Author Topic: Marco Rubio Master Thread  (Read 58908 times)

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Marco Rubio Master Thread
« on: October 29, 2015, 03:59:21 PM »
It's becoming increasingly clear that Marco Rubio is the strongest candidate in the GOP field, and could easily win the presidency if GOP voters have the good sense to nominate him and turn out to vote for him in the general.

I figured it's time for a master thread to post positive and negative things about Marco Rubio.

I'll start with a positive. Marco Rubio clearly and concisely explains how Hillary lied about the cause the Benghazi attack, much to (MSM Clinton Super-PAC member) Charlie Rose's astonishment and dismay.

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/426309/marco-rubio-charlie-rose-hillary-benghazi-lies-video

The video is priceless. Just look at the way Charlie smugly lectures him "you called Hillary Clinton a liar, Senator." Well, yeah, and here's why...

MARCO RUBIO: I've never personally attacked anybody in this race and I'm not going to start now. If other people decide they want to change who they are--

CHARLIE ROSE: Well, well, you called Hillary Clinton a liar, senator. You called Hillary Clinton a liar.

RUBIO: Well, no. I said Hillary Clinton lied about Benghazi. There is no doubt about that, Charlie. I mean, there are e-mails in which she was talking to her family and she was telling them that there was an attack on that consulate that was due to a terrorist attack by Al Qaeda elements and then she was going around the country talking to the families of the victims, and to the American people and saying, no, no. This is because of some video that someone produced.

ROSE: Senator, you know -- you know that --

RUBIO: She absolutely lied about it.

ROSE: The CIA was changing its own assessment of what happened there during that time zone.

RUBIO: That's not -- that's not accurate. It was clear from the very early moments after that attack that it was not a spontaneous uprising. It was a planned attack. Well orchestrated by people that brought armaments to that attack that you would never see as part of a spontaneous up rising. What was very clear is that from the very early moments of that attack, she knew that it was a terrorist attack as she shared by e-mail with various people. And yet she continued to perpetuate the lie.

ROSE: If you're calling her a liar by saying she perpetuated a lie, then why do you think she did that? What was her motive?  :dunno: :lol:

RUBIO: Well, that’s very clear why. Because they were in the middle of a 2012 re-election in which President Obama had made the claim that Al Qaeda was being defeated and --

ROSE: So, you’re saying that Hillary Clinton lied -- you were saying, senator, that Hillary Clinton lied because she wanted to help Barack Obama in his re-election campaign? That's a serious charge. [It's the truth, dumbshit - you know, that thing journalism is supposed to be about.]

RUBIO: Yes. Is that -- well, it's the truth. I mean, that is not only why she did it, that’s why everyone in the administration did it. The narrative of their campaign at the time, Charlie, was that Al Qaeda was on the run and had been defeated. That was their narrative and this countered that narrative. They didn't want that out there and that’s why they didn't tell the truth of what truly happened and the families of those victims deserve better.

ROSE: But are you denying that the CIA was sending different information as they assessed it and providing different information to the leaders of our government? And that was part of the reason that they made different assessments.

RUBIO: Let me tell you Charlie, without violating any --

ROSE: Because David Petraeus and others have said that.

RUBIO: I don't want to violate anything that’s confidential and that’s classified but I'll tell you this. It was clear from the earliest moments after that attack that everyone on the ground and everyone closest to that attack knew, almost instantly, that this was an organized effort, not part of a spontaneous uprising and there was never, ever any evidence that it had anything to do with a video that was produced by some guy out in California. And for them to further that narrative and continue to do so well after it had become clear that that wasn't the case, it was unacceptable. The American people deserve better. And the families of those victims in Benghazi deserve better.

Charlie Rose is either a hopeless shill or ignorant. E-mails have been released which prove that the White House crafted the narrative to point to an internet video for political reasons. The goal was "To ?underscore that these protests are rooted in an Internet video, and not a broader failure or policy.” Hillary participated in this lie, knowing full well from pretty much the first moment of the attack that it was terrorism - not a spontaneous uprising in response to a stupid video. https://sharylattkisson.com/white-house-directed-incorrect-benghazi-narrative-newly-released-emails-video-to-blame-not-a-broader-failure-or-policy/

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)
« Last Edit: October 29, 2015, 04:12:47 PM by K-S-U-Wildcats! »
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
Re: Marco Rubio Master Thread
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2015, 04:24:18 PM »
Good grief
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2015, 04:52:51 PM »
How can he catch the two huge front runners? I hope Jeb does but would def take Rubio over the leaders.

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2015, 05:03:29 PM »
Rubio is certainly the best human of the gop, but ksuw 's charlie rose and #bengazi obsession is  :lol:

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2015, 05:04:45 PM »

Rubio is certainly the best human of the gop, but ksuw 's charlie rose and #bengazi obsession is  :lol:

I DNR any of that. I'm responding to the thread title.

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2015, 05:07:48 PM »
It's too early for him, bad luck on election cycles. Great pick at vp tho

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2015, 05:27:06 PM »
How can he catch the two huge front runners? I hope Jeb does but would def take Rubio over the leaders.

I just keep hoping the Trump/Carson supporters won't take the time to go to the caucuses, but their leads seem pretty big. :frown:

Online jmlynch1

• Katpak'r
  • stay together for the kids
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2015, 05:49:40 PM »
"It's obvious Rubio would easily win the presidency if he could get nominated by his own party in which he is greatly trailing two others."

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2015, 05:53:43 PM »
lol

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2015, 05:59:27 PM »
Would take Rubio over Carson and trump,  if for no other reason than his last name sounds like something you collect while running from the pack of wild beasts in Tomb Raider III.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2015, 06:09:19 PM »

That's pretty simple. First, the "front runners" aren't strong at all. Trump is a mirage. He has invested in no campaign infrastructure to speak of. Carson could well win Iowa, but his debate performances are lackluster, his campaign is undisciplined, and he too will fade.

Second, as the "establishment" candidates (and I use that term broadly to encompass everyone with political experience) drop, Rubio is nearly everyone else's second favorite. Just as Rubio got a bounce from Walker's exit, he'll get a similar bounce when Bush drops.

It's going to come down to Rubio, Cruz, and Carson or Fiorina.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2015, 06:18:12 PM »

We have serious problems in this country which have to be addressed by our elected leaders. As corrupt and stupid as many of our politicians are, too many in the media are likewise stupid/corrupt and have entirely too much influence in the political process.

So yeah, I take media corruption and bias pretty seriously. When Charlie Rose argues that Hillary didn't lie, and asks what she could possibly gain from that lie, he's being either stupid (bad) or corrupt (worse).

And it is refreshing to have a candidate who can so succinctly and forcefully expose these shills.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2015, 06:22:13 PM »
Also seven, I've been watching for that shifty eye thing, and I'm not seeing it.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2015, 06:25:53 PM »
Do you think Rubio's stance on climate change is pandering to his base or he really believes it? If he believes it, what do you think he's basing his view on?

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2015, 06:30:24 PM »
I can't remember how blood thirtsy he is.... I suspect it is too much for my liking
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2015, 07:11:08 PM »
Do you think Rubio's stance on climate change is pandering to his base or he really believes it? If he believes it, what do you think he's basing his view on?

I think he really believes it. And I'm speculating, but he probably bases his views on many of the things mentioned in the Models thread. Like recorded non-adjusted temps over the past nearly 20 years despite increasing CO2 emissions. Or that man is contributing a tiny amount to what is already a trace gas in the atmosphere. Or that temps have been historically much higher than at any point in the last hundred years, long before the industrial revolution. You know, basic common sense stuff like that. But keep looking for all that warming hiding deep in the oceans...

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2015, 07:19:45 PM »
He's by far the most on point GOP candidate in terms of the issues.

LOL at Charlie Rose and the ProgLib's who don't want to hear about Benghazi anymore.   The Dem front runner is a pathological liar on every conceivable level, has been caught in lie after lie,  was the spearhead of the unilateral overthrow of a standing government, failed to act when a U.S. Ambassador was under attack, has repeatedly lied about that situation, and has been caught running an improper IT platform outside of proper Federal Gov't IT oversight exposing sensitive U.S. national security documents to every government and their hackers in the world . . . and of course has repeatedly tried to deny any wrong doing.

Not to mention the family foundation that was conducting pay for play business with foreign governments and IMO was/is likely a U.S. intelligence front organization.

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2015, 07:31:30 PM »
Dax just can't help himself...  So obsessed with MG that he even has lengthy rants about her in the rubio thread.

Sad really

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2015, 07:37:31 PM »
Dax just can't help himself...  So obsessed with MG that he even has lengthy rants about her in the rubio thread.

Sad really

The original story had Rubio engaged with an extreme Clinton apologist . . . Charlie was doing his usual "utter disbelief" act in the face of overwhelming evidence.   

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Marco Rubio Master Thread
« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2015, 07:39:25 PM »
I have no idea what and who some of those things and people are but Rubio is better than a lot of the GOP candidates so I hope he does better than he's doing soon.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2015, 07:46:00 PM »
I saw that Rose/Rubio conversation this morning! So random!

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2015, 08:38:16 PM »

What was your take?

Offline renocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2015, 08:41:15 PM »
Rubio is my favorite now.  He is  the candidate the Clintonestas fear the most.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 29, 2015, 08:48:35 PM »

What was your take?
I enjoyed non-softball questioning and a somewhat heated exchange

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 29, 2015, 09:00:09 PM »
If I could just take any candidate and make them president, I would choose Cruz. He is the smartest and most principled conservative on the stage.

But Rubio is at least a reasonably strong conservative and far more electable, so he's the clear top choice for me.

I just hope Rubio v Cruz doesn't get too ugly/damaging. They'll both be in the final four.