Author Topic: Outstanding work by Snyder and the Athletic Department  (Read 13059 times)

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Outstanding work by Snyder and the Athletic Department
« Reply #25 on: October 04, 2015, 07:07:58 PM »
I love my cats! Go state! :emawkid:

The Big Train

« Reply #26 on: October 04, 2015, 07:11:22 PM »
 :emawkid: :emawkid: :emawkid:

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 04, 2015, 07:47:08 PM »
I'd like to think there's room as a fan to be disappointed we lost, recognize there needs to be improvement, without the outrage

Offline Ich.Gewinne

• Combo-Fan
  • Mumble Rap Is Great!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 04, 2015, 07:51:23 PM »
Bend-don't-break-but-bend-just-enough-into-the-endzone defense does it again!

Back for more bad takes.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 04, 2015, 08:20:22 PM »
Outrage?

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 04, 2015, 08:25:22 PM »
Dax I dont think you even broke a sweat, I think he is talkng about someone else.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 05, 2015, 08:12:07 AM »
dax, with all the injuries we have, a two-point loss on the road vs a ranked team that required a last minute field goal is what gets you riled up? there is some truth to what you're saying... i make fun of "family" and am sick of it by now, and i absolutely get tired of hearing about walk ons. but the whole premise of your rant is based on the idea that k-state fans, mainly the tucks, would rather have today's program than the DOD program. and i simply don't think that's true. even the biggest full blown tucks would take the 90's over today's program.

complain about bad recruiting all you want, that's warranted. i'm amazed at our inability to recruit/develop the skill positions these past few years. but to act like it's unfathomable that the fan base gets excited about its team, when we have the most wins since the start of the new big 12, makes you look like you're trying too hard to be edgy.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 05, 2015, 10:17:10 AM »
There is absolutely a "win the right way" segment of our fan base, that segment exists within every fan base. I do think for a fair amount of people, I'm willing to bet more than 10%, find this way more palatable and feel more righteous than other college football fans. There are people on this board that feel this way. Look at how people react to Baylor, I'm sure not everyone will admit it in the way that dax put it, but we have fans that would much rather have our image and win 8 games a year than to be Baylor.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 05, 2015, 10:22:12 AM »
dax, with all the injuries we have, a two-point loss on the road vs a ranked team that required a last minute field goal is what gets you riled up? there is some truth to what you're saying... i make fun of "family" and am sick of it by now, and i absolutely get tired of hearing about walk ons. but the whole premise of your rant is based on the idea that k-state fans, mainly the tucks, would rather have today's program than the DOD program. and i simply don't think that's true. even the biggest full blown tucks would take the 90's over today's program.

complain about bad recruiting all you want, that's warranted. i'm amazed at our inability to recruit/develop the skill positions these past few years. but to act like it's unfathomable that the fan base gets excited about its team, when we have the most wins since the start of the new big 12, makes you look like you're trying too hard to be edgy.
That, coupled with the fact that, for some people, it's more fun not to spend time being critical of our program.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Winters

• The King of Real Zeal
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 05, 2015, 10:52:39 AM »
I enjoyed this post but my favorite part was
. . . well lets all celebrate with a cow nut fry and a couple of Miller Lite's.
just so visual.  :love:

Best #heel and/or #babyface on this blogsite

If it were up to me, Wintz would be on a fan scholarship, full ride.

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 05, 2015, 11:18:31 AM »
40 of KSU's 115 players on the roster are walk-ons, or over 33%.

That is insane.  And a complete failure from a recruiting standpoint. 
Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #36 on: October 05, 2015, 11:21:25 AM »
NCAA scholarship limits  :curse:
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline Steffy08

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 05, 2015, 11:25:14 AM »
There is absolutely a "win the right way" segment of our fan base, that segment exists within every fan base. I do think for a fair amount of people, I'm willing to bet more than 10%, find this way more palatable and feel more righteous than other college football fans. There are people on this board that feel this way. Look at how people react to Baylor, I'm sure not everyone will admit it in the way that dax put it, but we have fans that would much rather have our image and win 8 games a year than to be Baylor.

I absolutely would rather have our program than Baylor's; it isn't even close.

It isn't just about "doing things the right way."  I am very proud of that aspect of Snyder's coaching; it gives me a connection to our program that I wouldn't otherwise have, and makes me want to support the team even when we might "struggle" to a 8-4 type of year (appears to be where we are headed).  (Yes, though, I will agree the "family" thing is corny and I don't like it.)

But, there is another aspect to it.  Doing things the right way--not taking short cuts--is what builds a program over time.  I have said this before, and I will say it again:  Baylor is going to crash and burn.  It is coming.  If they don't make the playoffs this year, I doubt they ever will.  Because scandal, violations, ass-covering, scape-goating...that is all coming.  And then Baylor will be back to the huge pile they were before.....except with a nicer stadium.

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 05, 2015, 11:26:28 AM »
Oh for God sakes, Steffy.

Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 05, 2015, 11:26:41 AM »
hell, DoD 1.0 was less likable than Brile's Baylor program.  Briles at least has his folksy BS that makes you think he gives a crap vs 90s Snyder wearing his indifference on his sleeve.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 05, 2015, 11:27:12 AM »
If Snyder's still here in 2020, we'll have over 200 kids suited up for home games, pregame zig zag warm up thing will take so long they'll have to play Right Now at least 3 times.

Offline CrushNasty

• Katpak'r
  • Future Shooter Jones W.C.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 05, 2015, 11:31:59 AM »
totally agree, Dax... Outstanding work by Snyder and the Athletic Department, indeed.

Offline Steffy08

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 05, 2015, 11:37:57 AM »
If Snyder's still here in 2020, we'll have over 200 kids suited up for home games, pregame zig zag warm up thing will take so long they'll have to play Right Now at least 3 times.

So many diamonds in the rough

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #43 on: October 05, 2015, 11:50:24 AM »
40 of KSU's 115 players on the roster are walk-ons, or over 33%.

That is insane.  And a complete failure from a recruiting standpoint.

I agree with this to a point, but I think it makes a difference as to what you prioritize in your system.

Do you value consistency of execution, experience, athleticism, etc.?  It's pretty clear that we value consistency and experience.  That has it's advantages; we're pretty much a bowl team every year, regardless of the talent on the roster.  Of course, the downside is that our ceiling, more often than not, is going to be limited to 8-9 wins.  10 if the ball bounces right.

I mean would Duke Shelly be better than Morgan Burns?  No idea.  But we're not going to start him over a senior that's logged so much playing time already.  I mean it was clear that we needed to play Silmon more, and it took way to long to make that change.

I think we're recruiting alright, but that's just my opinion.  I think the problem is that we're not playing the talent that we've recruited.  We are playing a lot more underclassmen, which is a step in the right direction, but these coaches seem to be way more inclined to go with guys they're comfortable with as opposed to the better athletes that are on the roster. 

Maybe that's because we make things too difficult, or maybe it's because we base everything on practice effort/execution.  No idea.  But if Snyder is so sold on these 16 goals, just knowing how into organizational change management he is, it wouldn't surprise me at all if puts a ton of emphasis on that, and that's why we see so many walk-ons.  If they exhibit the 16 goals, they'll play.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2015, 11:54:40 AM by Panjandrum »

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 05, 2015, 11:55:54 AM »
Why on earth do people think our ceiling in Snyder 2.0 is 10 wins? I mean that's just rough ridin' stupid.

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #45 on: October 05, 2015, 11:58:52 AM »
Why on earth do people think our ceiling in Snyder 2.0 is 10 wins? I mean that's just rough ridin' stupid.

Well, the system that this staff has put together has pretty much handicapped them to that level. 

If they are willing to change their system, which it appears that they aren't, they probably won't eclipse ten wins unless there's a Heisman level talent on the field.

Should we expect more?  Yes.  But this is what it's going to be if they refuse to play the talent they have and choose to march out guys like Kleinsorge at right tackle.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 05, 2015, 12:00:16 PM »

Well, the system that this staff has put together has pretty much handicapped them to that level. 

If they are willing to change their system, which it appears that they aren't, they probably won't eclipse ten wins unless there's a Heisman level talent on the field.

Should we expect more?  Yes.  But this is what it's going to be if they refuse to play the talent they have and choose to march out guys like Kleinsorge at right tackle.

WE'VE DONE BETTER THAN THAT TWICE AND SHOULD HAVE GOTTEN THERE LAST YEAR

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 05, 2015, 12:03:28 PM »

WE'VE DONE BETTER THAN THAT TWICE AND SHOULD HAVE GOTTEN THERE LAST YEAR

RAISE THE ROOF

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 05, 2015, 12:06:34 PM »
we only did better than that once. but I still don't know how can you say the ceiling is 10 wins when we've matched or exceed it with a VERY similar recruiting/development philosophy. Maybe people don't know what a ceiling is?

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 05, 2015, 12:11:23 PM »
You can raise the ceiling witbout raising the roof