Author Topic: ExBruces 2015-16  (Read 84175 times)

Online pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
Re: ExBruces 2015-16
« Reply #325 on: March 09, 2016, 12:53:16 AM »
i'll b honest, all these years i thought u had to do more to get banned. it's hilarious how easily they're threatened by a customer making light of the staff's various biases and inability to actually write

he's a senior writer, no need for him to take lip from customers of your ilk

i've never heard of the guy before these last few posts so after i read your comment above,  i went to his twitter.  the guy does love him some nba.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline pvegs

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: March 09, 2016, 06:47:44 AM »
i'll b honest, all these years i thought u had to do more to get banned. it's hilarious how easily they're threatened by a customer making light of the staff's various biases and inability to actually write

he's a senior writer, no need for him to take lip from customers of your ilk

i've never heard of the guy before these last few posts so after i read your comment above,  i went to his twitter.  the guy does love him some nba.

you're right, clams. i always tell my students to respect their elders and now look at me. simple case of not practicing what you preach. i hope this one year ban teaches me the lesson i need. it's tough but fair, like coach weber.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: March 09, 2016, 07:12:52 AM »

IN my search for Brucey quotes, I found this:

Gasaway said he was asked earlier this season by Kansas State coach oscar Weber why his team ranked so low in the computer ratings.

“I thought he was asking why are we so low in KenPom, and come to find out he was really asking why are we so low in the RPI, which is a much different answer,” Gasaway said.

Leave it to oscar to ask John Gasaway why he's ranked low in RPI

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1556819-the-ken-pomeroy-effect-how-advanced-metrics-have-revolutionized-ncaa-basketball

I don't even....

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: March 09, 2016, 08:28:37 AM »

Gasaway said he was asked earlier this season by Kansas State coach oscar Weber why his team ranked so low in the computer ratings.

“I thought he was asking why are we so low in KenPom, and come to find out he was really asking why are we so low in the RPI, which is a much different answer,” Gasaway said.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1556819-the-ken-pomeroy-effect-how-advanced-metrics-have-revolutionized-ncaa-basketball

I don't even....

I mean, I already knew that our AD knew nothing about college basketball, but I thought/hoped that our head mens basketball coach would at least have some rudimentary knowledge. oh well. 

Offline dmartin

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: March 09, 2016, 09:04:02 AM »
Clearly if you want spin this negatively you can, but the probable facts are that this team is 5 points from being in the NCAA tournament. I think we can score five more points next year with the core we have coming back.

Interesting fact: If you add 2 points to every loss, and take away 2 points from every win, we win those three extra Conference games (by avoiding OT twice and beating Texas) but we also lose games to Georgia and South Carolina State (forcing games into OT, which we lose)

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #330 on: March 09, 2016, 01:09:58 PM »

"To the advanced stats community, associating a site like KenPom.com with the RPI (Ranking Percentage Index)  is like comparing a chef’s work to a cook’s at McDonald's."

To some connoisseurs nuggets are a delicacy.

OH GOD  :rolleyes: so is 2015-16 kenpom Wichita State the chef's burned steak still sent out to the customer?

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: March 09, 2016, 01:15:15 PM »
Weber was let go after compiling 210-101 record over nine seasons, which included six trips to the NCAA tournament and a national runner-up finish in 2005. The Illini went 17-15 and 6-12 in the Big Ten this season, prompting the administration let Weber go with three years left on his contract.

"I'll be honest: We had a young team, six freshmen, one returning starter," Weber said. "The disappointment of a lot of close losses took a toll. It happens."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/03/31/oscar-weber-kansas-state-illinois_n_1394173.html

It sure does, oscar.

Angel's summary of a oscar motivational tactic is, as you would expect, beautiful.

“He gave an example,” guard Angel Rodriguez said, “that we get a lot of Gatorade and liquids in our locker room and guys take two or three and then another guy won’t have any so somebody else has to give it to him because he got more than one. That’s why he says we have to share the juices and that’s the example he gave for the ball, as well. When we share the ball and we play as a team on both ends, we can be really special.”

this rough ridin' guy...

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: March 09, 2016, 04:22:37 PM »
oscar would be a great little league coach

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RUN! Tell all the other curs the Law's coming!
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: March 09, 2016, 11:48:47 PM »
oscar would be a great little league coach

No he wouldn't. He'd blame all the losses on their youth.

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: March 10, 2016, 09:53:16 PM »
I believe we deserve to be in
the NIT.  There's probably a lot of other teams, but we
played a very, very difficult schedule.  We've competed
with everybody outside of the league.  We were very
good
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: March 10, 2016, 09:54:54 PM »
as a team, we do want to play
in the NIT.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: March 10, 2016, 09:55:53 PM »
our record doesn't show as good as we are, but I'm sure that the way we kept up with teams does.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: March 10, 2016, 09:58:55 PM »
They won today, and we had beat them both times, both at their place and our place on the play hard, that's deflections, loose balls, diving on the floor and taking charges.  They are very, very athletic.  There's no doubt it's a factor.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: March 10, 2016, 10:01:01 PM »
you have to wait and see how these other leagues unfold.  I think there's been at least four or five league champions that didn't win their tournament that get in, so each one of those hurts us. But again, we've -- outside the league we were 11-2.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: March 10, 2016, 10:02:35 PM »
I don't know what happened with Texas Tech's R.P.I. after last night, but we thought if they won and stayed in the top 25 R.P.I., we would have 17 of our games were going to be against top 25 R.P.I., so wherever Texas ends up they are 30-something.  We have 17 games in that.  And there's no other team in the country that has had to do that. And we competed with them, and had overtime losses, close losses.

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: March 10, 2016, 10:17:29 PM »
I rough ridin' love how tournaments put out presser transcripts instead of having to rely on what the media types edit and include in their stories.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: March 10, 2016, 10:18:46 PM »
I rough ridin' love how tournaments put out presser transcripts instead of having to rely on what the media types edit and include in their stories.

makes you realize how bad reporters are at their jobs.

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: March 10, 2016, 10:24:47 PM »

makes you realize how bad reporters are at their jobs.

I didn't need the help myself but I still enjoy the documentation of it.

Offline BostonPancake

• Katpak'r
  • I'm all about the T in TSC.
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: March 10, 2016, 10:35:32 PM »
I don't know what happened with Texas Tech's R.P.I. after last night, but we thought if they won and stayed in the top 25 R.P.I., we would have 17 of our games were going to be against top 25 R.P.I., so wherever Texas ends up they are 30-something.  We have 17 games in that.  And there's no other team in the country that has had to do that. And we competed with them, and had overtime losses, close losses.

Damn you Texas and Texas tech!!!  You messed up our banner!  You can't hang a banner for playing 16 teams in the top 25 RPI.  Only 17 and higher.

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #345 on: March 11, 2016, 12:16:52 AM »

Damn you Texas and Texas tech!!!  You messed up our banner!  You can't hang a banner for playing 16 teams in the top 25 RPI.  Only 17 and higher.

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/college/big-12/kansas-state/article65285122.html

Offline Ptolemy

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: March 11, 2016, 12:21:33 AM »
http://www.kansascity.com/sports/college/big-12/kansas-state/article65285122.html

Look at the video. oscar is just a guy that is tickled pink to have a job that pays above his abilities. Anything his teams accomplish is just fine with him.

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RUN! Tell all the other curs the Law's coming!
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: March 11, 2016, 12:25:15 AM »

Look at the video. oscar is just a guy that is tickled pink to have a job that pays above his abilities. Anything his teams accomplish is just fine with him.

Show oscar the door. Now.

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: March 11, 2016, 07:27:07 AM »
Looks like oscar is taking a page out of LHC Bill Snyder's playbook.  I want this framed and in my man cave.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: March 11, 2016, 07:30:58 AM »
Oh my 33
:adios: