Author Topic: Innovation and Inspiration #KStateInspires  (Read 2866 times)

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
Innovation and Inspiration #KStateInspires
« on: October 09, 2015, 06:42:47 AM »
So got an email from the animal about this. Has this been discussed?

$1B goal in donations.  Feasible? Do I finally get to be proud of endowment?

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Innovation and Inspiration #KStateInspires
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2015, 06:54:42 AM »
That is one thousand dollars from one million people.  Also could be one million dollars from one thousand people.  Ten thousand people giving one hundred thousand.  Seems doable.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2015, 08:18:19 AM »
That is one thousand dollars from one million people.  Also could be one million dollars from one thousand people.  Ten thousand people giving one hundred thousand.  Seems doable.
Looks like your math is sound. Will it happen?

I'm going to review what they are going to do with it. Hopefully we use it as a piggy bank for sports stuff
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2015, 08:34:56 AM »
Looks like your math is sound. Will it happen?

I'm going to review what they are going to do with it. Hopefully we use it as a piggy bank for sports stuff

Gonna need mocat to weigh in on this.

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2015, 10:33:27 AM »
The I&I campaign timeline started like 5 years ago. K-State has already raised over $700M of the $1B that they're going after. They just need to raise the rest by June 2018. :two_cents:

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2015, 10:38:29 AM »
$700 million is a good start imo. it's 70% of the way to the goal. so only 30% left. So most of it is raised. over two thirds. less than four fifths though. less than that but still.

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2015, 10:57:52 AM »
The I&I campaign timeline started like 5 years ago. K-State has already raised over $700M of the $1B that they're going after. They just need to raise the rest by June 2018. :two_cents:
Cool. So like what amount goes directly to endowment vs being spent in immediate needs?

Mean message boarders really dis on our endowment ( :curse: ) so I would like to beef it up.

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2015, 11:13:26 AM »
Cool. So like what amount goes directly to endowment vs being spent in immediate needs?

Mean message boarders really dis on our endowment ( :curse: ) so I would like to beef it up.
Donations goes wherever the donor designates the money to go. Just a guess, but there is probably quite a bit of that $1B going towards endowed scholarships or faculty positions.

Facilities upgrades are receiving the largest portion of that money tho.

The Big Train

Innovation and Inspiration #KStateInspires
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2015, 11:24:56 AM »
Link?

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2015, 11:36:55 AM »

Donations goes wherever the donor designates the money to go. Just a guess, but there is probably quite a bit of that $1B going towards endowed scholarships or faculty positions.

This is bad news for internet defenders of K-State's honor. :(

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2015, 11:38:23 AM »

Would you rather have a larger endowment or all of the sexy new buildings we are putting up on campus?

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2015, 12:15:55 PM »

Would you rather have a larger endowment or all of the sexy new buildings we are putting up on campus?
both

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2015, 01:41:55 PM »

both
Well what if I told you the university's endowment has doubled since Schulz arrived?

Offline wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2015, 01:46:12 PM »
I think the sweet spot is 10000 people giving 100000

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2015, 02:08:19 PM »

both
Well what if I told you the university's endowment has doubled since Schulz arrived?

Depends if that's because of upswing in market or because of donations.

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2015, 06:33:20 PM »

I think the sweet spot is 10000 people giving 100000
what do you get (other than catisfaction) for donating $100,000?

Only asking out of curiosity. I ain't doing it.

Gonna win 'em all!

Offline wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2015, 06:37:21 PM »
A tax writeoff and the satisfaction of giving back to an institution that gave you everything.

Offline eastcat

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
  • Labeled by children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2015, 07:24:36 PM »

both

Depends if that's because of upswing in market or because of donations.
It's the market.

Most of the donations (70%+) have gone to direct spending. Unfortunately the donor gets to choose where it goes and throwing it into a syndicated bond fund isn't attractive for most k state cattle ranching grads.

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2015, 09:29:34 PM »
Also keep in mind that a large portion of the interest return has been spent the past 5 years. That's kind of the purpose of an endowment...

Offline slackcat

• Katpak'r
  • worst ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2015, 06:49:26 AM »
Large endowment means jack crap unless there is something(coaching salaries) to show for it. 

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2015, 06:58:20 AM »
Wait we're about to have a billion dollar endowment  too?  We're supposed to be poor and stuff.
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2015, 06:59:14 AM »
Wait we're about to have a billion dollar endowment  too?  We're supposed to be poor and stuff.
doesn't sound like we will

The Big Train

« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2015, 07:20:07 AM »
we are rich as eff you guys

Offline CyberToothCat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 11, 2015, 04:38:08 PM »
Something that has always bugged me about these huge fundraising campaigns... Every year K-Staters donate money to the school. I have no idea what that amount is, but let's say it is $100 million per year for a nice, round number. Shouldn't these campaigns be trying to raise money in addition to the money we normally raise? I mean, if we raise $125 million this year and we were going to raise $100 million this year whether this campaign was happening or not, shouldn't the campaign get credit for raising $25 million? It seems disingenuous to say we raised $766 million!, when the truth is we would have raised $600 million anyway. Why not say we raised $166 million?