Author Topic: Is Planned Hamburger more important than the entire good of America?  (Read 129718 times)

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
Re: Is Planned Hamburger more important than the entire good of America?
« Reply #325 on: September 24, 2015, 11:35:43 AM »
Why do people care about others' "babies?"

Same reasons people care about the death penalty, clubbing of baby seals, income inequality, global warming, racism, etc.

"Babies" should get 0% of the do-gooders' efforts, because all those other victims are people or animals that are in the world that can appreciate the efforts or they at least have others in the world who'd be affected by their loss and would appreciate the efforts.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: September 24, 2015, 11:36:54 AM »
Well murdering innocent babies is illegal already and I'm sure you won't find many supporting that

It is only illegal if they are outside of their mother. It isn't illegal if they are inside. Pretty sure that was covered.

What are the positives that would be gained if abortions were illegal? (Assuming we have some agreement on rape/incest/health)

You are posturing that if killing innocent people makes their lives better than we are doing them a favor? I mean all those refugees from Syria seem to have it pretty bad, we should probably just wipe the entire country off the map. I mean, some of them might live highly successful and happy lives. But, you know, statistically some of them won't. . .so let's just bomb all of them. Better that they were dead.
I'm of the belief that laws should be for the benefit of society at large. Abortion is currently legal. What gets better if we make abortion illegal?

Besides ending the biggest genocide since the Holocaust? During the Holocaust, approximately six million Jews were killed by Adolf Hitler's Nazi regime and its collaborators. Since Roe v Wade? Approximately fifty eight million unborn babies have been murdered. Even accounting for the one or two percent that fall under "life of the mother, rape, or incest" this genocide is nearly ten times worse.

I think you're being charitable with that "one or two percent."
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: September 24, 2015, 11:37:03 AM »

Maybe I should say other strangers' "babies."  Like CF3 can do whatever he wants w/his, and I hope it works out and there'll be a legacy cancer-lover out soon enough if that's what he chooses.

luv u 2 buddy

Did you already say if it's a boy or a girl?  If it's a boy, I suppose you can send me an ultrasound pic flaunting multiple balls YOU SONOFABITCH.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: September 24, 2015, 11:44:51 AM »
why dont the people who think banning guns will make guns worse think banning abortion will make abortion worse just like banning alcohol made alcohol worse?

Not sure if this was a serious question, but I'll go ahead and answer anyway. I think it depends upon your definition of "worse" and the impact on human life. A ban on all guns isn't going to stop criminals from having guns, which puts us all in greater danger. A ban on all abortions won't stop some women from getting illegal abortions, and I think it's safe to assume that those abortions will be riskier to the women involved, but it will save far more lives overall. As for the Prohibition comment, I don't think you would seriously equate the right to drink alcohol to the right to kill a baby.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2015, 01:06:15 PM by K-S-U-Wildcats! »
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: September 24, 2015, 11:45:09 AM »

Maybe I should say other strangers' "babies."  Like CF3 can do whatever he wants w/his, and I hope it works out and there'll be a legacy cancer-lover out soon enough if that's what he chooses.

luv u 2 buddy

Did you already say if it's a boy or a girl?  If it's a boy, I suppose you can send me an ultrasound pic flaunting multiple balls YOU SONOFABITCH.

we didn't find out. but if its a boy i'll make a plaster mold of his nuts for you

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #330 on: September 24, 2015, 11:48:53 AM »

luv u 2 buddy

we didn't find out. but if its a boy i'll make a plaster mold of his nuts for you

I'll have quite an arrangement of gift nuts if that comes to be.

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: September 24, 2015, 11:54:40 AM »

Same reasons people care about the death penalty, clubbing of baby seals, income inequality, global warming, racism, etc.

"Babies" should get 0% of the do-gooders' efforts, because all those other victims are people or animals that are in the world that can appreciate the efforts or they at least have others in the world who'd be affected by their loss and would appreciate the efforts.

I appreciate your mother's efforts.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: September 24, 2015, 11:55:44 AM »
Whoever aborted trims ball snuffed out a few billion potential babies
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: September 24, 2015, 11:58:57 AM »
What are the positives that would be gained if abortions were illegal? (Assuming we have some agreement on rape/incest/health)

A lot fewer cruelly murdered innocent babies.

More dead pregnant ladies who didn't want to be pregnant and probably a few more murdered babies (actual babies who have been born) and toddlers.

Serious question: How many more of each, do you think?

Another serious question: Do you think large scale bans on abortion would lead to "back alley" clinics worse than Kermit Gosnell's, which somehow managed to exist under our current legal framework?

Probably about 10,000 dead women per year based on the fact that up to 5,000 women died per year in illegal abortions before Roe vs Wade and the U.S. population has doubled since then.

As for infants deaths, I really don't know. There are about 23,440 infant deaths already in the U.S. per year and about 3.9 million births. That's a rate of .6%. I think that in circumstances where the mother is forced to have a child she does not want (or should not have due to fetal anomalies), the death rate would be higher than the general population, let's say 5 times higher.
Maybe there are about a million abortions in the U.S. per year, and let's say that all of those are forced to carry to term.
1 mil x .6% x 5 = 30,000 death infants.

So 10,000 dead women and 30,000 dead infants per year. And yes I think that is more significant than a million aborted fetuses.

I think that the restrictions that anti-abortion activists have caused despite the fact that abortion is legal has lead to illegal "clinics" and yes I think that many more such "clinics" and worse would pop up if abortion were made illegal.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: September 24, 2015, 12:14:35 PM »

What's funny is that just as a recommended precaution, I put a bunch from the remaining ball in a cup and had them frozen in Minnesota until after all the treatment was done and I knew I could make more.  Then I told the place in Minnesota they could trash 'em rather than me continue to pay for freezer space.  So it was all my call.

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: September 24, 2015, 12:21:00 PM »

What's funny is that just as a recommended precaution, I put a bunch from the remaining ball in a cup and had them frozen in Minnesota until after all the treatment was done and I knew I could make more.  Then I told the place in Minnesota they could trash 'em rather than me continue to pay for freezer space.  So it was all my call.

One of those sperms could have grown up to cure cancer.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: September 24, 2015, 12:21:09 PM »
How do you guys feel about Plan B?
:adios:

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: September 24, 2015, 12:22:07 PM »
I wish it was used more often.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: September 24, 2015, 12:22:43 PM »

Big fan.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: September 24, 2015, 12:23:19 PM »

One of those sperms could have grown up to cure cancer.

The irony.

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: September 24, 2015, 12:24:49 PM »
Well murdering innocent babies is illegal already and I'm sure you won't find many supporting that

i could see making a case for allowing parents to kill their children up to a certain age, if they wished to.  babies could be considered the property of their parents until some arbitrary age, at which point they could graduate to legal personhood.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: September 24, 2015, 12:50:30 PM »

Better than Plan C. Not as good as Plan A.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: September 24, 2015, 12:56:58 PM »

it comes in handy but i also feel like it's probably bad for your body

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: September 24, 2015, 01:11:12 PM »

i could see making a case for allowing parents to kill their children up to a certain age, if they wished to.  babies could be considered the property of their parents until some arbitrary age, at which point they could graduate to legal personhood.

I see no practical difference between allowing a parent to kill their baby 2 weeks after birth as opposed to 2 weeks before. Birth is an arbitrary and illogical dividing line.

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #345 on: September 24, 2015, 01:15:34 PM »
Seems like a pretty logical dividing line  :dunno:

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: September 24, 2015, 01:16:44 PM »
i think 24 months post conception is the most logical and least arbitrary dividing line.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: September 24, 2015, 01:19:36 PM »
Seems like a pretty logical dividing line  :dunno:

yeah, I mean you can have valid arguments against abortion but calling birth an "arbitrary" and "illogical" dividing line is absolutely absurd. Like, where the eff did that argument come from.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: September 24, 2015, 01:31:30 PM »
i can see his point.  conception is a firm, fixed point in time, at which point the new organism begins development.  in contrast birth occurs at a variable point in time from conception.  while most babies are born at roughly the same time from conception, some can be born much earlier or somewhat later than the median.  regardless of the timing of birth, those babies are at very nearly the same developmental place as other babies the same age from conception.

obviously, as you get farther from conception this distinction becomes less meaningful.  but for young babies, age from conception is a much better indicator of their point in development than is age from birth.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: September 24, 2015, 01:33:52 PM »
well you wouldn't need an abortion if you just used freaking birth control. why isn't this like freely available everywhere