Author Topic: I think the Missouri football players just went on strike  (Read 92873 times)

Online Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: I think the Missouri football players just went on strike
« Reply #225 on: November 09, 2015, 01:28:56 PM »
Ugg. More grievance mongering on campus run amok. And the usual suspects just lap it up. When are you fools going to realize that we should expect more of college students than to behave like perpetual petulant adolescents? So some self-absorbed, melodramatic, zealot with a likely mental disorder is starving himself because his feelings are hurt. Do you not see how deranged his solution and demands are?

This is just another extension of the epidemic of ridiculous, over the top PC outrage gripping college campuses. The only way to stop it is to denounce it. Instead we pander to it with fawning media coverage.

Finally, a swastika made out of human crap? It's certainly possible that this could be a genuine "hate crime," but how many fake ones is it going to take before we treat these with skepticism?

What should we be skeptical about?

You should be skeptical about the motivations behind painting a swastika on the wall out of human crap. Sounds like a hoax, as opposed to something genuinely motivated by anti-black (or anti-semitic?) racism. It's the sort of thing a crazy person would do, not unlike going on hunger strike to oust a college president because he wasn't sypatheitc enough to the riots in Ferguson.

You really shouldn't be. Some racist from backwoods Missouri pooped into his own hand and drew a swastika on the wall. The simplest answer is usually correct.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: November 09, 2015, 01:30:00 PM »
A man just lost his job, be excited for change and move on, but this crap...

https://twitter.com/BKSportsTalk/status/663782321716228096

Shame on those 18-22 years olds for being excited about starting a grassroots movement that had some success. Do you not get excited about garnering success in something you are passionate about? Royals probably should have been more considerate for the Mets feelings and just went home and had wine with their wives.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I think the Missouri football players just went on strike
« Reply #227 on: November 09, 2015, 01:31:05 PM »
I suspect the UM has a lot highly paid admin types to take care of these things.  Where are they, did this guy mute or thwart their response to these predominately alleged incidents perpetrated by unknown individuals?

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: November 09, 2015, 01:33:30 PM »

Shame on those 18-22 years olds for being excited about starting a grassroots movement that had some success. Do you not get excited about garnering success in something you are passionate about? Royals probably should have been more considerate for the Mets feelings and just went home and had wine with their wives.
I mean, I agree, but it's kind of different. However, it is what it is. I don't want to argue about this. I wasn't engaged in it enough, to really know what i'm talking about.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: November 09, 2015, 01:36:07 PM »
MIR and the rest of the resident PC jackboots cheer a guy getting fired for not showing enough outrage over mainly alleged racial incidents and other incidents perpetrated by unknown person or persons.

LOL you can't help yourself, can you? You can't accept the coons trying to find their voice so you just keep repeating yourself no matter how many times you've been proven incorrect. Enjoy the pizza, Scheme is owned by white people and the blacks in Salina generally don't venture to that part of town so you don't have to be forced to listen to their whining about wanting to be equal and crap. You should be able to watch them bounce that ball on TV without having to think about the circus monkeys wanting to feel human.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: November 09, 2015, 01:37:38 PM »

MIR and the rest of the resident PC jackboots cheer a guy getting fired for not showing enough outrage over mainly alleged racial incidents and other incidents perpetrated by unknown person or persons.

I don't get this line of thinking. Is the assumption there is no course of action that will accomplish any positive result?

Course of action by whom?

Read Dugout's posts re managers. Clients are looking for some sort of response to problems and be included in that process. Apparently he did a poor job of this. I mean do you want me to be super specific so you can shoot down everything I write? I don't know the situation that well.

No one can qualify or quantify what the response should have been to predominately alleged incidents perpetrated by unknown person or persons.

A strongly worded statement?  Campus thought police patrols?  Doubling down on existing discrimination policies?  What would have satisfied the Jackboots?

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: November 09, 2015, 01:39:23 PM »

LOL you can't help yourself, can you? You can't accept the coons trying to find their voice so you just keep repeating yourself no matter how many times you've been proven incorrect. Enjoy the pizza, Scheme is owned by white people and the blacks in Salina generally don't venture to that part of town so you don't have to be forced to listen to their whining about wanting to be equal and crap. You should be able to watch them bounce that ball on TV without having to think about the circus monkeys wanting to feel human.

That is such unmitigated and disgusting bull$hit, but not the least bit surprising coming from you.

LOL

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: November 09, 2015, 01:39:59 PM »

I mean, I agree, but it's kind of different. However, it is what it is. I don't want to argue about this. I wasn't engaged in it enough, to really know what i'm talking about.

stop talking about it wacks.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: November 09, 2015, 01:41:31 PM »
I think what we've learned is that if you're a minority in America you now have a right to never be offended.  May as well write it into the Constitution.

crap I wish. We can put a lot of stupid mother fuckers in jail, take away voting rights, all kind of fun stuff. It's too bad that you miss the good ol days when you could call people beaners, retards, faggots, etc. without repercussion. I can assure you that you can absolutely still do all of those things. You can even call a whole nation of people rapists and drug dealers and and be a leading candidate for president and host Saturday Night Live! What a country!

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: November 09, 2015, 01:43:44 PM »

:Wha:

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: November 09, 2015, 01:45:08 PM »

omg when it pans to the right at about :11 the guy with the flannel and the tan ball cap :lol:

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: November 09, 2015, 01:47:02 PM »

I don't get this line of thinking. Is the assumption there is no course of action that will accomplish any positive result?

Course of action by whom?

Read Dugout's posts re managers. Clients are looking for some sort of response to problems and be included in that process. Apparently he did a poor job of this. I mean do you want me to be super specific so you can shoot down everything I write? I don't know the situation that well.

No one can qualify or quantify what the response should have been to predominately alleged incidents perpetrated by unknown person or persons.

A strongly worded statement?  Campus thought police patrols?  Doubling down on existing discrimination policies?  What would have satisfied the Jackboots?

There were several actionable items in the list of demands that could have been taken care of previously. I don't know the entire history, but I'm sure there's plenty of other things he could have done to address students' concerns.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: November 09, 2015, 01:50:26 PM »
What should the actions have been? cRusty. 

Oh, resign

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: November 09, 2015, 01:51:19 PM »

That is such unmitigated and disgusting bull$hit, but not the least bit surprising coming from you.

LOL

I'm pretty comfortable with how I have characterized you, thank you for making it easy to do so. Your continually parroting of this intentionally dumbed down talking point to minimize the message and messengers makes your intent clear. If you don't understand what's happening you could either state that you don't get it, or just shut the eff up and read and listen. I haven't made any definitive statements about the protesters or the nature of their protests because I said in my very first post in this thread "I still can't wrap my hands around it." You made the choice to place value judgements on why there people protested without actually knowing why they protested; live with the consequences, own who you are.

Offline Porkchop

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: November 09, 2015, 01:51:57 PM »
What group does a hullabaloo swastika offend the most?  Shouldn't Jews be offended more? 

What if it was a hullabaloo Rebel flag?  Who would that offend?  I'm guessing it would offend those who fly the Rebel flag the most, not African Americans.  The fact that it was made with hullabaloo implies non support or rejection.

It's all a matter of perspective.

Offline MixBerryCrunch

• Señor Vol
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Anybody want a peanut?
    • View Profile
« Reply #240 on: November 09, 2015, 01:54:07 PM »
I think what we've learned is that if you're a minority in America you now have a right to never be offended.  May as well write it into the Constitution.

crap I wish. We can put a lot of stupid mother fuckers in jail, take away voting rights, all kind of fun stuff. It's too bad that you miss the good ol days when you could call people beaners, retards, faggots, etc. without repercussion. I can assure you that you can absolutely still do all of those things. You can even call a whole nation of people rapists and drug dealers and and be a leading candidate for president and host Saturday Night Live! What a country!

Calling me a racist has no affect on me.  I know I'm not one.  PC bullying only works on the weak minded.  There's no doubt in my mind that you're a racist though.
Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: November 09, 2015, 01:54:40 PM »
10 minutes to bitb  :excited:
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: November 09, 2015, 01:56:40 PM »

Calling me a racist has no affect on me.  I know I'm not one.  PC bullying only works on the weak minded.  There's no doubt in my mind that you're a racist though.

Where in here did I call you a racist? Hit dog gonna holler!

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: November 09, 2015, 01:57:05 PM »
What should the actions have been? cRusty. 

Oh, resign

well, I'm guessing if he had made steps to meet any of the six demands not related to Wolfe apologizing/resigning, he would still be president.

I. we demand that the University of Missouri system president, Tim Wolfe, writes a handwritten apology for the Concerned Students 1–9 – 5–0 demonstrators and holds a press conference in the Mizzou Student Center reading the letter. In the letter and at the press conference, Tim Wolfe must acknowledge his white male privilege, recognize that systems of oppression exist, and provide a verbal commitment to fulfilling Concerned Student 1–9 – 5–0 demands. We want Tim Wolfe to admit to his gross negligence, allowing his driver to hit one of the demonstrators, consenting to the physical violence of bystanders, and Leslie refusing to intervene when Columbia Police Department use excessive force with demonstrators.

II. We demand the immediate removal of Tim Wolfe as UM system president. After his removal a new amendment to the UM system policies must be established to have all future UM president and Chancellor positions be selected by collective of students, staff, and faculty of diverse backgrounds.

III. We demand that the University of Missouri meets the Legion of Black Collegians' demands that were presented in 1969 for the betterment of the black community.

IV. We demand that by the academic year 2017–2018, the University of Missouri increases the percentage of black faculty and staff campus wide to 10%.

V. We demand that the University of Missouri compose a strategic 10 year plan by May 1, 2016 that will increase retention rates for marginalize students, sustain diversity curriculum and training, and promote a more safe and inclusive campus.

VII. We demand that the University of Missouri increases funding for resources for the University of Missouri Counseling Center for the purpose of hiring additional mental health professionals; particularly those of color, boosting the mental health outreach and programming across campus, increasing campus-wide awareness and visibility of the counseling center, and reducing lengthy wait times for prospective clients.

VII. We demand at the University of Missouri increases funding, resources, and personnel for the social justices center on campus for the purpose of hiring additional professionals, particularly those of color, boosting out reach and programming across campus, and increasing campus-wide awareness and visibility.

Online Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: November 09, 2015, 01:58:09 PM »
What group does a hullabaloo swastika offend the most?  Shouldn't Jews be offended more? 

What if it was a hullabaloo Rebel flag?  Who would that offend?  I'm guessing it would offend those who fly the Rebel flag the most, not African Americans.  The fact that it was made with hullabaloo implies non support or rejection.

If you aren't offended by a crap swastika being wiped onto the wall of the building that you live in, regardless of what race you are, then there is something wrong with you.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: November 09, 2015, 01:59:00 PM »

Where in here did I call you a racist? Hit dog gonna holler!

Lol
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: November 09, 2015, 01:59:29 PM »

Focusing on the swastika is the surest sign of someone who has either not read anything about what is happening or have no real interest on discussing the issues; which are you?

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: November 09, 2015, 02:00:57 PM »

LOL

I'm pretty comfortable with how I have characterized you, thank you for making it easy to do so. Your continually parroting of this intentionally dumbed down talking point to minimize the message and messengers makes your intent clear. If you don't understand what's happening you could either state that you don't get it, or just shut the eff up and read and listen. I haven't made any definitive statements about the protesters or the nature of their protests because I said in my very first post in this thread "I still can't wrap my hands around it." You made the choice to place value judgements on why there people protested without actually knowing why they protested; live with the consequences, own who you are.

I disagree with you therefore you imply very strongly I'm a racist.

That's your effed up world view.

Not once have I said they should do nothing.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: November 09, 2015, 02:01:51 PM »
I don't think anyone is complaining about being offended.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline kstate16

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: November 09, 2015, 02:03:20 PM »
Again,  not just a race issue with the calling for the resignation.  It just took the race whistle (as MIR put it) to actually get some action on it, which is kind of sad for mizzou.