Author Topic: Rank your top KC Broadcasters/Personalities here  (Read 34117 times)

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
Re: Rank your top KC Broadcasters/Personalities here
« Reply #400 on: December 06, 2021, 01:42:27 PM »
I love it.  He’s such a baller.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Online Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: December 07, 2021, 03:35:37 PM »

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline schreds21

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: February 16, 2022, 01:39:54 PM »
So yesterday was Jake Gutierrez's last day on the Border Patrol.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: February 16, 2022, 02:12:17 PM »
does anyone know where Jake is going? i'm 10 minutes into this thing and they haven't said, SSJ is just talking about how he's really pissed about it.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #405 on: February 16, 2022, 02:19:44 PM »
like people leave jobs all the time but this feels different based on SSJ's reaction.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: February 16, 2022, 02:20:28 PM »
does anyone know where Jake is going? i'm 10 minutes into this thing and they haven't said, SSJ is just talking about how he's really pissed about it.

Are we really going to have to listen an hour and 45 minutes of that deal? My issue with that show is that it gets really self involved when they have guests on. I want to know why he's leaving but I don't want to listen to two hours of navel gazing.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: February 16, 2022, 02:23:29 PM »
maybe it was explained on the radio, i don't listen every day or even close to it. 21 minutes into this pod and no explanation, just SSJ being mad about how Jake told him.

Offline schreds21

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: February 16, 2022, 02:48:53 PM »
I only have a five minute commute now, so don't get to listen to much of the show anymore.  All I know is that he us moving to Colorado and is going to finish some book that he's writing.

On a side note: 12 years on this blog and I just hit 1000 posts  :party:

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: February 16, 2022, 03:00:02 PM »
I only have a five minute commute now, so don't get to listen to much of the show anymore.  All I know is that he us moving to Colorado and is going to finish some book that he's writing.

On a side note: 12 years on this blog and I just hit 1000 posts  :party:

Congrats. I fondly reminder when I hit 1,000 posts. BookiePimp was trying to give me crap for being a Squawktard posting here.

Thanks for noticing my post count. When I get to 1,000, we'll hold a special bonfire. You Aggies can dance around it like wild injuns.

Offline schreds21

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: February 16, 2022, 04:00:58 PM »
While I don't post much, I am a very accomplished lurker.  Glad you stuck around, Spracs.  You're much more entertaining than BookiePimp.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: February 16, 2022, 05:30:58 PM »
maybe it was explained on the radio, i don't listen every day or even close to it. 21 minutes into this pod and no explanation, just SSJ being mad about how Jake told him.
During last years Super Bowl he took a leave of absence for a month or so to head to the mountains to write a book. He's now leaving to complete that book, back in the mountains in Colorado. He's lost a lot of people in his life and I think he's taking some time to self reflect. He's been through a lot personally and I think this is a goal of his. Mutual friends. We've hung out a few times.

Offline schreds21

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: February 16, 2022, 06:57:53 PM »
Thanks Wacky.  Figured yiu would have a little more insight on this.

Online Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: February 16, 2022, 07:18:31 PM »
During last years Super Bowl he took a leave of absence for a month or so to head to the mountains to write a book. He's now leaving to complete that book, back in the mountains in Colorado. He's lost a lot of people in his life and I think he's taking some time to self reflect. He's been through a lot personally and I think this is a goal of his. Mutual friends. We've hung out a few times.
He said in the podcast that he wants to be a lifecoach counselor or something.

He wants to use his experience to help others.

He’s had major drug and alcohol problems on top of suicidal depression that he has overcome. Both of his folks are gone too.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: February 16, 2022, 09:05:28 PM »
Correct. Has always been a fun/great guy and life of the party. Was just never around him during his struggles. I’m happy for him. On the side, he use to work the CBS NFL work trucks as a part producer and be on the road a lot. Married one of my wife’s Best friends for a bit. He’s really trying to grow himself and I love it for him.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: February 16, 2022, 10:17:45 PM »
That podcast was an interesting listen. I know that they Jake and Nate tried to let SSJ off the hook, but my God he sounded like a whiny selfish prick. Knowing what his friend has been through, to make that situation that much about him is a special kind of egocentrism.

I got a kick out of them talking about how much God is in their lives while using the word eff every third word.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: February 16, 2022, 11:43:41 PM »

I got a kick out of them talking about how much God is in their lives while using the word eff every third word.
Do those two things really have anything to do with each other?  Cussing and spirituality I mean.  Religion, perhaps, depending on the flavor and it’s particular rules.  Some of the most spiritual people I know curse the most.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: February 17, 2022, 08:39:58 AM »
i had never heard SSJ outside of 810 and wow it's apparently very impressive that he has managed to never say 'eff' on air

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: February 17, 2022, 11:40:28 AM »

Do those two things really have anything to do with each other?  Cussing and spirituality I mean.  Religion, perhaps, depending on the flavor and it’s particular rules.  Some of the most spiritual people I know curse the most.

I don't care how people worship, believe, testify, etc. It just struck me funny that in the course of a discussion about how much God is in their lives and specifically how he guides their path, a very evangelical conversation, the word eff was used about every fifth word.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: February 17, 2022, 11:43:26 AM »
i had never heard SSJ outside of 810 and wow it's apparently very impressive that he has managed to never say 'eff' on air

It was jarring how much he used that word, almost seemed intentional. I was surprised to hear Bukaty remain quiet for 45 minutes then to hear him curse, I took him for a puritanical nerd.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #420 on: February 17, 2022, 02:12:26 PM »
Swearing is part of being catholic

Offline passranch

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: February 17, 2022, 03:22:57 PM »

It was jarring how much he used that word, almost seemed intentional. I was surprised to hear Bukaty remain quiet for 45 minutes then to hear him curse, I took him for a puritanical nerd.

I got a high-five from drunk Bukaty once.  He's definitely not the same buttoned down dude you see/hear on TV/radio that he is in person.

Also, I remember seeing SSJ on stage at KC Live! after the Royals won the World Series and he was Mother effin' that place right and left that night.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: February 17, 2022, 03:29:58 PM »

I got a high-five from drunk Bukaty once.  He's definitely not the same buttoned down dude you see/hear on TV/radio that he is in person.

Also, I remember seeing SSJ on stage at KC Live! after the Royals won the World Series and he was Mother effin' that place right and left that night.

Is Bukaty the paper shaker?

Online Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: February 17, 2022, 03:30:58 PM »
Yes

And Nate’s cursing sounded super forced and try hard

Online Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: February 17, 2022, 03:31:43 PM »
I’m pretty sure ssj’s dad was a mob associate that did time for drugs or arson or something