Author Topic: Pizza Thread  (Read 300646 times)

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
Re: Pizza Thread
« Reply #575 on: February 27, 2013, 10:24:12 AM »
how bout those pizza hut sliders huh?

How are they? (relative to other pizza hut stuff)
:adios:

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: February 27, 2013, 10:30:07 AM »

if you like their pan pizza a lot then you will like these. there is that type of crust in basically every bite. i haven't decided whether i feel like there's enough bang for the buck yet though. feels like they're cheating a little bit in terms of pizza per square inch of the box.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: February 27, 2013, 10:32:49 AM »

if you like their pan pizza a lot then you will like these. there is that type of crust in basically every bite. i haven't decided whether i feel like there's enough bang for the buck yet though. feels like they're cheating a little bit in terms of pizza per square inch of the box.

More delicious crispy golden crust per square inch, less mediocre pizza topping per square inch  :billdance:

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: February 27, 2013, 10:33:34 AM »
that pretty much sums it up

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: February 27, 2013, 10:43:15 AM »

i saw that.  i'm interested. 

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Mikeyis4dcats

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pogonophobia: n. a fear of beards
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: February 27, 2013, 10:43:21 AM »
I think we discussed this previously but has anyone used a Pizza Steel?

I've been meaning to have my steel fabricators cut me up a piece of 1/4" steel to try out, but never got around to it.   maybe I'll try to get it done...

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: February 27, 2013, 01:26:32 PM »
Red Baron meat lover's pizza, pull out of the oven after 10 minutes, sprinkle on Frank's hot sauce, let it finish. Very large glass of milk on the side.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: February 27, 2013, 01:53:59 PM »
Red Baron meat lover's pizza, pull out of the oven after 10 minutes, sprinkle on Frank's hot sauce, let it finish. Very large glass of milk on the side.

speaking of which.  my new "go-to" very large milk glass.

http://www.williams-sonoma.com/products/working-glasses-with-lids/

yup, picked up 8 of them.   size?  you guessed it, 21 oz.  i'll polish off two glasses during a good pizza sesh. 

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: February 27, 2013, 01:54:21 PM »

I'm partial to the Sausage and Pepperoni.  Parmesan and red pepper flakes before cooking. Cook with no preheat directly on rack, oven at 425, takes 21 minutes.  Crispy bottom crust, golden brown cheese on top. :lick:  Definitely milk on the side.

Offline GCJayhawker

• Point Plank'r
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: February 27, 2013, 03:48:25 PM »
EMAWblast how much pizza would you say you get in the ten sliders compared to Pizza Hut's other pizza sizes? Is it equivalent to a large?

Offline asava

• goEMAW.com Cultural Ambassador and Fashion Consultant
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • It is inside you
    • View Profile
« Reply #585 on: February 27, 2013, 03:50:13 PM »
EMAWblast how much pizza would you say you get in the ten sliders compared to Pizza Hut's other pizza sizes? Is it equivalent to a large?

how big was the large pizza at your community college cafeteria?

Offline GCJayhawker

• Point Plank'r
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: February 27, 2013, 03:51:38 PM »

how big was the large pizza at your community college cafeteria?

I don't know, never got the pizza.  Stuck with the hamburger and fries combo mostly on the rare times I ate at the cafeteria. Perks of living across from campus is I could just go home for lunch.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: February 27, 2013, 03:52:07 PM »
I think we discussed this previously but has anyone used a Pizza Steel?

I've been meaning to have my steel fabricators cut me up a piece of 1/4" steel to try out, but never got around to it.   maybe I'll try to get it done...

Isn't there a toxicity issue to watch out for here?  I mean, I don't think it can be just any old type of steel.  Could be wrong?  :dunno:

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: February 27, 2013, 03:54:02 PM »

yup, picked up 8 of them.   size?  you guessed it, 21 oz.  i'll polish off two glasses during a good pizza sesh.

My milk glasses are 30-ouncers.  I have three.  Used to have four, but one went missing and I never found it again.  I don't have a link.  I always fill them right to the brim.  Sometimes a little milk spills over, but that's just the price of doing business when you want the full thirty. 
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: February 27, 2013, 03:55:35 PM »
You may have accidentally drank your glass when you were chugging milk and didn't notice.

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: February 27, 2013, 03:57:33 PM »

I used to do the Tobasco on the pie while still cooking, but I found that while not as hot on the mouth that your ass really burns later when you poop.  Probably because you can really go overboard on account of the reduced mouth burn.  You really pay on the back end though.  I've stopped doing that obviously.  Also, I do not like Franks.  Wanted to, but I'm a dedicated Tobasco man on the pies. 
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: February 27, 2013, 03:57:55 PM »

in over all square inches of pizza, it's probably pretty similar to a large pizza. however, as 8mp said, there is much more crust, and far less sauce/cheese/toppings per square inch than a regular pizza. i would definitely advise having a dipping sauce available for all of the crust that you will be eating.

if large pizzas were still 10 dollars, it wouldn't be a contest, go with the large pizza. but with large pizzas costing a little bit more, i'm a little torn as to what the better value is.

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: February 27, 2013, 03:59:27 PM »
You may have accidentally drank your glass when you were chugging milk and didn't notice.

Pretty sure Mrs Bread threw it away.  She doesn't like my milk glasses for some reason.  Trying to get rid of them by attrition, but I know what she's about. 

Offline ksucrcoop

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: February 27, 2013, 04:01:42 PM »
Johnny Jo's Pizzeria on 47th and Liberty in KCMO is now the best pizza in KC.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: February 27, 2013, 04:02:27 PM »

in over all square inches of pizza, it's probably pretty similar to a large pizza. however, as 8mp said, there is much more crust, and far less sauce/cheese/toppings per square inch than a regular pizza. i would definitely advise having a dipping sauce available for all of the crust that you will be eating.

if large pizzas were still 10 dollars, it wouldn't be a contest, go with the large pizza. but with large pizzas costing a little bit more, i'm a little torn as to what the better value is.

:dubious:

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: February 27, 2013, 04:05:15 PM »
i should have clarified, 10 dollar ANY TOPPINGS pizza. i load mine up.

but in terms of $8 2-topping large vs. $10 3-topping sliders, i will definitely go with the $8 2-topping large.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: February 27, 2013, 04:28:07 PM »

had a pie at grinders a couple weeks ago. was delish.

i've eaten a pie at these kc eateries: grinders, d'bronx, minsky's, waldo, italian delight, pizza shop..

where else should i go? what am i missing out on?

i love grinders.  missing from your list is-
original pizza
spin
johnny jo's
bella napoli
jj's

:rolleyes:

johnny jo's has fallen out of favor with me since i first started eating there.  gotta be honest with you pizza bros, a few times it sucked.  then i was like, eff that crap- i'm not walking over there for a pie if it's going to suck so i quit going.  then they closed, then they reopened.  who knows, bros but be careful with Johnny Jo's because you just don't know what level (1-10) pie that he's going to give you.  once it will be a 10, next time a 3, skip ahead a few times then it's a 4, then a 1 then another 10 and an 8.  still have his magnet on my fridge though- ol' time's sake i suppose  :D

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: February 27, 2013, 04:30:09 PM »

My milk glasses are 30-ouncers.  I have three.  Used to have four, but one went missing and I never found it again.  I don't have a link.  I always fill them right to the brim.  Sometimes a little milk spills over, but that's just the price of doing business when you want the full thirty. 

do you know what the term "fabrication of the truth" means because you should get it tattooed across your forehead, honestly i don't think i've read a bigger lie on the entire net.

30oz milk glass.  k.  :lol:  sure thing bread- sure thing.    :bait:

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: February 27, 2013, 04:34:12 PM »
Pizza West tonight guys. 

That place smells like heaven.  :excited:

Offline ksucrcoop

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: February 27, 2013, 04:44:08 PM »

had a pie at grinders a couple weeks ago. was delish.

i've eaten a pie at these kc eateries: grinders, d'bronx, minsky's, waldo, italian delight, pizza shop..

where else should i go? what am i missing out on?

i love grinders.  missing from your list is-
original pizza
spin
johnny jo's
bella napoli
jj's

:rolleyes:

johnny jo's has fallen out of favor with me since i first started eating there.  gotta be honest with you pizza bros, a few times it sucked.  then i was like, eff that crap- i'm not walking over there for a pie if it's going to suck so i quit going.  then they closed, then they reopened.  who knows, bros but be careful with Johnny Jo's because you just don't know what level (1-10) pie that he's going to give you.  once it will be a 10, next time a 3, skip ahead a few times then it's a 4, then a 1 then another 10 and an 8.  still have his magnet on my fridge though- ol' time's sake i suppose  :D

can't argue with that. the three times ive been there I'd give it a 10,6,10. The knots (little bread butter things) are pretty good too. Plus, the guy's high school and Avila fb uniforms are framed and on the wall - which is funny.

I guess I just don't know of many other places capable of 10s in KC.