Author Topic: Pizza Thread  (Read 289288 times)

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
Re: Pizza Thread
« Reply #3025 on: July 26, 2020, 07:05:36 PM »
"going out to eat" when i was a kid for special occasions like birthdays was to pizza hut.  can't be beat for that reason.

Like, the ones with the pizza buffet and salad bar? I've been to many a birthday party at Pizza Hut buffets. Now, I view it with the same disdain as eating at Applebee's.

Probably gonna order a stuffed crust rn, though.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3026 on: July 26, 2020, 11:29:45 PM »
Pizza Hut used to actually be good. When they got purchased by Yum! Brands it became glorified fast food imo.

Knolla’s in Wichita is about as close to old school Pizza Hut as I’ve had since I can remember.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3027 on: July 26, 2020, 11:30:23 PM »
Best ‘za in Wichita imo is Ziggy’s hands down.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3028 on: July 26, 2020, 11:32:15 PM »
 Let’s talk toppings. I’ve always been basic. DonI enjoy a supreme every now and then? Of course! But pepperoni was the standard.

These days tho, give me pepperoni, sausage and mushroom. Oh man!

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #3029 on: July 26, 2020, 11:51:51 PM »
mushroom medley and wakame seaweed (locally caught)

dried fruit and gorgonzola (drizzled with honey)

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #3030 on: July 27, 2020, 09:03:36 AM »
Pizza Shuttle. Pepperoni and black olives. Pack of red pepper. Large Coke. That was my go-to back in Manhattan. Still go back to the basics from time to time especially when I order a stromboli.

Family likes the supreme or meat speciality. We have a couple of local joints that we like. Impellizeri's is my current favorite.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3031 on: July 27, 2020, 09:48:36 AM »
"going out to eat" when i was a kid for special occasions like birthdays was to pizza hut.  can't be beat for that reason.

Like, the ones with the pizza buffet and salad bar? I've been to many a birthday party at Pizza Hut buffets. Now, I view it with the same disdain as eating at Applebee's.

Probably gonna order a stuffed crust rn, though.

my hometown one had a salad bar (no buffet until later). It predated the McDonalds opening. My parents would clip a coupon from the (weekly) local newspaper and we would go quite a bit. Loved Dr. Pepper in those big red plastic glasses.

My parents could always make better salads than me and it infuriated me and for some reason I never asked them what they did differently and it wasn't until I was an adult that I realized they got creamy italian dressing and I always got ranch.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3032 on: July 27, 2020, 11:17:51 AM »
the pizza hut in aggieville had the goat lunch special, $3 for a one topping personal pan, small salad, and a drink w/ free refills.  or maybe it was breadsticks instead of salad.  anyway, it was good

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3033 on: July 27, 2020, 11:36:47 AM »
In my early 20s me and my buds would hit the Ken's Pizza buffet about 3 times a week.

Offline passranch

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #3034 on: July 29, 2020, 11:14:55 AM »
Had Mazzio's for the very first time on a recent trip down to Pittsburg.

It'll probably be the last time, too.

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3035 on: July 29, 2020, 11:32:52 AM »
I've never tasted a pizza that I didn't mostly like.  Like, I've never taken a bite and thought/said 'wow this is gross'.  Obviously I have favorites and less favorites but I've never refused to eat a slice of pizza set before me due to taste.  What is my favorite pizza you might be asking yourself?  Probably a little neighborhood joint up here in St. Joe called Geneo's.  If you're ever in town stop by and grab a slice, you'll be glad you did.

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3036 on: July 29, 2020, 01:23:43 PM »
Keep in mind:  Geneo's is closed on Sundays and Mondays.

Offline waks

• this blog's dick pic expert
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Aggieville's Original Gastropub
    • View Profile
« Reply #3037 on: July 29, 2020, 01:39:26 PM »
I've never tasted a pizza that I didn't mostly like.  Like, I've never taken a bite and thought/said 'wow this is gross'.  Obviously I have favorites and less favorites but I've never refused to eat a slice of pizza set before me due to taste.  What is my favorite pizza you might be asking yourself?  Probably a little neighborhood joint up here in St. Joe called Geneo's.  If you're ever in town stop by and grab a slice, you'll be glad you did.
I have refused to eat certain frozen pizzas and gas station pizzas. There have also been times where Pizza Shuttle was pretty much inedible for me. Other than that I agree.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #3038 on: July 29, 2020, 03:01:39 PM »
No anchovies!!!

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #3039 on: July 29, 2020, 09:06:02 PM »
Hard pass on St Louis pizza and that nasty ass cheese they use.

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3040 on: August 06, 2020, 11:49:42 PM »
I really liked the thin crust dominoes experience I had the other night.

It's very good!

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3041 on: August 06, 2020, 11:50:57 PM »
Whenever I order for myself, I always get pepperoni and jalapenos for toppings. But I've never tasted a pizza, since the age of 6, that I didn't like.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3042 on: August 07, 2020, 08:51:01 AM »
Making some ‘zas tonight for the in-laws. They got me a pizza oven for my birthday a couple years back, now I have to prove it was a worthy investment :runaway:
:adios:

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3043 on: August 07, 2020, 09:02:52 AM »
Making some ‘zas tonight for the in-laws. They got me a pizza oven for my birthday a couple years back, now I have to prove it was a worthy investment :runaway:

What type of pizza are you going to make?

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3044 on: August 07, 2020, 09:13:20 AM »

What type of pizza are you going to make?
I’m generally a pretty basic pizza fan.  San Marzano tomato sauce with some garlic and oregano, low-moisture/full fat mozzarella. Let the basics shine through.  May throw some pepperoni on one.

I am doing a couple of crust types, one dough is a Neapolitan, but I’ve had previous issues with it sticking to the peel. I think I’ve mostly solved that, but out of caution I’m also doing a lower moisture dough that is kind of a higher floor / lower ceiling situation.
:adios:

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #3045 on: August 07, 2020, 09:25:51 AM »
worked at pizza hut through college. think I've ordered pizza hut twice since then. there is such a thing as too much pizza hut

Offline waks

• this blog's dick pic expert
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Aggieville's Original Gastropub
    • View Profile
« Reply #3046 on: August 09, 2020, 01:48:45 PM »
I have a good friend that has worked for Pizza Hut for over a decade. He has relatives that own a bunch in KS and has climbed the Pizza Hut ladder to the point where he gets free Pizza Hut daily (this might be the case for the lowly Pizza Hut employees too--dunno  :dunno:). He eats Pizza Hut or Wing Street at least five times a week.

Offline halfEmpty

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3047 on: August 09, 2020, 04:47:11 PM »
If your pizza sticks on the peel, just put a piece or parchment paper under your za.  Slide it in the oven and after 30 secs to a minute slide the parchment out from under the pizza.  With s dedicated oven though, the temp is prob hot enough it would burn the parchment since your pizzs is likely cooked after 1 min or 2.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3048 on: August 09, 2020, 11:56:23 PM »
No anchovies!!!

I’ve never had anchovies ok pizza

Anyone?

Offline halfEmpty

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3049 on: August 10, 2020, 07:23:18 AM »
Once.  Pizza delivered to our house was wrong, called and they were bringing a new one.  Decided to try it.  Imagine a pizza with a pound of salt on it, about what it tasted like.