Author Topic: Is Planned Hamburger more important than the entire good of America?  (Read 129577 times)

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Is Planned Hamburger more important than the entire good of America?
« Reply #275 on: September 23, 2015, 09:53:27 PM »

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: September 23, 2015, 09:55:35 PM »
Right to sodomy? What are you talking about?

Google Lawrence v. Texas.
Ok. Brb.
Good ruling. It's a shame sodomy was ever illegal.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: September 23, 2015, 09:55:44 PM »
So like, some people say "this issue is decided, it has been for a long time.  Abortion is legal, so give up."

I'm wondering if they feel the same way about 2nd amendment rights to firearms, which seem pretty well ingrained too.

I'm assuming you are asking this question to people advocating for the abolishing of the 2nd amendment, and I have to ask, who the hell is doing that?
I'm asking that question to people who want to limit others' constitutionally protected (and reinforced by recent, explicit supreme court caselaw) right to bear arms.

My only point is that it's lame to cite established Supreme Court decisions as an argument for others to give up fighting a perceived injustice.  I could just have easily used Dred Scott as an example.

But in this case your comparison is flawed. Professed "pro-lifers" want Roe v. Wade abolished, over turned. Gun control advocates aren't advocating for all guns to be banned in all cases like pro lifers want with abortion. Sure there are people advocating that we melt every gun in America but that's an extremist view, not held by anyone posting here. Pro choice supporters like gun control advocates recognize the constitutional right of both but identify the need for laws to regulate each. Gun rights advocates push back on regulatory laws, as do pro lifers.
I agree that gun control isn't apples to apples with abortion.

Again, my only point in making that comparison was targeted at CNS's argument (which perhaps I should've quoted) -- that saying "this issue has already been decided by the Supreme Court" is a ridiculously weak argument, because society's views (along with the law) can and do evolve. 

For the record, saying "all abortions should be banned under every circumstance" is an extremist viewpoint too.  The last data I saw showed overwhelming support for exceptions in case of danger to the mother's life, and a majority of support that make exceptions for rape and incest.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: September 23, 2015, 10:01:52 PM »
For the record, saying "all abortions should be banned under every circumstance" is an extremist viewpoint too.  The last data I saw showed overwhelming support for exceptions in case of danger to the mother's life, and a majority of support that make exceptions for rape and incest.

Ok by me. Prohibiting abortions subject to those exceptions (assuming those exceptions were honestly adhered to, which is a stretch) would prohibit nearly all abortion.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: September 23, 2015, 10:04:37 PM »
Why do people care what happens to the tissue once it isn't living? Dead old people, ex-fetuses, car accident victims, whatever.  So weird.

the fetuses never signed the backs of their licenses.

Nice. Well, that and the fact that several of the videos indicate that Planned Parenthood is profiting off the sale of the aborted babies, thereby giving them an incentive to provide more abortions. What evidence? For starters, Planned Parenthood claims it only charges its cost for shipping and preparation of the "specimens," but the price varies significantly by "specimen." Apparently, baby heads are primo. Who knew? That's where the real money is - the heads:thumbs:

of course different types of tissue would need different types of packaging, prep, and care provisions. it makes perfect sense that brain tissue would cost more in shipping and handling than something like bone or skin.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2015, 10:13:07 PM by michigancat »

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: September 23, 2015, 10:21:30 PM »

Why do people care what happens to the tissue once it isn't living? Dead old people, ex-fetuses, car accident victims, whatever.  So weird.

Nice. Well, that and the fact that several of the videos indicate that Planned Parenthood is profiting off the sale of the aborted babies, thereby giving them an incentive to provide more abortions. What evidence? For starters, Planned Parenthood claims it only charges its cost for shipping and preparation of the "specimens," but the price varies significantly by "specimen." Apparently, baby heads are primo. Who knew? That's where the real money is - the heads:thumbs:

It's been a few months since I got one of those abortion 'cruitment calls. Guess PP must have gotten slapped with a show cause pr something
:adios:

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: September 23, 2015, 10:27:57 PM »

of course different types of tissue would need different types of packaging, prep, and care provisions. it makes perfect sense that brain tissue would cost more in shipping and handling than something like bone or skin.

Seriously though. If you can break into the baby head business, that's where the money is. Anybody can sell a little bone or skin. It's all about how you procure it. You need to use a "less crunchy" technique. Maybe you crush a little up here, or down here, but keep the money organs intact, you know? Hey, can you pass me the wine? All this talking about baby parts is making me thirsty!
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: September 23, 2015, 10:30:50 PM »
Sell the heads and the shafts for all I care. Meat is meat

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: September 23, 2015, 10:46:01 PM »
What's the down side to abortion again?

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: September 23, 2015, 10:54:21 PM »

the filet should cost the same as the shank

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #285 on: September 23, 2015, 10:58:16 PM »

the filet should cost the same as the shank

I think this might be a lob pass for a longbone dunk shot.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: September 24, 2015, 07:30:46 AM »
Ksuw is right, medical procedures are pretty yucky
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Yard Dog

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • I am DC Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: September 24, 2015, 09:06:49 AM »

Cruelly murdering unborn children.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: September 24, 2015, 10:10:07 AM »
Ksuw is right, medical procedures are pretty yucky

Back to the idiotic "it's just another gross medical procedure" excuse. Was that on the halftime scorecard? Might be time for another.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: September 24, 2015, 10:16:29 AM »
How many abortions are carried out a year?

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: September 24, 2015, 10:18:26 AM »
What are the positives that would be gained if abortions were illegal? (Assuming we have some agreement on rape/incest/health)

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: September 24, 2015, 10:19:46 AM »

What are the positives that would be gained if abortions were illegal? (Assuming we have some agreement on rape/incest/health)

Unwanted babies everywhere!

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: September 24, 2015, 10:21:39 AM »
I had a roommate in med school who would be shocked everytime he had to observe a procedure and how much mutilation goes into fixing people. I still cringe at the story of his first observed birth.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: September 24, 2015, 10:22:19 AM »
Who is expected to care for all of these unwanted children? The parents that didn't want to raise them to begin with?

Why are we concerned more with abortion than we are with people breeding that can't care for their children? People who raise obese children? People that can't clothe and feed their kids? Etc. If you want to call the fetus a baby, where is the public outcry for all of the shitty things parents do?

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: September 24, 2015, 10:24:47 AM »
Who is expected to care for all of these unwanted children? The parents that didn't want to raise them to begin with?

Why are we concerned more with abortion than we are with people breeding that can't care for their children? People who raise obese children? People that can't clothe and feed their kids? Etc. If you want to call the fetus a baby, where is the public outcry for all of the shitty things parents do?

All valid topics. None justify cruelly murdering innocent babies. None.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: September 24, 2015, 10:25:42 AM »

A lot fewer cruelly murdered innocent babies.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: September 24, 2015, 10:28:35 AM »

All valid topics. None justify cruelly murdering innocent babies. None.
Agree to disagree.

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: September 24, 2015, 10:28:57 AM »
Well murdering innocent babies is illegal already and I'm sure you won't find many supporting that

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: September 24, 2015, 10:29:18 AM »

A lot fewer cruelly murdered innocent babies.
Not good enough. And I'm accepting your definition of a baby for brevity. Agree to disagree.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: September 24, 2015, 10:32:43 AM »
Just got back from a 20 week ultrasound. Saw my child in there. Was amazing.