Author Topic: Disney World  (Read 71086 times)

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
Re: Disney World
« Reply #850 on: January 13, 2021, 10:09:36 AM »
I’ll go to Disney without my kids today if this pandemic and these kids would GTFOOMF

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: January 13, 2021, 10:40:03 AM »
fun fact I actually interviewed an engineer who worked on Disneyworld rides. I watched a youtube video of the ride he worked on when it opened and it was a ride that looked like it was designed for 5 year olds and it was all adults in line and on the ride.

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #852 on: January 13, 2021, 11:07:02 AM »
Mods, please ban Disney as adults haters from this thread. Thank you in advance.

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: January 13, 2021, 01:14:28 PM »
Mods, please ban Disney as adults haters from this thread. Thank you in advance.

You do you IPA, I just haven't considered that being a thing, but no judgement here. Tell Mickey my family doesn't care about him at all aside from his sweet streaming service. Thanks

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: January 14, 2021, 01:33:04 PM »
A half hour wait on a Tuesday in October during a pandemic seems insanely long. I do not think I will ever go to Disneyworld based on this.

Same. It just isn't fun for me or the family. We did Disneyland a few years back and i'm not sure anyone really even enjoyed it. Waiting in line for over an hour for a 3 minute ride isn't a good time to me. We made the stupid mistake of going to Universal last year while in Florida. We made it about half day before we all looked at each other and said, "lets go to the pool".

SD, this is my disney fear, tell me how you avoid this. I really want to take my family to disney, but this is a complete nonstarter, and why I haven't taken them yet.

We went to Legoland in San Diego last February and we didn't wait for an hour for any ride. We did the small rides during peak times, and the big rides the two hours before closing time.

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #855 on: January 14, 2021, 01:35:56 PM »
You don't unless you have deeeeep pockets or you get lucky with light crowd on a rainy/cool day.

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #856 on: January 14, 2021, 01:43:22 PM »
A half hour wait on a Tuesday in October during a pandemic seems insanely long. I do not think I will ever go to Disneyworld based on this.

Same. It just isn't fun for me or the family. We did Disneyland a few years back and i'm not sure anyone really even enjoyed it. Waiting in line for over an hour for a 3 minute ride isn't a good time to me. We made the stupid mistake of going to Universal last year while in Florida. We made it about half day before we all looked at each other and said, "lets go to the pool".

SD, this is my disney fear, tell me how you avoid this. I really want to take my family to disney, but this is a complete nonstarter, and why I haven't taken them yet.

We went to Legoland in San Diego last February and we didn't wait for an hour for any ride. We did the small rides during peak times, and the big rides the two hours before closing time.

JMO, but if you hate lines, only do it knowing you aren't going to enjoy a lot of it. We did it for the kids and some memories and had some great ones. We went during "off peak" time and it was still crowded as hell and the wait times for any decent ride was well above an hour. I saw people waiting in line for Guardians of the Galaxy one night well past the 2 hour marker and the park was going to close in like an  hour. It was bananas at times. That being said, if you get there early, map out a couple of rides you want to hit, get a fast pass thingy, you can limit the lines a bit for a while. Again, it all comes back to your tolerance. I don't enjoy many things enough that I would be willing to wait in line for a really long time. 3 minute rides are not on that list, but that is just me. We would much rather hit the beach.

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #857 on: January 14, 2021, 02:19:58 PM »

we don't really stand in lines. probably 30 minutes is the longest we will be in a line all trip. keys are:

1) go during slow times. October, May, first week of December are when we usually go.
2) stay on property. we stay at the Beach Club usually. 5 minute walk to epcot gate. 20 minutes to Studios. You can enter the parks earlier than the other guests and get a couple rides in on a biggest line having rides before it gets busy.
3) Go early in the day. Early entry for staying on property is key here but be there before it is supposed to open even for that and you will get to ride a bunch of the biggest rides before it gets to the point of even having a line. We do that and then ride less busy rides until about lunch. Then we head back to the resort and swim and chill before heading back into Epcot in the evening and do the non-ride stuff.
4) one that won't really help anyone: we go all the time so the kids don't need to ride EVERYTHING. They have their own favs we do and we'll do the headliners but we aren't doing sun up to sun down marathons of rides and lines and characters and parades. 

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #858 on: January 14, 2021, 02:27:23 PM »
Piggy back on SD....

30 minute early entry for on-property guests. 830a entry

Plan your rides. Don't go star of david back and forth.

Get your fast pass reservations as early as they allow - 30 days last I checked.

When the kids start getting cranky, shut it down for the day and enjoy the pool. You'll just be fighting with them to stay in line.

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #859 on: January 14, 2021, 03:00:50 PM »
There is no fast pass right now. But good point once/if they bring that back post Covid. Get that and book it early.

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #860 on: January 14, 2021, 06:31:45 PM »
Uh oh

https://twitter.com/blog_mickey/status/1349831392000172037?s=19

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #861 on: January 14, 2021, 06:38:10 PM »
Will Disneyworld follow? What happens in California usually spreads to the rest of usa.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #862 on: January 14, 2021, 06:46:41 PM »
Will Disneyworld follow? What happens in California usually spreads to the rest of usa.

Well Disneyland has been closed

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #863 on: January 14, 2021, 06:50:52 PM »
Looks like Steve Dave may be taking his talents to Universal Studios
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #864 on: January 14, 2021, 06:53:49 PM »
Looks like Steve Dave may be taking his talents to Universal Studios

sd is a Disney WORLD stan, not a Land Man.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #865 on: January 14, 2021, 07:17:53 PM »
Oh that’s right, Florida will never acquiesce
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #866 on: January 14, 2021, 08:57:59 PM »
yeah, disney credited back a big chunk of our annual passes. I think we'll continue to renew them if things get better as expected with vaccinations and whatnot. if you go to disney two times in 12 months the annual pass is cheaper. we've had them since my son was 2 iirc. so like 5 or 6 years now.

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #867 on: January 14, 2021, 08:59:08 PM »
actually, this thread is a good marker for this. lmao.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #868 on: January 14, 2021, 09:57:32 PM »

we don't really stand in lines. probably 30 minutes is the longest we will be in a line all trip. keys are:

1) go during slow times. October, May, first week of December are when we usually go.
2) stay on property. we stay at the Beach Club usually. 5 minute walk to epcot gate. 20 minutes to Studios. You can enter the parks earlier than the other guests and get a couple rides in on a biggest line having rides before it gets busy.
3) Go early in the day. Early entry for staying on property is key here but be there before it is supposed to open even for that and you will get to ride a bunch of the biggest rides before it gets to the point of even having a line. We do that and then ride less busy rides until about lunch. Then we head back to the resort and swim and chill before heading back into Epcot in the evening and do the non-ride stuff.
4) one that won't really help anyone: we go all the time so the kids don't need to ride EVERYTHING. They have their own favs we do and we'll do the headliners but we aren't doing sun up to sun down marathons of rides and lines and characters and parades.

Piggy back on SD....

30 minute early entry for on-property guests. 830a entry

Plan your rides. Don't go star of david back and forth.

Get your fast pass reservations as early as they allow - 30 days last I checked.

When the kids start getting cranky, shut it down for the day and enjoy the pool. You'll just be fighting with them to stay in line.

This is the goods, thanks boys!

SD how was it with a 2 year old?

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #869 on: January 14, 2021, 10:54:06 PM »
Really great. Obviously we stopped and looked and ducks and other 2 yo stuff instead of maximizing time a lot. The key, in my opinion, is taking it slow at your families pace. And that’s easy to do if you plan out the first 2-4 hours of your day. After that you will have completed the “must do’s” of that day and can just chill and take it in.

Also something I can’t talk enough about is how incredibly clean everything is. And child safe/friendly.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #870 on: January 14, 2021, 10:57:32 PM »
Really great. Obviously we stopped and looked and ducks and other 2 yo stuff instead of maximizing time a lot. The key, in my opinion, is taking it slow at your families pace. And that’s easy to do if you plan out the first 2-4 hours of your day. After that you will have completed the “must do’s” of that day and can just chill and take it in.

Also something I can’t talk enough about is how incredibly clean everything is. And child safe/friendly.

:thumbsup:

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #871 on: April 26, 2021, 02:33:43 PM »
I will be going to Disney World in two weeks. prepare your questions for my consideration. ty.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #872 on: April 27, 2021, 05:46:55 PM »
I will want a full report on whether there are noticeable vibe differences without as many foreigners there. 

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #873 on: August 18, 2021, 03:55:52 PM »
Eh. I don't like this.

https://twitter.com/DisneyParks/status/1428092012708855811?s=19

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator