Author Topic: Is Planned Hamburger more important than the entire good of America?  (Read 129641 times)

Offline Yard Dog

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • I am DC Cat
    • View Profile
Re: Is Planned Hamburger more important than the entire good of America?
« Reply #1100 on: February 25, 2016, 01:40:50 PM »
Something like 99.999999% of pregnancies can be avoided by not having sex. And if you're that 0.000001% that gets pregnant without sex, you really shouldn't get an abortion. Trust me on this.

Offline Ptolemy

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1101 on: February 25, 2016, 01:43:56 PM »
Sex is pretty cool tho

So is eating food, but lots of people strictly ration their intake for various reasons.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #1102 on: February 25, 2016, 01:46:41 PM »
Sex is pretty cool tho

So is eating food, but lots of people strictly ration their intake for various reasons.

We need a 'lemy stuff thread
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1103 on: February 25, 2016, 01:56:34 PM »
Sex is pretty cool tho

Doesnt really work to abstain completely tho

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1104 on: February 25, 2016, 02:00:13 PM »
maybe leave these to catzacker as well?

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1105 on: February 25, 2016, 02:03:32 PM »
Abstinence only would be a great law for the Christian Caliphate that you guys want.   You should start a list and maybe look for some land. 

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1106 on: February 25, 2016, 02:05:42 PM »
Abstinence only would be a great law for the Christian Caliphate that you guys want.   You should start a list and maybe look for some land.
Hahahah :love:

Offline Ptolemy

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1107 on: February 25, 2016, 02:19:53 PM »
Sex is pretty cool tho

Doesnt really work to abstain completely tho

Who's advocating that?

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #1108 on: February 25, 2016, 02:27:41 PM »
What's the food abortion analogy? Throwing up?

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1109 on: February 25, 2016, 02:31:05 PM »

What's the food abstinence  analogy? Throwing up?

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1110 on: February 25, 2016, 02:48:20 PM »
The Oliver piece was interesting, but he never pauses to ask the central question in all this: Is an unborn person a person, and do all persons have a right to live?

Offline Yard Dog

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • I am DC Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1111 on: February 25, 2016, 02:55:42 PM »
The Oliver piece was interesting, but he never pauses to ask the central question in all this: Is an unborn person a person, and do all persons have a right to live?

Tends to be how pro choicers do it. Ignore the hard question that might change your viewpoint.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1112 on: February 25, 2016, 02:57:59 PM »

I think he acknowledges he is dodging that question. His point is that IF you believe at all that abortion is acceptable in some circumstance for some reason then you should be in favor of it being accessible.

Personally, I agree. I think just about all forms of abortion should be illegal, but for those few legal instances the government should not throw up arbitrary hurdles just to make it feasibly impossible to actually do.

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #1113 on: February 25, 2016, 03:00:06 PM »

Tends to be how pro choicers do it. Ignore the hard question that might change your viewpoint.

Do you really think anyone that is prochoice hasn't examined that question themselves already?

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1114 on: February 25, 2016, 03:12:33 PM »

Do you really think anyone that is prochoice hasn't examined that question themselves already?

Yes. This thread proves that many pro-choice people have not carefully considered and tested their position. Go back and read all the terrible arguments that have been put forth.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #1115 on: February 25, 2016, 03:22:18 PM »
I mean I could just as easily say you haven't really thought about it because you don't reach the same conclusion as me. It's strange that you don't even acknowledge how stupid you've been in this thread

Offline Ptolemy

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1116 on: February 25, 2016, 03:37:08 PM »
I think just about all forms of abortion should be illegal, but for those few legal instances the government should not throw up arbitrary hurdles just to make it feasibly impossible to actually do.

Have you ever read the Texas law in question? Basically just says that abortion facilities should meet the following:

No one can get an abortion if they are over 20 weeks of gestation, or 22 weeks if calculated from the last monthly period
Medication abortion (early, non-surgical abortion done with pills) will require up to four visits with the same doctor. First, 24 hours in advance for a sonogram. Then for the first and second doses of the drug. Lastly, abortion patients will have to return within 14 days for a follow-up visit.

All Texas abortion doctors must get admitting privileges at a hospital within 30 miles of their clinic.

Those are hardly draconian measures. Have you ever heard of Kermit Gosnell?

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1117 on: February 25, 2016, 03:37:48 PM »

I mean I could just as easily say you haven't really thought about it because you don't reach the same conclusion as me. It's strange that you don't even acknowledge how stupid you've been in this thread

I think you could at least make the argument that people in favor of late 3rd trimester / partial birth abortions have not seriously thought about the issue.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1118 on: February 25, 2016, 03:38:31 PM »
I think just about all forms of abortion should be illegal, but for those few legal instances the government should not throw up arbitrary hurdles just to make it feasibly impossible to actually do.

Have you ever read the Texas law in question? Basically just says that abortion facilities should meet the following:

No one can get an abortion if they are over 20 weeks of gestation, or 22 weeks if calculated from the last monthly period
Medication abortion (early, non-surgical abortion done with pills) will require up to four visits with the same doctor. First, 24 hours in advance for a sonogram. Then for the first and second doses of the drug. Lastly, abortion patients will have to return within 14 days for a follow-up visit.

All Texas abortion doctors must get admitting privileges at a hospital within 30 miles of their clinic.

Watch the vid.  It discusses that from a different angle and gives very good reasoning as to why most of that is designed to prevent procedures.

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1119 on: February 25, 2016, 03:40:47 PM »

John Oliver pretty much addresses all those points so maybe just watch the video...

Offline Ptolemy

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1120 on: February 25, 2016, 03:54:03 PM »
John Oliver pretty much addresses all those points so maybe just watch the video...

Sorry but you do not go to a comedian for serious analysis. What's next, Gallagher on US-Russia relations?

Go here...at least he's a physician:

http://www.abortionprocedures.com/

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1121 on: February 26, 2016, 01:53:48 PM »

Sorry but you do not go to a comedian for serious analysis. What's next, Gallagher on US-Russia relations?

Go here...at least he's a physician:

http://www.abortionprocedures.com/

We can't learn anything from you satirists!!! Shakespeare, Chaucer, Twain all crap I say! Who needs to look at their underlying evidence, analysis, and logic.  Only consider the source.   
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1123 on: February 26, 2016, 02:01:32 PM »
Idaho has a serious cases of the KSUWs
http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2016/feb/25/abortion-debate-heats-up-in-idaho-statehouse/

Well we already knew from Todd Akin that women's bodies have a way to shut that all down if it is legitimate rape.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1124 on: February 26, 2016, 02:15:25 PM »

You could just as easily say whatever you want - that wouldn't make it right. Again, go back and re-read the thread.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.