Author Topic: Is Planned Hamburger more important than the entire good of America?  (Read 129665 times)

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Is Planned Hamburger more important than the entire good of America?
« Reply #950 on: January 26, 2016, 11:11:03 PM »
The implication was there, they didn't shut down the conversation.
implication was there........

or if you watch the director's cut with extended footage they did shut down the "for profit" angle and personal gain.  But who has time for hours of movies when your brain can only handle 8 minutes of soundbites.

8 minutes of "soundbites" is actually quite a long time in this day and age Whack-a-doodle.   So they all shut it down?  Why even entertain the conversation to begin with?  Unless you're going to run straight to the "saving everyone from disease and death angle" which is absolutely absurd and disingenuous even for you and your 1000's of flailing strawmen.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #951 on: January 26, 2016, 11:14:07 PM »
Dlew I'm surprised to see you take this stance. Your post is a fair bit of misdirection at what people are actually claiming and doing versus narrative.  99% of abortion people would want less abortions.  Making them illegal only puts people at risk.  The comparisons as people have noted to murder are just absurd.  It's about state control of the human body.  If there were a similar mens issue KSUW would take over a wild life refuge to protest the state limiting his right to it.  The overall attack is less about abortion and more about control of women, which has gone on for centuries.
Some well thought out arguments here.

Whether or not you agree with it doesn't change the fact that most people's default argument for choice centers on the principle of the government telling people what they can and cannot do with their bodies.  This country has embraced this uniquely conservative issue for decades and the justification has shifted while the underlying issue at hand has always remained the same: government controlling the female body.  The irony is that the party of life only gets on that moral soap box when its abortion and is literally 180 opposite on every other level of protection of life, from death penalty to social services.
But that's a little disingenuous to frame the argument that way.  I don't give a crap what women do with their bodies.  Get tattoos!  Do drugs!  Work out!  Get breast implants!  Become sterile!  Have kids!  Don't have kids!  Do literally anything -- but do not harm anybody else.

And I'm sure you feel the same way, but contend that "anybody else" doesn't include unborn babies or fetuses or whatever you'd like to call them.  And that, I submit, is the actual "underlying issue."

"You want control of women's bodies" is as disingenuous as "you want to kill babies."

Not really when you can list a litany of other points where sex/gender were used to enforce control.  Look at access to women's healthcare, look at birth control access, look at laws which specifically relate to pregnancy (GE v Gilbert).  I would argue the betrayal of your point is that social conservatives who "value" life are all too willing to destroy it at many other crossroads from the death penalty to healthcare for the most vulnerable elements of society.  If as you contend that the underlying life of the fetus is paramount why are we doing so little to improve that life from beginning to potential end?  You are also including nearly impossible things to square with your value judgements when you get into things like the threat to a mother's life in pregnancy.  Now you haven't elaborated too much on grey area topics, but you've been pretty black and white so far.  Forgive me if you think I'm putting words in your mouth on what position you hold.
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #952 on: January 26, 2016, 11:16:06 PM »
That's a nice and typical screed (as usual) edn, but your so far off of my point (and that's tough for you) it's hilarious.  I'm not at all debating the availability of abortions, but as usual, you're too stupid to see that.  So when you've got nothing, you just engage in ranting and nonsense.

I'm also not at all debating stem cell and related research . . . so yes, you're putting a lot of words in my mouth, but I guess a Whack-a-Doodle like you needs to feel better . . . a lot.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2016, 11:19:19 PM by sonofdaxjones »

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #953 on: January 26, 2016, 11:24:30 PM »
That's a nice and typical screed (as usual) edn, but your so far off of my point (and that's tough for you) it's hilarious.  I'm not at all debating the availability of abortions, but as usual, you're too stupid to see that.  So when you've got nothing, you just engage in ranting and nonsense.

I'm also not at all debating stem cell and related research . . . so yes, you're putting a lot of words in my mouth, but I guess a Whack-a-Doodle like you needs to feel better . . . a lot.
I don't think you understand how the quote feature works.
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #954 on: January 26, 2016, 11:29:13 PM »
implication was there........

or if you watch the director's cut with extended footage they did shut down the "for profit" angle and personal gain.  But who has time for hours of movies when your brain can only handle 8 minutes of soundbites.

8 minutes of "soundbites" is actually quite a long time in this day and age Whack-a-doodle.   So they all shut it down?  Why even entertain the conversation to begin with?  Unless you're going to run straight to the "saving everyone from disease and death angle" which is absolutely absurd and disingenuous even for you and your 1000's of flailing strawmen.

They "shut down" everything they morally had a duty to.  I'm sorry that your side doesn't understand that at the point the fetus is destroyed/killed/terminated/etc it is essentially medical waste the same way an amputated limb is.  If someone can get some use, especially life saving research use from that body, why wouldn't you give it up to science?  Your side invented a strawman stuffed with rhetoric about trafficing for profit in human body parts and don't seem to care that you're now an empty shirt of a scarecrow.  It's been proven over and over again that this was a lie.  It's been proven over and over again that the methods used in termination and "distribution" were 100% legal.  You literally have no leg to stand on with the law yet you continue with this moral outrage bullshit.  Were the reps cavalier and grotesque about what they were doing IMO: Yes.  Were they lacking empathy that this was once the body of a human life and not an amputated foot: Yes.  But But none of that is a legal reason to remove funding from PP.  None of that was a legal reason to seek an indictment. 

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #955 on: January 26, 2016, 11:34:03 PM »
This is clearly too much for you, and if you can't understand the draconian nature of what the ghouls at PP were at least willing to entertain, then I feel sad for you.

There's been nothing that I've seen which "proves over and over again" that what they were willing too engage in was entirely on the up-and-up, but when you've got a well funded propaganda machine that gets unleashed anytime this ghouls are caught, this is what you can expect.   Please provide something that isn't from Salon or one of your usual suspect publications or highly slanted sources that "proves" "over and over again" that these people weren't willing to entertain trafficking human body parts.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #956 on: January 26, 2016, 11:34:43 PM »

I don't think you understand how the quote feature works.

Tap out, as usual.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #957 on: January 26, 2016, 11:48:42 PM »
Was there someone in the prosecutors office with substantial ties to PP edn?   Now, I know you live in some sort of non-real world academic life, but if you actually believe the story that she recused herself and had no sway over the situation, then  :lol: right in your face.

The Big Train

« Reply #958 on: January 26, 2016, 11:57:50 PM »
I was very behind in all this, so these are quotes I pulled out as they affected me and my 'feelings'

Babies, unborn or not, have rights.  I challenge you to go to one funeral for an unborn baby and tell those parents their dead child was "not a person yet."

How do they have rights? Test a baby and tell me they know anything other than being alive. Maybe they have the instinct of staying alive as KSU pointed out, but cognitively they know nothing beyond that. Medically if they can stay alive, I guess they have rights, but biological development to stay alive is not possible before a  certain point. What makes that point? This crowd claims they have rights, yet can not prove beyond a reasonable doubt when, only defaulting to conception as the time. Yet science has proved this isn't possible, using empathy as a weapon to convince others of this point is sad in itself.

FETUSES, unborn or not, have rights.  I challenge you to go to one funeral for an unborn baby and tell those parents their dead child was "not a person yet."
But do their rights supersede those of the mothers, especially when the fetus can't live outside the mother yet?

Do the rights of any individual supersede the rights of any other?  That's not how rights work.

They aren't individuals yet, unless they can live without being in the mother's womb.

Sorry you feel that way. 

Do you think a baby 30 seconds outside the womb is any more viable than one 30 seconds before?  Sure, there is the incremental difference in survival rate between those two points, but it's pretty insignificant.

I don't think a lot of abortions are happening 30 seconds before the baby is born. I'm against late term abortions, except in cases of the mother's health, rape or incest). But a fetus being aborted 10 weeks into the pregnancy is not a viable life form yet so therefore does not have protections or rights a person would have.

First, why should rape or incest be an exception for murdering a baby 30 seconds prior to birth?

Second, why does a 10 week old fetus have less right to live than a 30 week fetus? What does viability have to do with human rights?

This is in response to KSU Wildcats:

Rape and incest should absolutely be a reason for an abortion. As you sit in your ivory tower and look down on these women, they should have prevented this in your eyes. They are at fault for being raped, therefore, they should be made to have that baby. Regardless of whether it was their choice.

No matter what their background, rich, poor, young, and old, they better have that baby. Continue the rapist line so that other young women, maybe even your own daughter, can continue this cycle of birth. It can only help and improve the human race, which is what it is all about right? Let us continue this race and provide our children with a fine crop of rapist and murderer blood. That will ensure our kin will be safe.

After thoughts:

There is all this talk of Morals. So what makes up the entire human races morals? What set document defines these? What defines this right and wrong, other than the law, for which we may not agree with?  How do you define morals that other people should live by, when you yourself didn't learn them until later in life?

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #959 on: January 27, 2016, 08:23:19 AM »
Jesus, tbt really knows how to murder whatever side he fights for
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #960 on: January 27, 2016, 09:02:12 AM »

Whether or not you agree with it doesn't change the fact that most people's default argument for choice centers on the principle of the government telling people what they can and cannot do with their bodies.  This country has embraced this uniquely conservative issue for decades and the justification has shifted while the underlying issue at hand has always remained the same: government controlling the female body.  The irony is that the party of life only gets on that moral soap box when its abortion and is literally 180 opposite on every other level of protection of life, from death penalty to social services.
But that's a little disingenuous to frame the argument that way.  I don't give a crap what women do with their bodies.  Get tattoos!  Do drugs!  Work out!  Get breast implants!  Become sterile!  Have kids!  Don't have kids!  Do literally anything -- but do not harm anybody else.

And I'm sure you feel the same way, but contend that "anybody else" doesn't include unborn babies or fetuses or whatever you'd like to call them.  And that, I submit, is the actual "underlying issue."

"You want control of women's bodies" is as disingenuous as "you want to kill babies."

Not really when you can list a litany of other points where sex/gender were used to enforce control.  Look at access to women's healthcare, look at birth control access, look at laws which specifically relate to pregnancy (GE v Gilbert).  I would argue the betrayal of your point is that social conservatives who "value" life are all too willing to destroy it at many other crossroads from the death penalty to healthcare for the most vulnerable elements of society.  If as you contend that the underlying life of the fetus is paramount why are we doing so little to improve that life from beginning to potential end?  You are also including nearly impossible things to square with your value judgements when you get into things like the threat to a mother's life in pregnancy.  Now you haven't elaborated too much on grey area topics, but you've been pretty black and white so far.  Forgive me if you think I'm putting words in your mouth on what position you hold.
I think you have put words in my mouth. 

There is lots and lots of evidence that we would reduce costs to society and drastically reduce abortions by providing free contraception to everyone, especially teenagers.

Amazingly, the same people that claim abortion is a literal holocaust don't want to do that.

Education too.  However, same ppl really like ignorant, unprepared, baby time bombs.
I am for these solutions!

I can't speak for the pro-life movement as a whole, or the right in general, because I don't share a lot of their political beliefs.  But I'd be surprised if you went up and asked any one of them why they were anti-abortion and they told you "control of women's bodies."

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #961 on: January 27, 2016, 09:20:02 AM »
I think there is a space where you can call something bad or a tragedy, and not mean murder or a moral law is broken. Is it really murder if it couldn't live outside the womb? To me that's not a person yet.

Newborn babies can't live outside the womb, either. Not without care from others. Your argument is weak. Birth is an arbitrary dividing line with monstrous results.
But they are viable life forms that could live with the help of others. A 10 week old fetus can't even do that.

Would your opinion change if technology made it possible?

So many question in your hypothetical argument, how much would said technology cost and who would the burden of such cost fall too? Are we gonna put poor mothers in debt so their 10 week old fetus could be in the hospital for a long time?

Let's just assume it's free.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #962 on: January 27, 2016, 09:49:14 AM »
How do they have rights? Test a baby and tell me they know anything other than being alive. Maybe they have the instinct of staying alive as KSU pointed out, but cognitively they know nothing beyond that. Medically if they can stay alive, I guess they have rights, but biological development to stay alive is not possible before a certain point. What makes that point? This crowd claims they have rights, yet can not prove beyond a reasonable doubt when, only defaulting to conception as the time. Yet science has proved this isn't possible, using empathy as a weapon to convince others of this point is sad in itself.

Respectfully, you haven't thought this through very well. In deciding on when a baby acquires the right to not be killed (I'm speaking of moral rights - not legal rights, mind you, which are an issue of jurisprudence), some people use birth, some people use viability, some people use conception. Only one of these has a moral basis.

Using birth as a dividing line is absurd and monstrous - aside from an umbilical cord and some fluid in the longs, there is no physical difference between a child 30 seconds prior to birth and 30 seconds after.

But there is also no moral basis for "viability" as the dividing line - not to mention that "viability" is ill-defined and keeps getting earlier with technological advances. Neither a 10 week old fetus nor a newborn infant are independent, self-sustaining life forms. Both require constant care and nourishment to survive. A newborn infant is really no more "viable" than the fetus. The fetus, just like the infant, will continue to grow and develop unless he or she dies or is killed. Sometimes fetuses die due to development problems, just the same as infants. There is no moral, logical argument for treating a fetus different from a newborn infant.

Conception it at least premised upon one inescapable scientific fact: this is when human life begins. That is a logical, moral basis for when life should be protected (from the start).

Rape and incest should absolutely be a reason for an abortion. As you sit in your ivory tower and look down on these women, they should have prevented this in your eyes. They are at fault for being raped, therefore, they should be made to have that baby. Regardless of whether it was their choice.

No matter what their background, rich, poor, young, and old, they better have that baby. Continue the rapist line so that other young women, maybe even your own daughter, can continue this cycle of birth. It can only help and improve the human race, which is what it is all about right? Let us continue this race and provide our children with a fine crop of rapist and murderer blood. That will ensure our kin will be safe.

Rape is a terrible offenses. For this reason, we punish rape criminally, and harshly. But the baby is innocent of the crime. There is no moral argument for killing a baby who is the product of rape. It is particularly absurd to suggest that a baby should be permitted to be killed up to the moment of birth if conceived by rape.

The "rape exception" is also mostly a red herring thanks to medical advancements. A woman who is raped can now be administered medication at the hospital that prevents her from conceiving. Of course there are still some situations where the rape will not be treated immediately - familial incest being the worst such example - but this is still not a moral reason to kill an innocent human being. It is a benchmark of our civilization and society that we punish the guilty - not the innocent. You can call that "ivory tower" if you like - it's true.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #963 on: January 27, 2016, 10:41:49 AM »
My stance on abortion is:  When there's a heartbeat, I'd probably consider it a life.  So, I'm against abortions after 17 weeks.  The only exception, would be if the life of the mother is threatened.

I would normally not let abortion be a factor in my voting but I'm against defunding Planned Parenthood because of all the other services they provide. So, if defunding PP is a part of their platform, I likely wouldn't vote for them.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #964 on: January 27, 2016, 10:54:11 AM »
I'm fine with the free contraceptives argument. If that's your stance, sure, I'm on board. However the education thing is pretty weak. If you want more sex ed in schools or wherever, I'm fine with that too. But I have a hard time believing teens are just humping with the knowledge that a pregnancy is a potential consequence. Its 2016.

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #965 on: January 27, 2016, 10:55:31 AM »
The education is on how to better use birth control

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #966 on: January 27, 2016, 10:56:17 AM »

oh. yeah that's fine. i'm ok with that.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #967 on: January 27, 2016, 10:58:12 AM »

Ok.  So nothing illegal.  Thanks for clarifying.

Offline Yard Dog

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • I am DC Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #968 on: January 27, 2016, 11:00:57 AM »

It should also be positively skewed. I was a member of S.H.A.P.E. at KState and the research showed that countries who had a positive dialogue about sex in schools and in the home had lower teen pregnancies and lower rape numbers by a significant amount when compared with the United States..

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #969 on: January 27, 2016, 11:07:06 AM »
I agree yard dog  :thumbs:

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #970 on: January 27, 2016, 11:10:04 AM »
I'm fine with the free contraceptives argument. If that's your stance, sure, I'm on board. However the education thing is pretty weak. If you want more sex ed in schools or wherever, I'm fine with that too. But I have a hard time believing teens are just humping with the knowledge that a pregnancy is a potential consequence. Its 2016.

I have several friends that are mid thirties now, grew up in various parts of KS, are from conservative religious families that don't know some pretty significant pregnancy things.

I know two couples that had a kid 11 months after the first because both always thought you couldn't get pregnant while breast feeding, for example. 

You hear stories all the time about ppl that simply don't understand odds of prevention and what not.  How are sheltered kids supposed to learn this info?  I think you assume that all are seeking the info on line?  I don't think that is the case.  Many kids brought up in such environments buy in.

Offline Yard Dog

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • I am DC Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #971 on: January 27, 2016, 11:24:22 AM »
That reinforces how important an open dialogue about sex in the home is. And it shouldn't be seen as the great devil. It should be viewed as something beautiful to look forward to and cherish. If you support saving it for marriage, you can still frame the beauty in a way that doesn't leave your kids ignorant.

No matter if Planned Parenthood or any other source of information exists, there is no guarantee that information will reach the ears of the youth. If anything I support any organization that teaches parents how to talk about this stuff at home. If a kid feels comfortable asking their parents about things then there will be a lot less fear and confusion around the whole process.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #972 on: January 27, 2016, 11:27:44 AM »
My stance on abortion is:  When there's a heartbeat, I'd probably consider it a life.  So, I'm against abortions after 17 weeks.  The only exception, would be if the life of the mother is threatened.

The heart begins pumping at 4-6 weeks, not that I can understand why protection should commence at that particular stage of development.

It's amazing how much we've learned about fetal development in the decades after the Supreme Court supposedly settled the controversy over abortion. If those justices knew then what we know now, I'm pretty sure the ruling would have been significanlty different. Yet libtards cling to Roe v Wade as canon all these years later despite advances in knowledge. "The Party of Science" huh?
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #973 on: January 27, 2016, 12:00:41 PM »

i would wager an astronomical percentage of teens think pulling out is an effective way to avoid pregnancy

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #974 on: January 27, 2016, 12:03:48 PM »

i would wager an astronomical percentage of teens think pulling out is an effective way to avoid pregnancy

There was a stat on 98.1 in KC this summer saying that there is a rise in teens saying this is what they use now.  It's a small percentage, but its going up, according to that story that was too long ago for me to remember the source of.