »
I forced, pun intended the wife to watch 4,5,6 yesterday and today.

We are ready

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 20, 2015, 07:01:01 PM »
I just read where JJ was going to initial kill off Poe, and had even hired the actor with the actor knowing that the character was getting killed off.  Then, JJ reconsidered, apparently, and told the actor that he was going to change some stuff and the actor was going to be in the full movie.

So, it would seem that Poe isn't part of some larger plot, unless JJ completely redid big plot aspects very late in the process.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 20, 2015, 07:08:34 PM »
Are the next 2 movies' stories written yet?  I'll take those spoilers right now if they exist.

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 20, 2015, 08:41:15 PM »

Are the next 2 movies' stories written yet?  I'll take those spoilers right now if they exist.

I've seen that the general outline is written

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • giving new meaning to the term "anger juice"
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 20, 2015, 09:01:47 PM »
I thought it was p. decent.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 21, 2015, 08:53:36 PM »
I really liked it, and lil CF3 loved it, although he had some serious Q's about a lot of stuff

I wanna know who is that supreme comander smoak guy? What's his deal?

Online pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 21, 2015, 09:30:26 PM »
I really liked it, and lil CF3 loved it, although he had some serious Q's about a lot of stuff

snoke is Darth Plagueis

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline KCFDcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 21, 2015, 09:33:37 PM »

snoke is Darth Plagueis
I 100% don't believe this

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 21, 2015, 09:34:01 PM »
lil CF3 as I tucked him in: "Dad, why didn't chewbacca just shoot that bridge that Kylo Ren was on and make it fall down when Kylo Ren poked Hans solo with his red light saber? He just stood there and yelled weird noises."

Online Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 21, 2015, 09:34:18 PM »
Rey is definitely Luke's kid. I dig the male/female, dark/light/, cousin vs cousin thing that will continue in the next 2

I thought that walking out of the theater but it almost seems too easy.  I like the theory that the main characters were in Luke's Jedi training program.

I have a feel the new supreme leader guy is like super small (hence the really big hologram) and maybe related to Yoda?

C3P0 and Chewbacca need to go away.

The story overall felt too much like the same old script.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 21, 2015, 09:37:48 PM »

I thought that walking out of the theater but it almost seems too easy.  I like the theory that the main characters were in Luke's Jedi training program.

I have a feel the new supreme leader guy is like super small (hence the really big hologram) and maybe related to Yoda?

3PO had like, 3 minutes of screen time. Chewy will probably see his role reduced without Solo around

Online Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 21, 2015, 09:55:57 PM »

3PO had like, 3 minutes of screen time. Chewy will probably see his role reduced without Solo around

Yeah I know, just didn't see the need for any 3po at all. 

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 21, 2015, 10:09:04 PM »
I liked the C3PO parts.

Online Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: December 21, 2015, 10:15:13 PM »
I liked the C3PO parts.

Not like it ruined the movie or anything...I guess I had enough flashbacks with Han, Leia, R2D2, Luke, AT-ATs, Falcon, etc.

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 21, 2015, 10:19:18 PM »
C3PO and Chewbacca are part of the saga, of course they will be around.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 21, 2015, 10:26:39 PM »
I liked the C3PO parts.

Not like it ruined the movie or anything...I guess I had enough flashbacks with Han, Leia, R2D2, Luke, AT-ATs, Falcon, etc.

I'm no mega fan, but I like the old movies. I thought they did a great job of mixing the old and new characters. Sets up the next one to be all about Rey

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 22, 2015, 10:02:00 AM »

I liked the C3PO parts.

I'm no mega fan, but I like the old movies. I thought they did a great job of mixing the old and new characters. Sets up the next one to be all about Rey

Yes, the connections to the old movies were great. I went and saw it again yesterday with my son, it's definitely a movie I enjoyed watching twice and I rarely do that.

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #49 on: December 22, 2015, 10:14:41 AM »
I just read where JJ was going to initial kill off Poe, and had even hired the actor with the actor knowing that the character was getting killed off.  Then, JJ reconsidered, apparently, and told the actor that he was going to change some stuff and the actor was going to be in the full movie.

So, it would seem that Poe isn't part of some larger plot, unless JJ completely redid big plot aspects very late in the process.

Characters' story lines get changed all of the time.  It probably depends on what Rian Johnson wants to do with him.

Oscar Isaac had kind of blown up since Star Wars started casting.  That could be good or bad.  They may want him to stick around for a little star power (a la a new Harrison Ford), or they may want to save a little money.  He's probably going to command a lot for fairly little screen time.

I mean, if he's just going to be a glorified Wedge, then cut him.  But he was a pretty witty, entertaining character that they can get some use out of, so if they choose to expand his role, I think it would be good for the films.  He seems like the kind of guy Rian Johnson, specifically, could get some mileage out of.

I think the challenge with this trilogy is that the first one dealt primarily with Han Solo, Luke, and Leia.  Vader just popped in as an antagonist; there wasn't a lot of character development for him until ROTJ.  I just don't think there's going to be a lot of room for "Poe-as-Han" in this series because they really want to (rightly) dive into Kylo/Ben.

Which is great because Adam Driver is great, the character is great, and the potential for the continued conflict with Rey is going to be fantastic.  That girl was a badass.