Author Topic: Is Planned Hamburger more important than the entire good of America?  (Read 129340 times)

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
Re: Is Planned Hamburger more important than the entire good of America?
« Reply #725 on: October 02, 2015, 09:11:40 AM »
Would you be willing to doom your own eternal soul to hell in exchange for defending the lives of the unborn?

probably not. maybe that makes me selfish

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: October 02, 2015, 09:13:00 AM »

Would you be willing to doom your own eternal soul to hell in exchange for defending the lives of the unborn?
I am sorry, but I will not answer this one.
But I have one for you. Would you be willing to doom your own soul to eternal hell in exchange for defending anything that you believe in?

Gonna win 'em all!

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: October 02, 2015, 09:15:08 AM »
I'd doom my eternal soul for a snickers bar. Because an eternal soul is not real, so it has no value to me, a snickers bar does
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: October 02, 2015, 09:20:03 AM »
I'd doom my eternal soul for a snickers bar. Because an eternal soul is not real, so it has no value to me, a snickers bar does

this helps me understand your aversion to dream-related movies

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: October 02, 2015, 09:20:49 AM »

so I am supposed to think hypothetically, but you can't?

Gonna win 'em all!

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: October 02, 2015, 09:21:20 AM »
I also don't like drug scenes

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • giving new meaning to the term "anger juice"
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: October 02, 2015, 09:22:24 AM »

I am sorry, but I will not answer this one.
But I have one for you. Would you be willing to doom your own soul to eternal hell in exchange for defending anything that you believe in?

Gonna win 'em all!

I don't believe in either concept, so I really can't answer that in fairness.

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • giving new meaning to the term "anger juice"
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: October 02, 2015, 09:23:59 AM »

Gonna win 'em all!

I think it is fair, considering they are concepts that are true to you.

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: October 02, 2015, 09:24:36 AM »

Gonna win 'em all!

The question is only interesting to ask someone who values an eternal soul. I can't pretend to know how valuable that is to someone. It's fairly easy to knoknow how much you value your political views though

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: October 02, 2015, 09:28:37 AM »

this is a pretty giant umbrella

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #735 on: October 02, 2015, 09:36:28 AM »

Like when they try to show what a character is experiencing on drugs. Usually blurry and fast moving camera and distorted voices

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: October 02, 2015, 09:43:31 AM »

Gonna win 'em all!

The question is only interesting to ask someone who values an eternal soul. I can't pretend to know how valuable that is to someone. It's fairly easy to knoknow how much you value your political views though
My political views? The only thing that I have discussed is my personal beliefs, some of which can be equated to a political party, but that doesn't mean they are. Man, you seem to be really on edge lately. I am not attacking you in any thread, but it seems that you are trying to take a lot of little jabs at me and what I believe. Sorry if I am offending you. I typically assume that gE regulars get my sarcasm in certain threads and get my sincerity in others, and me the same in return. If I am misreading you (on a message board! Ha!), then I am sorry.

Gonna win 'em all!

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: October 02, 2015, 09:56:59 AM »
I was answering your question in an honest manner. Unless you're an idiot like yard dog or an extremist like ksuw, I enjoy civil discussions. I don't think you're either of those, so whatever jabs you feel are not being thrown.

I don't like that you won't explain your views though, because I enjoy hearing different points of view. I've  mentioned it about mir before, that he often brings a unique pov (in the context of this message board) and I like having another way of looking at things because I might be missing something.

Also political views are personal beliefs, not sure why you are bringing parties into this. If you've read the pit much you would know I'm extremely anti-party. People clamor for a third party, I want zero parties. They are only fund raising rackets

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: October 02, 2015, 10:18:42 AM »

Like when they try to show what a character is experiencing on drugs. Usually blurry and fast moving camera and distorted voices

oh yeah i hate that too. i thought you meant any scene where a character is seen doing drugs.

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: October 02, 2015, 10:26:12 AM »
hellPAK?

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: October 02, 2015, 10:37:55 AM »

I gave up on trying to read the last 200 plus comments.
My thoughts (if you give a crap):
In my case, I can tell you that I felt like there was another human the second my wife told me she thought she was pregnant. Yes, I was sad the times she told me that she wasn't. Or the time she miscarried. Was I distraught? No. A strong relationship with the baby and/or not fully knowing whether or not she was pregnant prevented me from being overly distraught. I was sad.
For those of you saying "what harm is it doing me?" Or "let people do what they want and then let God decide", my response is "whatever you do to the least, you do to me".
I am pro-life. I believe in God. I know some of you are 100% different than me in those two points, but it is part of who I am.
Go Royals!
(FTR, I have not watched the videos.)

Gonna win 'em all!
Here are my beliefs. It is pretty simple. Others have different beliefs, and I get that. I am not out evangelizing, but if somebody wants to talk seriously about God and something they are struggling with, I am certainly willing to do that. That, for me, would be a pretty serious and personal conversation. I probably wouldn't have that on a message board.

Gonna win 'em all!

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: October 02, 2015, 10:38:39 AM »
If you believe in a god that like has a scale that adds up all the good and bad things you did to decide if you get into heaven or hell, seems like damning your soul to hell for eternity to save what this God thought were babies babies would tip the scale back to the going to heaven side. So in a way, it may be a selfish act either way.

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: October 02, 2015, 10:39:34 AM »

I was answering your question in an honest manner. Unless you're an idiot like yard dog or an extremist like ksuw, I enjoy civil discussions. I don't think you're either of those, so whatever jabs you feel are not being thrown.

I don't like that you won't explain your views though, because I enjoy hearing different points of view. I've  mentioned it about mir before, that he often brings a unique pov (in the context of this message board) and I like having another way of looking at things because I might be missing something.

Also political views are personal beliefs, not sure why you are bringing parties into this. If you've read the pit much you would know I'm extremely anti-party. People clamor for a third party, I want zero parties. They are only fund raising rackets
My personal beliefs about God and abortion are not political. That is what I was attempting to convey.

Gonna win 'em all!

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: October 02, 2015, 10:40:37 AM »
If you believe in a god that like has a scale that adds up all the good and bad things you did to decide if you get into heaven or hell, seems like damning your soul to hell for eternity to save what this God thought were babies babies would tip the scale back to the going to heaven side. So in a way, it may be a selfish act either way.

Kind of like when Huckabee volunteered to go to jail for Kim Davis. He knew the judge wouldn't really put him in jail, just like he knows God wouldn't really send him to hell.

Offline Yard Dog

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • I am DC Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: October 02, 2015, 10:41:47 AM »

The Christian belief is that you do not get to heaven through good works alone. So the act of damning your soul to hell would do just that. God isn't one to really be ok with ends justifying means. That doesn't mean that His followers haven't messed that up along the way.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: October 02, 2015, 10:43:10 AM »

Kind of like when Huckabee volunteered to go to jail for Kim Davis. He knew the judge wouldn't really put him in jail, just like he knows God wouldn't really send him to hell.

Exactly.

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: October 02, 2015, 11:03:38 AM »

My personal beliefs about God and abortion are not political. That is what I was attempting to convey.

Gonna win 'em all!

What does this mean though? You state you're pro-life, but you aren't into making it illegal? Why chime in on a political abortion thread if you don't want to share your political opinions on abortion?

Ftr, I've never impregnated anyone, but I imagine I would react similarly to you.   You (or me) wanting a kid and being happy or sad about the development or miscarriage of that potential child has absolutely nothing to do with the discussion at hand

Your pit posts are very confusing to me.

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: October 02, 2015, 12:08:14 PM »

Gonna win 'em all!

What does this mean though? You state you're pro-life, but you aren't into making it illegal? Why chime in on a political abortion thread if you don't want to share your political opinions on abortion?

Ftr, I've never impregnated anyone, but I imagine I would react similarly to you.   You (or me) wanting a kid and being happy or sad about the development or miscarriage of that potential child has absolutely nothing to do with the discussion at hand

Your pit posts are very confusing to me.
When I posted that, the topic within the thread was "when does life begin".
That was when I decided to chime in. I struggle with making a law against abortion. I'd rather live in a society that values human life more than that. BUT WAIT!!! Why do we need laws against anything? Wouldn't we all rather live in a society without laws but everyone just does the right thing? Well, welcome to my world! It is a very conflicting place!

Gonna win 'em all!

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: October 03, 2015, 03:32:04 AM »
We are in the last days.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #749 on: October 03, 2015, 08:32:52 AM »
Regarding the argument that the moment of birth is an arbitrary distinction as it pertains to the endowment of rights, proponents of that argument would need to resolve the discrepancy between that stance and the Constitution.  Is it fair to only espouse the Constitution when it fits your agenda? The framers of the 14th Amendment certainly felt that birth was the earliest point at which a person should be afforded the rights and protections of a citizen.  They felt it necessary to begin the first section of what would become the most important part of the Constitution with the assertion that "all persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws."

So, before the moment of birth, I don't see how anyone can assert that the rights of the mother are equal or subordinate to the rights of the unborn.

"the 14th amendment isn't part of the original constitution" -ksuw (probably)

No i think he goes with the "3/5th" clause of the original constitution to show the constitution isnt always right. But we shall see!!!!

:ROFL:
Collective dumbassery is the best dumbassery
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd