Author Topic: Is Planned Hamburger more important than the entire good of America?  (Read 129696 times)

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
Re: Is Planned Hamburger more important than the entire good of America?
« Reply #1125 on: February 26, 2016, 02:16:15 PM »
I mean I could just as easily say you haven't really thought about it because you don't reach the same conclusion as me. It's strange that you don't even acknowledge how stupid you've been in this thread

You could just as easily say whatever you want - that wouldn't make it right. Again, go back and re-read the thread.

Exactly, go back and re-read the thread
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #1126 on: February 26, 2016, 02:19:10 PM »
John Oliver pretty much addresses all those points so maybe just watch the video...

Sorry but you do not go to a comedian for serious analysis. What's next, Gallagher on US-Russia relations?

Go here...at least he's a physician:

http://www.abortionprocedures.com/

We can't learn anything from you satirists!!! Shakespeare, Chaucer, Twain all crap I say! Who needs to look at their underlying evidence, analysis, and logic.  Only consider the source.

Roasted. *wiggly finger high fivey thing*
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

The Big Train

« Reply #1127 on: February 26, 2016, 05:52:48 PM »

The Oliver piece was interesting, but he never pauses to ask the central question in all this: Is an unborn person a person, and do all persons have a right to live?

Tends to be how pro choicers do it. Ignore the hard question that might change your viewpoint.

Do you really think anyone that is prochoice hasn't examined that question themselves already?

Yes. This thread proves that many pro-choice people have not carefully considered and tested their position. Go back and read all the terrible arguments that have been put forth.

I provided many valid questions that a thought out opinion has to offer.  If I go back and re-read what will I find?  Me answering and asking questions without any response.  Pretty telling that you only want to believe what you believe, and nothing else.

The Big Train

« Reply #1128 on: February 26, 2016, 05:56:43 PM »

I mean I could just as easily say you haven't really thought about it because you don't reach the same conclusion as me. It's strange that you don't even acknowledge how stupid you've been in this thread

I think you could at least make the argument that people in favor of late 3rd trimester / partial birth abortions have not seriously thought about the issue.

You could also make the argument you haven't seriously thought about the issue either.  I guess suppressing a full grown persons rights over something that can't live on its own is a logical choice in your eyes tho.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1129 on: February 26, 2016, 06:20:51 PM »

I think you could at least make the argument that people in favor of late 3rd trimester / partial birth abortions have not seriously thought about the issue.

You could also make the argument you haven't seriously thought about the issue either.  I guess suppressing a full grown persons rights over something that can't live on its own is a logical choice in your eyes tho.

You could, but it would be a bad argument. I'm talking about a (whatever you chose to call it) that is fully viable and could survive outside of the womb. Or did you not know what late third trimester means?

The Big Train

« Reply #1130 on: February 26, 2016, 06:23:10 PM »

You could, but it would be a bad argument. I'm talking about a (whatever you chose to call it) that is fully viable and could survive outside of the womb. Or did you not know what late third trimester means?

Oh I didn't know babies that, once born, can fully sustain themselves without the help of others.  My point that you completely missed, not surprisingly, was that defaulting to the rights of an unborn baby over a fully functioning adult is stupid.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1131 on: February 26, 2016, 06:38:11 PM »
:curse: I'm trying to be clever but you insist on making me state the obvious. The reason I would accuse those folks of not thinking the issue through is because I am presuming they are not in favor of infanticide for the sake of parental convenience. Now if all late third trimester pro-choicers are also pushing for the right to kill a fully functioning infant for the sake of the mother, THEN you would have a point.

I don't believe that is the case, though.

The Big Train

« Reply #1132 on: February 26, 2016, 06:49:25 PM »

:curse: I'm trying to be clever but you insist on making me state the obvious. The reason I would accuse those folks of not thinking the issue through is because I am presuming they are not in favor of infanticide for the sake of parental convenience. Now if all late third trimester pro-choicers are also pushing for the right to kill a fully functioning infant for the sake of the mother, THEN you would have a point.

I don't believe that is the case, though.

You can't speak for all the pro-lifers in the same way I can't for all the pro-choicers.  A big issue I have with MOST pro-lifers is they deal in absolutes.  Most things in life aren't simple, let alone an issue like this.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1133 on: February 26, 2016, 10:17:59 PM »

The Oliver piece was interesting, but he never pauses to ask the central question in all this: Is an unborn person a person, and do all persons have a right to live?

Tends to be how pro choicers do it. Ignore the hard question that might change your viewpoint.

Do you really think anyone that is prochoice hasn't examined that question themselves already?

Yes. This thread proves that many pro-choice people have not carefully considered and tested their position. Go back and read all the terrible arguments that have been put forth.

I provided many valid questions that a thought out opinion has to offer.  If I go back and re-read what will I find?  Me answering and asking questions without any response.  Pretty telling that you only want to believe what you believe, and nothing else.

I ignored your earlier point because it had already been made and addressed, a few times. Go back and read the thread. If you have something new to say, let me know.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

The Big Train

« Reply #1134 on: February 26, 2016, 10:19:14 PM »
Gigantic tap out, well noted

Offline Ptolemy

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1135 on: February 27, 2016, 12:51:34 AM »
We can't learn anything from you satirists!!! Shakespeare, Chaucer, Twain all crap I say! Who needs to look at their underlying evidence, analysis, and logic.  Only consider the source.

Wow - did you really just rank a cable TV comedian up there with The Bard and the author of the Canterbury Tales?

Damn kids!

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1136 on: February 27, 2016, 08:16:41 AM »
Gigantic tap out, well noted

It's not a tap out. I'm bored with shooting down the same stale old arguments. Go back and read the thread. If you've got a new point, let me know.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

The Big Train

« Reply #1137 on: February 27, 2016, 08:42:47 AM »
Wow!  KSUW body just shut down and took it, I better just let nature take its course and wait 9 months.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1138 on: February 27, 2016, 05:24:43 PM »

Wow - did you really just rank a cable TV comedian up there with The Bard and the author of the Canterbury Tales?

Damn kids!

Are you really debating whether or not the Daily Show's cohort isn't the best political satire since......Twain?  I think you should read Twain's works about imperialism before moving forward.
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline Ptolemy

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1139 on: February 28, 2016, 01:24:16 PM »

Are you really debating whether or not the Daily Show's cohort isn't the best political satire since......Twain?  I think you should read Twain's works about imperialism before moving forward.

I truly fear for the future of America!

Young people...Comedy Central IS NOT NEWS. Look at the title of the network, C-o-m-e-d-y, you are not supposed to take them seriously.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #1140 on: February 28, 2016, 01:36:52 PM »
Lol
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1141 on: February 28, 2016, 06:17:59 PM »
Ptolemy is an i-d-i-o-t. Do not take him siriusly. Smh.

Offline Ptolemy

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1142 on: February 29, 2016, 12:15:12 AM »

My case be rested.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1143 on: February 29, 2016, 12:43:08 AM »

My case be rested.
in piece?

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #1146 on: March 03, 2016, 11:40:45 AM »
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1147 on: March 03, 2016, 11:47:35 AM »

RGB just performed a partial birth abortion on Texas's law.
http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/2016/03/02/ruth_bader_ginsburg_asks_the_most_important_question_of_oral_arguments_in.html

:lol: That was a pretty boss takedown. RBG is a complete stud.

But did the New Mexico clinic meet the Texas standards? Why not ask that question?

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1148 on: March 03, 2016, 12:42:41 PM »

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/2016/03/02/ruth_bader_ginsburg_asks_the_most_important_question_of_oral_arguments_in.html

But did the New Mexico clinic meet the Texas standards? Why not ask that question?

Doesn't really matter because Texas would have no way to check the standards of the New Mexico clinic.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1149 on: March 03, 2016, 01:52:33 PM »

Doesn't really matter because Texas would have no way to check the standards of the New Mexico clinic.

The point is that it does not meet Texas standards.