Author Topic: Bills post game comments  (Read 5365 times)

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Bills post game comments
« Reply #25 on: October 11, 2015, 06:56:21 PM »
Never give Bill "Reporter Destroyer" Snyder an opening.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 11, 2015, 08:23:24 PM »
As someone who doesn't pay attention to or care about other local media, isn't that a fairly standard attitude for sports "journalists"? Are there markets that go hard after college coaches? I genuinely do not know

Fairly standard? No. It's more common in college towns with coaches viewed as deities. For example, in Tuscaloosa local media are easy on Saban, Anthony Grant didn't get that luxury. If/when the basketball season turns into a disaster, Weber will be questioned much more sternly than Snyder. The ironic part is in cases like this there is much more pressure from other spineless media members to fall in line than the repercussions of asking tough questions.

I'd be willing to bet that in this case, the young reporter was Andrew Hammond, and Fitz stopping him had much more to do with Fitz than Andrew potentially getting a little sass from a septuagenarian.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 12, 2015, 10:46:37 AM »
Andrew Hammond still doesn't know how we lost that game

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 12, 2015, 10:55:31 AM »

Good thing Fitz stopped him from asking, or he would have been destroyed by Lincoln-Douglas debate champ LHC Bill Snyder.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 12, 2015, 11:09:50 AM »
:lol:

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 12, 2015, 11:14:38 AM »
pffft

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 12, 2015, 12:53:54 PM »

Good thing Fitz stopped him from asking, or he would have been destroyed by Lincoln-Douglas debate champ LHC LHC Bill Snyder.
:lol:

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 12, 2015, 01:11:16 PM »

Good thing Fitz stopped him from asking, or he would have been destroyed by Lincoln-Douglas debate champ LHC Bill Snyder.
drop  the rough ridin' mic. Its over

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 12, 2015, 01:20:44 PM »

Drop the mic or have it taken from you.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 12, 2015, 01:23:15 PM »
Maybe Snyder would have destroyed him on twitter.

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 12, 2015, 01:23:31 PM »

Drop the mic or have it taken from you.
its @ towniecat

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 12, 2015, 02:40:47 PM »

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 12, 2015, 02:43:05 PM »
So asking about the apparent change to a pass first offensive mindset to start the second half would have sent Snyder over the edge?

Wow, KSU/MHK is an even more cloistered, coddled world then I ever thought.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 12, 2015, 03:17:18 PM »
So asking about the apparent change to a pass first offensive mindset to start the second half would have sent Snyder over the edge?

Wow, KSU/MHK is an even more cloistered, coddled world then I ever thought.

PSUw?

Offline Big Sam

• King of the Tucks
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 12, 2015, 03:25:40 PM »
As someone who doesn't pay attention to or care about other local media, isn't that a fairly standard attitude for sports "journalists"? Are there markets that go hard after college coaches? I genuinely do not know

When Snyder first came to KSU, he was considered easy prey by the regional media.  I crazy guy taking over an awful program that could never be better.  They blasted him for about anything they could think of (secrecy, believing KSU could win, recruiting out of state, not giving interviews and good quotes, whatever the issue of the day/week/month was).  The press noted the real coaching talent was Glenn Mason at KU.  Even when KSU became successful, often the national media line of smoke and mirrors, KSU doesn't play anyone, and Snyder is crazy were still run even when those in the region should have known some of it was pure B.S. - easy stories are easy stories.

Snyder's long term record, longevity in the sport  (and I honestly think the Ron Prince fiasco) has elevated Snyder's standing and the press is far more deferential to him during Snyder 2.0.  I was shocked how positive local and national press was in his regard when he came back (they questioned if he could get it done, but they were still generally positive in their reporting).

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 12, 2015, 07:41:05 PM »
Bill is much less prickly than he used to be with the media.

He wouldn't have answered the question anyway, everyone knows that.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 12, 2015, 07:41:58 PM »
I guess the whole, "you have to ask the question"  tho

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #42 on: October 12, 2015, 09:49:55 PM »
I liked how we called a timeout before the field goal
I assumed that we called the TO because Snyder changed his mind about going for it. This was obviously an incorrect assumption.

I did as well. I am stunned that no one either said or could convince Snyder that the best outcome there was giving TCU the ball back with 90 seconds left in a tied game. They have one of the best QBs in the country, the best receiver, and possibly the best kicker with all three TO's, what could have possibly gone wrong?

Agree, EXCEPT they only had 2 TO's #sickburn
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 13, 2015, 09:33:08 AM »

When Snyder first came to KSU, he was considered easy prey by the regional media.  I crazy guy taking over an awful program that could never be better.  They blasted him for about anything they could think of (secrecy, believing KSU could win, recruiting out of state, not giving interviews and good quotes, whatever the issue of the day/week/month was).  The press noted the real coaching talent was Glenn Mason at KU.  Even when KSU became successful, often the national media line of smoke and mirrors, KSU doesn't play anyone, and Snyder is crazy were still run even when those in the region should have known some of it was pure B.S. - easy stories are easy stories.

Snyder's long term record, longevity in the sport  (and I honestly think the Ron Prince fiasco) has elevated Snyder's standing and the press is far more deferential to him during Snyder 2.0.  I was shocked how positive local and national press was in his regard when he came back (they questioned if he could get it done, but they were still generally positive in their reporting).
I think Bill did a ton of stuff for local media people during his sabbatical that really softened their stance against him.  Also, everyone started withholding injury info and closing practices.  Finally, Mangino's success at KU showed that scheduling an easy non con is absolutely the right way to build a program in the state of Kansas so there wasn't much left.