Author Topic: SUber Sam  (Read 4115 times)

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: SUber Sam
« Reply #25 on: April 21, 2015, 12:49:05 PM »
All drivers have to have insurance under existing state law, you rubes. Perhaps it's not the amount the legislature wants for uber drivers, and it is almost certainly less than required by cab services (another discussion on how fair competition is). I can't even imagine the backlash and accusations of racism if kansas tried to enforce mandatory "state minimum insurance ID check".

I don't see how the bank should have any say in the matter, and they certainly shouldn't be able to take IC cars as collateral for uber debt. If the driver's borrowed to buy their car, that lien is already on the title.

The law mandates that the uber drivers carry collision coverage more than just liability that the current state law requires. You'd know that if you actually read the article.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #26 on: April 21, 2015, 01:00:22 PM »
All drivers have to have insurance under existing state law, you rubes. Perhaps it's not the amount the legislature wants for uber drivers, and it is almost certainly less than required by cab services (another discussion on how fair competition is). I can't even imagine the backlash and accusations of racism if kansas tried to enforce mandatory "state minimum insurance ID check".

I don't see how the bank should have any say in the matter, and they certainly shouldn't be able to take IC cars as collateral for uber debt. If the driver's borrowed to buy their car, that lien is already on the title.

The law mandates that the uber drivers carry collision coverage more than just liability that the current state law requires. You'd know that if you actually read the article.

You realize collision only insures the driver's vehicle, right? That's the bankers part of this. Obviously that part of the law is stupid. Good grief.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 21, 2015, 01:08:55 PM »

You realize collision only insures the driver's vehicle, right? That's the bankers part of this. Obviously that part of the law is stupid. Good grief.

I'd imagine there is some difference in what the insurance would pay toward the medical bills of the passengers you are driving around as well. I'm not sure, though. All I know about this bill is that it had nearly unanimous support from the house and senate, and now it is vetoed and it will be hilarious if congress can't find the votes to override it.

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 21, 2015, 01:12:42 PM »
Now that you're mandated to have medical insurance, it shouldn't matter if you have coverage for your passenger.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 21, 2015, 01:18:59 PM »

I'd imagine there is some difference in what the insurance would pay toward the medical bills of the passengers you are driving around as well. I'm not sure, though. All I know about this bill is that it had nearly unanimous support from the house and senate, and now it is vetoed and it will be hilarious if congress can't find the votes to override it.

I'm sure they'll lose some votes but it's so overwhelming that I can't see them losing that many. They are 8 votes clear in the senate and 23 votes clear in the house. They could lose 20 percent of the entire legislature and still be good.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 21, 2015, 01:19:59 PM »
Now that you're mandated to have medical insurance, it shouldn't matter if you have coverage for your passenger.

You're kidding, right?

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 21, 2015, 02:30:45 PM »

I'd imagine there is some difference in what the insurance would pay toward the medical bills of the passengers you are driving around as well. I'm not sure, though.

That's called liability insurance, and it's required by law (I think state minimum is still 25/50/25). How do people not know this crap?

Online 06wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 21, 2015, 04:33:01 PM »

I'd imagine there is some difference in what the insurance would pay toward the medical bills of the passengers you are driving around as well. I'm not sure, though.

That's called liability insurance, and it's required by law (I think state minimum is still 25/50/25). How do people not know this crap?

Personal liability insurance is different than commercial liability insurance for vehicles.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 21, 2015, 04:36:02 PM »

Personal liability insurance is different than commercial liability insurance for vehicles.

No crap.

Online 06wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 21, 2015, 06:56:09 PM »
Then stop acting like the state mandate for personal liability insurance is adequate, dumbass.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 21, 2015, 08:07:05 PM »
Then stop acting like the state mandate for personal liability insurance is adequate, dumbass.

dumbass

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 23, 2015, 04:00:02 PM »
uber sent me an email about rolling out in manhattan starting TODAY! and they thanked brownie personally!

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 23, 2015, 04:01:23 PM »

Online mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 23, 2015, 06:10:03 PM »
wtf are they trying to say with that big boring rectangle

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 23, 2015, 06:24:07 PM »
I tried three times to unhighlight it before realizing that's just what color it is
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite