Author Topic: SUber Sam  (Read 4113 times)

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
SUber Sam
« on: April 20, 2015, 06:30:35 PM »
I love living in an anti-nanny state. Brownback vetos bill adding regulations to Uber

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
Re: SUber Sam
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2015, 06:36:16 PM »
yup, background checks and insurance are stifling innovation
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2015, 06:41:29 PM »
some great quotes from scott schwab in there tho  :love:

Online Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2015, 07:04:02 PM »
Suck it, Jeff Longbine from emporia

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2015, 07:06:02 PM »
some great quotes from scott schwab in there tho  :love:

Yeah, he seems pretty pissed off.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2015, 07:39:38 PM »
good for brownback.  i'm glad to see him get one right.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2015, 10:04:03 PM »
What kind of cretin isn't a fan of uber????

Oh, 7 is
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2015, 10:44:18 AM »

yes, agreed

Online Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2015, 11:40:07 AM »
Question is can a Kansas uber take me to the plaza?

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2015, 11:46:32 AM »

yes, agreed

I thought the same until I read the article and saw his excuse for the veto was that the background check requirement that the industry places on itself, in his words, goes farther than the requirements in this bill. If that's the case I don't understand why uber lobbied so hard against it and why it needed to be vetoed. Doesn't matter though the veto will be easily overridden.

I need to know why you guys think that not having convicted sex offenders picking up non-suspecting potential victims and making sure drivers have more than liability insurance is the wrong thing?

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2015, 11:49:18 AM »

yes, agreed

I thought the same until I read the article and saw his excuse for the veto was that the background check requirement that the industry places on itself, in his words, goes farther than the requirements in this bill. If that's the case I don't understand why uber lobbied so hard against it and why it needed to be vetoed. Doesn't matter though the veto will be easily overridden.

I need to know why you guys think that not having convicted sex offenders picking up non-suspecting potential victims and making sure drivers have more than liability insurance is the wrong thing?

I'm not sure how easily the veto can be overridden. I doubt most of those who voted for it the first time around were aware that Brownback opposed it. Now that they know, I expect some of them will change their vote.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2015, 11:50:52 AM »
I don't know much about the insurance aspect, but I kinda think a background check requirement for drivers seems like a good idea. Was there anything else in the bill?

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2015, 11:53:56 AM »

yes, agreed

I have read there is a concern that a background check performed by the state could be accessed as a public record by insurance companies and Uber drivers will get their policies cancelled.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2015, 11:54:34 AM »
I don't know much about the insurance aspect, but I kinda think a background check requirement for drivers seems like a good idea. Was there anything else in the bill?

No

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2015, 11:56:13 AM »
I don't really know anything about it, but know that I know brownback opposes it, I support it.
-libtard

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2015, 11:56:22 AM »

yes, agreed

I have read there is a concern that a background check performed by the state could be accessed as a public record by insurance companies and Uber drivers will get their policies cancelled.

ah, that makes sense. It also makes sense that insurance companies want to know if their policy holders are driving for Uber.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2015, 11:58:11 AM »

yes, agreed

Yeah if they have been popped for possession or dui or violent felonies that's probably a good thing. I doubt they will pull insurance for petty thieves.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2015, 11:59:31 AM »
I don't really know anything about it, but know that I know brownback opposes it, I support it.
-libtard

Hilariously ironic given that you didn't read the article

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2015, 12:23:39 PM »

yes, agreed

ah, that makes sense. It also makes sense that insurance companies want to know if their policy holders are driving for Uber.

I don't think it should matter if you're delivering pizza or people. No different than neighborhood car pool.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2015, 12:26:09 PM »
-libtard

Hilariously ironic given that you didn't read the article

A conjectural and unfounded attack. Way to stay in character.

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2015, 12:32:46 PM »

yes, agreed

I don't think it should matter if you're delivering pizza or people. No different than neighborhood car pool.

Quite a bit different than carpooling really

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2015, 12:33:54 PM »
well, I can see why you don't need a background check for a pizza delivery guy, but I think an insurance company would also like to know if their drivers are delivering pizza.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2015, 12:34:34 PM »
All drivers have to have insurance under existing state law, you rubes. Perhaps it's not the amount the legislature wants for uber drivers, and it is almost certainly less than required by cab services (another discussion on how fair competition is). I can't even imagine the backlash and accusations of racism if kansas tried to enforce mandatory "state minimum insurance ID check".

I don't see how the bank should have any say in the matter, and they certainly shouldn't be able to take IC cars as collateral for uber debt. If the driver's borrowed to buy their car, that lien is already on the title.

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2015, 12:35:58 PM »

yes, agreed

Quite a bit different than carpooling really

Didn't peg you as a Big Insurance guy.

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2015, 12:37:09 PM »
Car insurance isn't immoral