Author Topic: Is Planned Hamburger more important than the entire good of America?  (Read 129967 times)

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Is Planned Hamburger more important than the entire good of America?
« Reply #150 on: September 21, 2015, 10:47:02 PM »
I'm not talking about rapists

Me neithers
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: September 21, 2015, 10:47:44 PM »
The more pragmatic solution to punishment is to go after the abortionist. As for the woman, that's an easy question with a difficult answer. I'll answer it by posing some questions of my own (and I think you'll see where I'm going with this). If a woman kills her baby just a few minutes after it is born, is that murder? Does it depend? On what?

see, he thinks they should get death
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: September 21, 2015, 10:49:32 PM »
Ah  sorry i missed that

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: September 21, 2015, 10:50:34 PM »
it wasn't underlined.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: September 21, 2015, 10:51:40 PM »

Me neithers

I admire your avatarial commitment to the new nez

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: September 21, 2015, 10:53:26 PM »
it wasn't underlined.

high level technique
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: September 21, 2015, 11:00:40 PM »

Me neithers

I admire your avatarial commitment to the new nez

Its a stand of soladarity with tracz and the enterprise, but I appreciate the sentiment.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: September 21, 2015, 11:39:09 PM »
What if the baby is a Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)?

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: September 22, 2015, 12:21:27 AM »
The answer is just to let people do what they will and let God judge them. They are no threat to you.

I hope we're not coming full circle back to dumb arguments like this again. We don't pass laws just to protect ourselves, but to protect others. We have a moral obligation to respect and protect human life.

Just because the issue is arguably murky doesn't mean you throw up your hands and say "eh, let people do what they want and God will sort them out." Do I really need to go back through this whole exercise with you again? We wouldn't say that if a woman killed her 1-day old child, so why the hell would we say it if the child is one day prior to birth?! That leads to monstrous results. If you don't want to play God, err on the side of life. We know when human life begins. There is no debate about that. Everything else is just an arbitrary line.

I think that the issue being arguable murky is actually a pretty good reason to throw your hands up and say "eh, let people do what they want and God will sort them out." I just don't agree that anyone is served by jailing people who have abortions. I would agree with you that the government should not be giving tax dollars to institutions that perform them.

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: September 22, 2015, 08:19:04 AM »
Why would you go through the trouble of carrying a baby for 9 months and buying new maternity clothes and getting stretch marks and changing your eating and sleeping habits and all that just to abort the thing when it's halfway out the door?

Fetal anomalies or risks to health of the pregnant woman. Some women don't realize they are pregnant until late in the pregnancy.
Also, some women don't have access to an early abortion that they can afford, so they actually end up paying more for a later term abortion.

Offline Yard Dog

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • I am DC Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: September 22, 2015, 08:33:28 AM »
Why would you go through the trouble of carrying a baby for 9 months and buying new maternity clothes and getting stretch marks and changing your eating and sleeping habits and all that just to abort the thing when it's halfway out the door?

Fetal anomalies or risks to health of the pregnant woman. Some women don't realize they are pregnant until late in the pregnancy.
Also, some women don't have access to an early abortion that they can afford, so they actually end up paying more for a later term abortion.

At that point, why not carry it to term and give it up for adoption?

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: September 22, 2015, 08:39:15 AM »

YEAH WHY NOT

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: September 22, 2015, 08:49:14 AM »

Do you think that women who can't afford an early abortion can afford to be off of work with a pregnancy?

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: September 22, 2015, 08:57:13 AM »
I can kind of see why yard dog takes this so personally.

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • giving new meaning to the term "anger juice"
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: September 22, 2015, 09:31:45 AM »
People have wanted to late term abort him his whole life.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Offline Yard Dog

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • I am DC Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: September 22, 2015, 09:39:23 AM »

Do you think that women who can't afford an early abortion can afford to be off of work with a pregnancy?

I will admit that risk of health to the mother is a definite time for consideration. But in the grand scheme how often is that still an issue? According to a quick bit of research less than 1% of abortions performed are to save the mother's life.

http://www.abortionfacts.com/facts/8

I was responding to your comment that women who can't afford an early term abortion end up paying more for a later term abortion. In that statement I inferred you were saying that the only thing stopping the early term abortion was access to money. In that instance, if you are going to save up for a late term abortion, you are already carrying that baby pretty close to term.

I know it doesn't apply to all jobs, but I have worked with pregnant women on many occasions who work right up until they are due. They were also very healthy in doing so. The argument you should probably be making might be that their should be a requirement for companies to give paid leave for pregnant women. That is much more logical to your argument. Not that this is a sign that abortions should be more readily available.

Offline Yard Dog

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • I am DC Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: September 22, 2015, 09:40:39 AM »

So you are equating late term abortion to murder? Glad to have you on our side Roidy.

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: September 22, 2015, 09:47:56 AM »

I will admit that risk of health to the mother is a definite time for consideration. But in the grand scheme how often is that still an issue? According to a quick bit of research less than 1% of abortions performed are to save the mother's life.

Well late term abortions only make up about 1% of all abortions performed so that is in line with the number you gave.

If your argument is why worry about something that only happens 1% of the time, then why do you even care about late term abortions?

Also, even if (and that's a big IF) a woman can work right up to her due date, then what? She comes back the day after she gave birth? The reality is that low-income women are in jobs that do not have paid maternity leave.

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: September 22, 2015, 09:52:29 AM »

So you are equating late term abortion to murder? Glad to have you on our side Roidy.

it's a recycled south park joke, but i wouldn't expect anyone of your limited cognitive capacity to make the connection. i haven't offered my actual opinion in this thread, and don't plan to.

Offline Yard Dog

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • I am DC Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: September 22, 2015, 10:03:29 AM »

Well late term abortions only make up about 1% of all abortions performed so that is in line with the number you gave.

If your argument is why worry about something that only happens 1% of the time, then why do you even care about late term abortions?

Also, even if (and that's a big IF) a woman can work right up to her due date, then what? She comes back the day after she gave birth? The reality is that low-income women are in jobs that do not have paid maternity leave.

I'll agree that 1% is the same as 1%, but you are comparing apples to oranges. My point is that using the argument that someone who is anti-abortion wants mothers to die is a very weak stance. The vast majority of abortions have nothing to do with saving a mother's life. I will say I support saving a mother's life if there is no way to also save the child's. 

I do not however support the murder of babies who are near their due date just because it happens less rarely than babies being murdered with a few more months until their due date. That is a ridiculous comparison.

I agree that all companies should offer paid maternity leave. I also support the example of several countries who require paid paternity leave so the mother has support from the father during those first important weeks. If defunding planned parenthood meant that it would be impossible to move forward the cause of paid maternity leave you might have a point in this argument, but it doesn't.

Planned parenthood is a speck on the radar of government supported health care for women. Like the link I previously posted mentioned, there are an astronomically larger number of non profit clinics who provide the same services. The difference? Those clinics aren't supporting democratic candidates with millions of dollars. Liberals love to talk about an end to corporate welfare and getting money out of elections, but refuse to defund an organization that makes large donations for democratic political campaigns.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: September 22, 2015, 10:06:42 AM »

:alleyoop:

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: September 22, 2015, 11:11:47 AM »
I agree that all companies should offer paid maternity leave. I also support the example of several countries who require paid paternity leave so the mother has support from the father during those first important weeks.

very popular position among the breeding class.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: September 22, 2015, 11:16:12 AM »
I agree that all companies should offer paid maternity leave. I also support the example of several countries who require paid paternity leave so the mother has support from the father during those first important weeks.

Under Yard Dog's plan of free unlimited maternity leave to ever-Y-body who ever wants to have a kid, if a pregnant woman gets maternity leave but then gives the baby up for adoption, would the adopting mother get maternity leave? Isn't that double dipping? Tons of women out on maternity leave all the time while I (and other people who don't have kids) pay for it.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: September 22, 2015, 11:17:57 AM »
Under Yard Dog's plan of free unlimited maternity leave to ever-Y-body who ever wants to have a kid, if a pregnant woman gets maternity leave but then gives the baby up for adoption, would the adopting mother get maternity leave? Isn't that double dipping? Tons of women out on maternity leave all the time while I (and other people who don't have kids) pay for it.

they'd just pass these leave babies around to each other in circles and no one would ever work.   :curse:
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: September 22, 2015, 12:27:41 PM »

hey yard dog, what do you think is going to happen to the gender wage gap with this plan that you propose?