Author Topic: Thank God for Iowa State  (Read 68221 times)

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
Re: Thank God for Iowa State
« Reply #250 on: December 28, 2019, 03:37:25 PM »
Twitter has been a fun read today :lol:
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: December 28, 2019, 04:26:46 PM »
Post them all
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: December 28, 2019, 05:58:34 PM »
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: December 28, 2019, 06:19:54 PM »
The thread title is absurd.  Nobody has ever thanked God for Iowa State.  More like wondering why did God smite us with Iowa State?

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #254 on: December 28, 2019, 06:52:36 PM »
:comeatme:

Offline j rake

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
    • @j_rake
« Reply #255 on: December 28, 2019, 08:42:25 PM »
iowa state has two 9-win seasons in program history.

most recent was 2000.

before that, 1906.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: December 28, 2019, 08:43:27 PM »
Oh wow

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: December 28, 2019, 09:29:48 PM »
iowa state has two 9-win seasons in program history.

most recent was 2000.

before that, 1906.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

their wikipedia page is an incredible experience.

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: December 28, 2019, 09:30:38 PM »
Conference champ history

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: December 28, 2019, 09:31:30 PM »
Best finishes in the AP poll

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: December 28, 2019, 09:32:25 PM »
First team AA

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: December 28, 2019, 09:37:15 PM »
:sdeek:
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #262 on: December 28, 2019, 09:44:19 PM »
Best finishes in the AP poll

One could only assume they didn't lose every single one of those games by 21+ that year.  The year which was the greatest year in Iowa State football history.

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: December 28, 2019, 10:23:47 PM »
yeah, we only beat them by 46 points in 2000.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: December 30, 2019, 09:50:25 AM »
well at least it looks like their program won't have to find a new hashtag until at least 2094 #strivefornine

Offline PurpleOil

• Katpak'r
  • Make it rain
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: December 30, 2019, 09:50:45 AM »
...damn

I honestly had no idea

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: December 30, 2019, 09:55:23 AM »
Conference champ history

I remember the north being shitty, but I honestly did not remember it being so shitty that 4-4 was good enough to win it. And ISU still didn't even win the tiebreaker. :lol:

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: December 30, 2019, 10:15:14 AM »
kind of surprised given their lack of success that they don't just pull a Texas A&M and paint 2004 Big 12 Champions on their pressbox for ants

Online MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: December 30, 2019, 09:42:18 PM »
Conference champ history

I remember the north being shitty, but I honestly did not remember it being so shitty that 4-4 was good enough to win it. And ISU still didn't even win the tiebreaker. :lol:

In true ISU fashion, they blew a chance to win the division, with a 4-4 record, in back to back seasons. Both seasons their kicker missed a field goal to win the division. 2004 it was against KU, in 2005 against Missouri.

Offline manpow5

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: January 06, 2020, 04:17:34 PM »

To EMAW or Not to EMAW

Online MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #270 on: January 06, 2020, 07:41:43 PM »
This guy is the personification of flood aggie

January 3, 2020

Dear Cyclone fans,

As we begin 2020, and the next decade of Cyclone athletics, I want to share several important thoughts.

Like many of you, I was disappointed with the final month of 2019. Although our student-athletes continued to excel in the classroom, December did not go as desired from a competitive standpoint.

Unfortunately, it is human nature to magnify our frustrations during challenging times.  (The challenging times are the two game losing streaks of their football and basketball teams, and getting pounded by Iowa in basketball. They are used to all of this) However, it is equally important to remember where our journey began and how much we have progressed during the past decade. Our facilities, fan support, and overall athletic and academic success, have never been better at Iowa State University.

The simple fact that the Florida Citrus Sports leadership team chose the Cyclones over several other Big 12 institutions to play Notre Dame in the Camping World Bowl, (apparently several has now come to mean one) underlines how our football program is perceived nationally.  :ROFL: Furthermore, the competitive success of our entire department has risen from the bottom of the Big 12 a decade ago to one of the top three programs as recently as last year. (pollard is the grand champion of hyperbole)

We have won ten Big 12 championships in the last ten years (after just three in the prior decade) and won four of the last six Big 12 Men's Basketball Tournament championships. In addition, next fall our football program will have the opportunity to qualify for a bowl game for the fourth year in a row, a feat never before accomplished in the history of our institution.

This past December's performance is a good reminder that the journey from good to great is not a straight line and often includes many setbacks and turns, which can bring disappointments and even bewilderment. All of our coaches and student-athletes work extremely hard week after week, but progress sometimes mysteriously stalls. For some people, the irrational impulse when things get tough is to lose hope, become negative and quit the journey because it is simply too challenging.

I can guarantee you that is not the case for our coaches, student-athletes and staff. We are ready to continue the journey. I am reminded of a quote from the late, great, Vince Lombardi who once said, "The man on top of the mountain didn't fall there." Climbing a steep mountain only gets tougher the higher you get because the air gets thinner. It is important to remember that our journey will not get easier, and will most likely include further disappointments. However, I am confident that we will ultimately achieve the success we all desire.

(What a rough ridin' windbag)

My simple request to each of you is to never lose your passion and desire to want the best for our program. Disappointment, although painful, is also very motivating. However, we need to remember there is a difference between being irrational and being disappointed. Irrational thoughts, when acted upon, actually make us look like the fan bases we often times make fun of when they experience disappointments. Let us be the fan base that other schools aspire to model. (holee crap, I bet he fist pumped when typing this and let out an audible, nailed it) I am confident we can do that, but we need everyone's help.

Finally, I want to share several exciting updates with you related to the multiple facility projects we are currently working on.

The construction of the $90M Student Performance Center continues to progress on budget and on schedule. We anticipate it will open in January of 2021. Once the building is completed, we can begin work on the north end of the stadium, which includes the new game day plaza and north concourse connection. We anticipate that project will be completed by August of 2021
We recently secured two $5M gift commitments ($10M total) from separate donors to fund the construction of the "Pedestrian Gateway" bridge over University Boulevard that we introduced last fall as part of our Multi-Use Entertainment and Art District. We are scheduled to seek approval from the Board of Regents at their February meeting to begin the design and construction of the bridge. The construction of the bridge will create a dynamic entranceway to campus and serve as a catalyst for the development of additional football game day parking inventory and the completion of the multi-use district.
We are also planning to present to the Board of Regents at their April meeting, our plans to proceed with the Hilton Coliseum concourse expansion project and our vision to connect Hilton to the Scheman Building, further enhancing our ability to provide additional hospitality and entertainment space for patrons using Hilton and the Iowa State Center.
We continue to explore modifications to the parking lots in and around the Iowa State Center to further improve parking accommodations for fans visiting those facilities, including Hilton Coliseum. We hope to have these improvements completed by the fall of 2021.
We are making great progress on the multi-use development project (the funding for the Pedestrian Bridge was a critical first step) and we anticipate providing more updates related to this project later this spring.
In closing, I simply want to say thank you. The support, passion, and patience that the majority of our fan base has exhibited over the past decade is phenomenal. We have so much to be proud of, and even more to look forward to. I can honestly say our coaches and staff have never been more committed and confident about their abilities to achieve greatness at Iowa State University. We look forward to a prosperous future together.

Happy New Year and Go Cyclones!

Jamie Pollard, Iowa State Director of Athletics

Offline joda

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: January 06, 2020, 08:55:59 PM »
Imagine thinking 2020 is the start of the decade :ROFL:

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: January 06, 2020, 10:02:59 PM »
My favorite part:

We recently secured two $5M gift commitments ($10M total)

Man. This guy is VERY John Currie’y. And what fanbases do they make fun of, exactly?
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: January 07, 2020, 08:49:04 AM »
I started reading that thinking that it was a dumbass fan writing an editorial

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: January 07, 2020, 08:54:39 AM »
This guy is the personification of flood aggie

January 3, 2020

Dear Cyclone fans,

As we begin 2020, and the next decade of Cyclone athletics, I want to share several important thoughts.

Like many of you, I was disappointed with the final month of 2019. Although our student-athletes continued to excel in the classroom, December did not go as desired from a competitive standpoint.

Unfortunately, it is human nature to magnify our frustrations during challenging times.  (The challenging times are the two game losing streaks of their football and basketball teams, and getting pounded by Iowa in basketball. They are used to all of this) However, it is equally important to remember where our journey began and how much we have progressed during the past decade. Our facilities, fan support, and overall athletic and academic success, have never been better at Iowa State University.

The simple fact that the Florida Citrus Sports leadership team chose the Cyclones over several other Big 12 institutions to play Notre Dame in the Camping World Bowl, (apparently several has now come to mean one) underlines how our football program is perceived nationally.  :ROFL: Furthermore, the competitive success of our entire department has risen from the bottom of the Big 12 a decade ago to one of the top three programs as recently as last year. (pollard is the grand champion of hyperbole)

We have won ten Big 12 championships in the last ten years (after just three in the prior decade) and won four of the last six Big 12 Men's Basketball Tournament championships. In addition, next fall our football program will have the opportunity to qualify for a bowl game for the fourth year in a row, a feat never before accomplished in the history of our institution.

This past December's performance is a good reminder that the journey from good to great is not a straight line and often includes many setbacks and turns, which can bring disappointments and even bewilderment. All of our coaches and student-athletes work extremely hard week after week, but progress sometimes mysteriously stalls. For some people, the irrational impulse when things get tough is to lose hope, become negative and quit the journey because it is simply too challenging.

I can guarantee you that is not the case for our coaches, student-athletes and staff. We are ready to continue the journey. I am reminded of a quote from the late, great, Vince Lombardi who once said, "The man on top of the mountain didn't fall there." Climbing a steep mountain only gets tougher the higher you get because the air gets thinner. It is important to remember that our journey will not get easier, and will most likely include further disappointments. However, I am confident that we will ultimately achieve the success we all desire.

(What a rough ridin' windbag)

My simple request to each of you is to never lose your passion and desire to want the best for our program. Disappointment, although painful, is also very motivating. However, we need to remember there is a difference between being irrational and being disappointed. Irrational thoughts, when acted upon, actually make us look like the fan bases we often times make fun of when they experience disappointments. Let us be the fan base that other schools aspire to model. (holee crap, I bet he fist pumped when typing this and let out an audible, nailed it) I am confident we can do that, but we need everyone's help.

Finally, I want to share several exciting updates with you related to the multiple facility projects we are currently working on.

The construction of the $90M Student Performance Center continues to progress on budget and on schedule. We anticipate it will open in January of 2021. Once the building is completed, we can begin work on the north end of the stadium, which includes the new game day plaza and north concourse connection. We anticipate that project will be completed by August of 2021
We recently secured two $5M gift commitments ($10M total) from separate donors to fund the construction of the "Pedestrian Gateway" bridge over University Boulevard that we introduced last fall as part of our Multi-Use Entertainment and Art District. We are scheduled to seek approval from the Board of Regents at their February meeting to begin the design and construction of the bridge. The construction of the bridge will create a dynamic entranceway to campus and serve as a catalyst for the development of additional football game day parking inventory and the completion of the multi-use district.
We are also planning to present to the Board of Regents at their April meeting, our plans to proceed with the Hilton Coliseum concourse expansion project and our vision to connect Hilton to the Scheman Building, further enhancing our ability to provide additional hospitality and entertainment space for patrons using Hilton and the Iowa State Center.
We continue to explore modifications to the parking lots in and around the Iowa State Center to further improve parking accommodations for fans visiting those facilities, including Hilton Coliseum. We hope to have these improvements completed by the fall of 2021.
We are making great progress on the multi-use development project (the funding for the Pedestrian Bridge was a critical first step) and we anticipate providing more updates related to this project later this spring.
In closing, I simply want to say thank you. The support, passion, and patience that the majority of our fan base has exhibited over the past decade is phenomenal. We have so much to be proud of, and even more to look forward to. I can honestly say our coaches and staff have never been more committed and confident about their abilities to achieve greatness at Iowa State University. We look forward to a prosperous future together.

Happy New Year and Go Cyclones!

Jamie Pollard, Iowa State Director of Athletics

They chose them over OSU, too. It was a very strange decision.