Author Topic: Thread for Michigancat and Friends to Put Mommyblogs in the Boston Crab  (Read 39879 times)

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
Remember when a running gag on gE was to ask OK Cat if he'd ever photographed weddings? We should resurrect that but with births. Maybe just put "birth photog" under his avatar or something? Just spitballin'.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
to the mom who just wants to feel appreciated

saw the headline and was hoping the text would be "get over yourself" but no it's the memoirs of a martyr and a goddam foot photo that would look terrible on instagram

No one sees us standing in the bathroom scrubbing toilets or trying to get permanent marker off the wall or negotiating with bill collectors on the phone or clipping coupons and trying to tame the three year old while we walk through Target. No one sees us weary at night but awake still working. No one sees all those behind the scenes stuff we do for our kids. Last week I slept in an airport on my way to Nashville for a business trip. It was, well, like sleeping in an airport. But I do it for them.

http://findingjoy.net/to-the-mom-who-wants-to-feel-appreciated/

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

saw the headline and was hoping the text would be "get over yourself" but no it's the memoirs of a martyr and a goddam foot photo that would look terrible on instagram

No one sees us standing in the bathroom scrubbing toilets or trying to get permanent marker off the wall or negotiating with bill collectors on the phone or clipping coupons and trying to tame the three year old while we walk through Target. No one sees us weary at night but awake still working. No one sees all those behind the scenes stuff we do for our kids. Last week I slept in an airport on my way to Nashville for a business trip. It was, well, like sleeping in an airport. But I do it for them.

Get the eff out of here. Not you rusty the overly burdened woman who chose to crap out those kids.

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
She needs to check out the credit card thread and new to investing thread. She must suck at finances if she is negotiating with bill collectors. That has nothing to do with being a mom, that has to do with being very poor with money.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Which group is more into being martyrs? Teachers or internet parents? Or is there another profession with even worse martyr syndrome that I'm forgetting about?  (P.S. Big ups to teachers and/or parents who don't fit into this stereotype. Thankfully most of the people I know who fall into either category avoid those trappings, which I guess is why I hang out with them.)
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
internet parents are worse by far. Teachers have unique challenges. As gooch alluded to, anyone can crap out a baby.

although new brewery owners seem to be pretty martyrish.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
new brewery owners seem to be pretty martyrish.

oooh, good call

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
 :lol:
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Shots fired!
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/sharon-greenthal/mommy-bloggers_b_4717754.html

btw, finally got around to reading that birth photographer one. lololololololololololol.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2015, 02:02:40 PM by SkinnyBenny »

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
Why do Mommy Bloggers use so many words to make a simple thought.

Gonna win 'em all!

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Clearly they don't set out thinking they're gonna win 'em all.

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Why is she bitching about scrubbing toilets? I thought her kid was 10 months old, no way is that shitty brat and his wiggly feet pissing in the toilet already.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Heyheyheyheyhey. This isn't a thread to vilify kids. It's a thread to vilify particularly self-absorbed mommy blogs. (Other types of self-absorbed blogs are also welcome! Which I guess is all of them except this one.)

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
michi, whats a "crunchy mom"?

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
Hippie

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
It's a granola reference I think. It's a hippiesh thing

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
i guess so tho?

A member of an increasingly growing group of moms who are neo-hippies.

They generally believe (for varying reasons) that there is something bad or less beneficial about buying mainstream products or doing other common activities in the mainstream way.

You might be a crunchy mom if you:

...bake all your own bread
...make your own jam, jelly, pickles, applesauce, etc.
...gave birth at home -- by CHOICE! (With a midwife, doula, or unassisted!)
...prefer to teach your children yourself at home instead of letting the public or private schools do it for you.
...grow your own food as much as possible, and buy the rest at farmer's markets or health food stores.
...are vegan or vegetarian.
...choose not to use birth control.
...don't wear a bra or shoes.
...don't use shampoo or soap, but instead maybe sea salt or a variety of other things.
...had your placenta chopped up for an anti-depressant pill or smoothie.
...have no television in your home -- and actually read BOOKS for entertainment!
...grind your own grain to make your own bread with (did you know that wheat looses about 90% of it's nutrients within 7 days of being ground?)
...don't cut your hair or wear pants (not going around half-naked, but wearing skirts! Silly people! Get your mind out of the gutter!)
...can add 10 more things to this list that I didn't even think of!

If it were a spectrum, on the extreme far end you would find Amish.
Mom 1: So after that HORRIBLE experience with the hospital with my first baby, I had my second one at home completely unassisted.

Mom 2: Wow! You're an even crunchier mom than I am! I thought I was pretty crunchy after giving birth at home with a midwife and doula. How many kids do you want to have? And do you plan to homeschool too?

Mom 1: I want to have as many as God blesses me with! We've never used birth control as long as we've been married! And yes! We start homeschooling Darling Daughter number one this Fall!

Mom 2: It's nice to know I'm not the only crazy crunchy mom!

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
i want to learn more about sea salt instead of soap (canadien friend)

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
Puniraptor, I am very smart

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
Puniraptor, I am very smart

what other kinds of moms are there?

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
Why is she bitching about scrubbing toilets? I thought her kid was 10 months old, no way is that shitty brat and his wiggly feet pissing in the toilet already.

I cleaned our toilets a week ago Saturday, and then I went out and mowed a lawn with a heat index of 115 degrees.  Then, later that night, I was up until after midnight doing work for my job.

Does this mean I should take a picture of my feet?