Author Topic: Marco Rubio Master Thread  (Read 59998 times)

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Marco Rubio Master Thread
« Reply #75 on: November 09, 2015, 10:30:13 PM »
I like how all the people posting comments think the Republican Party is a government agency. :Carl:

After hearing him respond to this on multiple occasions, I am confident anyone who attacks him on it will be shut down effectively. NPR said this morning that Jeb will be using it in the debate tomorrow. We all know what happens when Jeb tries to attack Marco.

It is amazing to me that this appears to be the strongest attack against Rubio, and how incredibly weak it is.

Rubio's biggest weakness is his duplicity on immigration, but folks like Jeb and Hillary can't attack him on that.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline chuckjames

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 09, 2015, 10:58:42 PM »
You understand what supply side economics is, or difference between fiscal and economic policy.

I find it facinating that in libtard lexicon, "supply side" is a perjorative. Part of rewriting Reagan, Clinton and Bush's legacy I suppose.

The theory behind supply side economics is unlike in Keynsian models, you try to move the supply curve, by increasing investments. You do this lowering taxes on capital so it will theoretically make people want to invest their capital in businesses therefore increasing productivity which in theory would move the supply curve down.

Another component of supply side economics is fiscal responsibility as a high national debt should raise interest rates and therefore making it more attractive for people with capital to save money rather than invest that capital in businesses.

Did I answer you question satisfactorily for your tastes or would you like me to go on?
« Last Edit: November 10, 2015, 08:44:05 AM by chuckjames »

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 10, 2015, 08:12:50 AM »
I'm still hoping for this Bush/Rubio surge. Could they (either one or a combination) overcome a Carson/Trump ticket? Would draw a pretty big line between the two parties within the party. Could be what the GOP needs to finally split.

Offline renocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 10, 2015, 08:30:08 AM »
We will rally around Rubio.  After tonights debate he will be the hot steaming turd everyone will want to smell.  WUD is hurting himself attacking Carson who is a darling of social conservatives.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 10, 2015, 08:55:42 AM »
Herman cain?
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 10, 2015, 09:07:24 AM »
I'm still hoping for this Bush/Rubio surge. Could they (either one or a combination) overcome a Carson/Trump ticket? Would draw a pretty big line between the two parties within the party. Could be what the GOP needs to finally split.

Yes, Rubio can overcome Carson and Trump. No, Jeb cannot. No, Rubio would not "split" the GOP. At worst it would be another Romney 2012 where some conservatives stay home and therefore help elect Hillary. But I think that's less likely this time around.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #81 on: November 10, 2015, 09:17:58 AM »

1. Conflating Cain and Carson is awfully :opcat:, libtardracist dave

2. Ive never heard the "Gop" is gonna split, which narrative is a little overplayed, particularly by libtards, in the context of Trump/Carson. Interesting
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline chuckjames

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 10, 2015, 09:48:58 AM »
@FSD did I answer your question on supply side economics well enough for your tastes? Or is everyone that disagrees with you just a libtard that isn't smart enough to understand such complicated things as economic theory.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 10, 2015, 10:01:04 AM »
@FSD did I answer your question on supply side economics well enough for your tastes? Or is everyone that disagrees with you just a libtard that isn't smart enough to understand such complicated things as economic theory.

Thanks for the question, chuckjames. I didn't ask you a question.

I simply observed how absurd your post was. Your supply side synopsis doesn't make you original  post any less absurd.

Offline chuckjames

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 10, 2015, 10:17:41 AM »

Thanks for the question, chuckjames. I didn't ask you a question.

I simply observed how absurd your post was. Your supply side synopsis doesn't make you original  post any less absurd.

Ahh so by insinuating I didn't know what supply side economics was you were really saying that my post was absurd.

Was my post more less or absurd than promising huge economic growth after a tax break? We will let the economy of Kansas tell us.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 10, 2015, 10:42:10 AM »
Chuck, if you genuinely believe raising taxes fosters more economic growth than cutting taxes, I doubt you'll ever understand what's absurd about your post.

Offline Yard Dog

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • I am DC Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 10, 2015, 11:29:15 AM »
The best candidates and those that would actually be good at the job in the GOP are the same and are as follows:

1. Kasich
2. Rubio
3. Bush

Cruz is a demagogue who sounds like he is running for student body president or something.

I used sociopath but demagogue is a much better description

Other demagogues include, Hillary Clinton, Donald Trump, and Jeb Bush.

I think you need to bookmark www.merriam-webster.com

Demagogue: a political leader who tries to get support by making false claims and promises and using arguments based on emotion rather than reason

I stand by my assertion that Clinton, Trump, and Bush, try to get support by making false claims and promises and using arguments based on emotion rather than reason. If in this instance you are willing to assume that the arguments rile the constituents emotions so that they abandon reason.

Offline chuckjames

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 10, 2015, 11:57:15 AM »
Chuck, if you genuinely believe raising taxes fosters more economic growth than cutting taxes, I doubt you'll ever understand what's absurd about your post.

I do not believe this, I believe that many times conservatives (supplysiders) over estimate the economic growth a tax cut will create. Kansas is a very good example of this.

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 10, 2015, 04:18:37 PM »

I do not believe this, I believe that many times conservatives (supplysiders) over estimate the economic growth a tax cut will create. Kansas is a very good example of this.

I think the mistake was underestimating the lack of desire for a company to relocate to Kansas regardless of tax incentives. Good plan, wrong location.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 10, 2015, 04:33:15 PM »

Offline chuckjames

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: November 10, 2015, 05:21:09 PM »
I disagree with @therickwilson a lot, but I enjoy readin his tweets and his sense of humor.

Offline Yard Dog

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • I am DC Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: November 10, 2015, 08:42:20 PM »
Marco is killing it tonight. :love:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 10, 2015, 08:44:43 PM »
Killing it where?
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: November 10, 2015, 08:51:04 PM »
this one has been better than i thought it would be, so far

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: November 10, 2015, 08:55:32 PM »
I love it when the moderators ask serious questions. This has been good.

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: November 10, 2015, 08:56:30 PM »

agreed

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 10, 2015, 08:56:53 PM »

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: November 10, 2015, 08:59:40 PM »
Only a sociopath would cut HUD
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: November 10, 2015, 09:04:27 PM »
Damn it. Rubio just went full lib with this "pro-family" tax proposal, and Rand Paul now kicking his ass. Ugg. First stumble ive seen.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: November 10, 2015, 09:06:48 PM »
Ok. Well Rubio hit back pretty well on Paul's isolationism, but his tax credit is still stupid.