Author Topic: Nigel Gone  (Read 102817 times)

Online pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
Re: Nigel Gone
« Reply #650 on: April 09, 2015, 02:06:56 PM »
Spradling and Nino were gone if Frank came back and Willie Cauly was not going to come and play for Frank and neither was Ojele

I thought it was common knowledge that Frank and MoKan had burned a bridge.  Maybe I'm dreaming that.

Yep, Frank unloaded on Suther.

hmmm, that's not what caused the rift b/w mokan and frank.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: April 09, 2015, 02:07:54 PM »
Spradling and Nino were gone if Frank came back and Willie Cauly was not going to come and play for Frank and neither was Ojele

I thought it was common knowledge that Frank and MoKan had burned a bridge.  Maybe I'm dreaming that.

What is the root?

Offline yoman

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: April 09, 2015, 02:14:17 PM »
The lengths some people will go to support Weber, no matter what, is effin incredible.  What will be next?

Me: oscar's crap does indeed smell like crap
PDave: I'm sure it smells great.  You're just saying it stinks because you wish Frank was still here.

Why do you subject yourself to the tucks at the rate you do?
I think this yoman guy is on to something....

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: April 09, 2015, 02:20:16 PM »
The lengths some people will go to support Weber, no matter what, is effin incredible.  What will be next?

PDave: I'm sure it smells great.  You're just saying it stinks because you wish Frank was still here.
you sir have some reading to do. its goEMAW.com

Offline the angry young man

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: April 09, 2015, 02:40:13 PM »
I once believed in causes too, had my pointless point of view.  Life went on no matter who was wrong or right...

Nice work.  And thanks to everyone else who gave answers, even though they weren't as entertaining as Spracne's. 

Offline AggievilleVeteran

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: April 09, 2015, 02:55:29 PM »
Long time lurker, first time poster.

I'm seeing a lot of comparisons being made between what's going on with oscar Weber right now and the rumors surrounding Frank Martin's departure, which is fair to some degree, but I feel it needs to be pointed out that the rumors of players threatening to leave under Martin were never anything more than that -- just rumors. 

In the last few weeks oscar Weber has either lost or removed four active players in the same year that he's graduated two seniors (let's hope it doesn't get any worse), which means that unless Weber is somehow going to steal recruits that are already signed to other programs or convince players who are making their final choices between two or three schools at this point to all of a sudden consider coming to Manhattan, we're screwed for next season (and probably the season after).

A lot of us have waited decades to see the Wildcats turn their program around, and it's incredibly frustrating to see a coach come in like this after years of progress and wipe it all away in an instant, which is exactly what every Illinois fan said he'd do when he came here.  The rumors around Martin's departure happened during a year that he took our team to the NCAA tournament.  Weber is cutting the few solid players that he has during a year where he wasn't even able to get them to the NIT.

Weber might surprise us all and pull out enough wins to get an NCAA bid next year, or maybe even another Big 12 title -- I'd love for nothing more than that to happen.  But as someone who learned his lesson by supporting Ron Prince for a lot longer than I ever should have, I'd ask those of you still defending Weber what it's going to take before your allegiance switches from what's best for him back to what's best for the men's basketball program?

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: April 09, 2015, 02:57:35 PM »
if oscar wins a big 12 title next year, i would be okay with giving him a 20 year extension. just for the hilarity of it.

Offline KsJoey

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: April 09, 2015, 02:58:03 PM »

Just fighting the fight...can't stand tucks with blinders on, putting Weber on a pedestal after a 15-17 season, without doing my best Chuck Norris roundhouse impersonation against that pedestal.  I don't hate Weber, but I do hate the crap he's been putting out.

Online pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: April 09, 2015, 02:58:53 PM »

What is the root?

frank recruiting over will, suther found out/got pissed, frank said shut up dork

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline yoman

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: April 09, 2015, 03:43:52 PM »

Just fighting the fight...can't stand tucks with blinders on, putting Weber on a pedestal after a 15-17 season, without doing my best Chuck Norris roundhouse impersonation against that pedestal.  I don't hate Weber, but I do hate the crap he's been putting out.

I understand that aspect, and do some myself under a previous screen name. But crap, the rate you post over there would drive the sane mad.in regards to hating oscar, no one really hates oscar, they hate losing. If we were maintaining program success with tournament wins under him, his awkward points would just be funny. But we aren't winning. We are rough ridin' horrible, and oscar is blaming anyone he can find outside of himself. It honestly wouldn't surprise me if he (arguably rightly) blames Currie for Marcus and Tre being kicked off next year.
I think this yoman guy is on to something....

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #660 on: April 09, 2015, 03:48:02 PM »
also, the spradling led exodus was just the spradlings

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: April 09, 2015, 04:09:21 PM »
Ignore the misdirection/straw man argument that you "hate" KSU or oscar if you aren't saddling up and riding to oscar's defense.  It is their broke dik method of coping with gE being right.

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #662 on: April 09, 2015, 04:42:53 PM »
Tuck Nation aka The Purple Mafia is certifiably off the deep end at this juncture.

#tucknation

A lot of Folgers is being drank and a lot of BVD's are getting stretched pretty good underneath those polo shirts they bought at Bass Pro Shop.

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: April 09, 2015, 04:45:56 PM »

How does the mass exodus from oscar compare with what could have happened with the Spradling-led mess with Frank?  I never was able to get any reliable info about that so I always assumed that it wouldn't have really happened, or if it did, it would have just been losers like Spradling who would have quit the team.

Can someone answer this, or if it's been discussed in an old thread post a link to it?  Thanks in advance for your anticipated cooperation.  :impatient:

Is there a reason why this question has been ignored?  Do you guys not want to answer it?  Or do non-regulars just get ignored around here?  :dunno:
FYI, I get ignored a lot. It makes me tougher/better.

Gonna win 'em all!

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: April 09, 2015, 05:03:00 PM »
I feel like some of these kids could have been EMAW hero's if they would have just joined hands and knocked on Currie's door.  :dunno:

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: April 09, 2015, 05:03:23 PM »
Long time lurker, first time poster.

I'm seeing a lot of comparisons being made between what's going on with oscar Weber right now and the rumors surrounding Frank Martin's departure, which is fair to some degree, but I feel it needs to be pointed out that the rumors of players threatening to leave under Martin were never anything more than that -- just rumors. 

In the last few weeks oscar Weber has either lost or removed four active players in the same year that he's graduated two seniors (let's hope it doesn't get any worse), which means that unless Weber is somehow going to steal recruits that are already signed to other programs or convince players who are making their final choices between two or three schools at this point to all of a sudden consider coming to Manhattan, we're screwed for next season (and probably the season after).

A lot of us have waited decades to see the Wildcats turn their program around, and it's incredibly frustrating to see a coach come in like this after years of progress and wipe it all away in an instant, which is exactly what every Illinois fan said he'd do when he came here.  The rumors around Martin's departure happened during a year that he took our team to the NCAA tournament.  Weber is cutting the few solid players that he has during a year where he wasn't even able to get them to the NIT.

Weber might surprise us all and pull out enough wins to get an NCAA bid next year, or maybe even another Big 12 title -- I'd love for nothing more than that to happen.  But as someone who learned his lesson by supporting Ron Prince for a lot longer than I ever should have, I'd ask those of you still defending Weber what it's going to take before your allegiance switches from what's best for him back to what's best for the men's basketball program?

welcome to go emaw dot com

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: April 09, 2015, 07:15:45 PM »
If oscar can survive this adversity, I think he will have earned the nickname the Teflon prawn

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: April 09, 2015, 11:14:36 PM »

Angel was going to go home.

You have a tendency of passing your wild ass speculation, soaked in bias,  off as fact.

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RUN! Tell all the other curs the Law's coming!
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: April 10, 2015, 12:54:19 AM »
Someone on BOTC is saying that the defections aren't over.  I honestly can't say if it's real or not because he hasn't passed along real info before.

We're deducing that it's Malek, but who knows?

I'd be surprised if the defections aren't over. #BruceDeservesDefections

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RUN! Tell all the other curs the Law's coming!
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: April 10, 2015, 12:57:13 AM »
Is there any scenario in which John Currie steps in and makes a move this off-season? Like, will he just sit back and watch the entire roster disolve? We've already lost seven players from the beginning of last season. DJamer probably won't play basketball again, so that's most likely eight. If Malek or Wes transfer, then that's nine. Heard rumblings that Bolden won't be good to go at the start of next season, and probably would have already been oscar'd had oscar not already lost over half his roster. This is legitimately (numbers wise, not the murder-y cheat-y coverup-y aspects) starting to resemble 2003 Baylor.

No. Currie won't make a move unless oscar is convicted of a major crime. And I don't think oscar will commit such a crime.

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: April 10, 2015, 06:54:34 AM »
Tuck Nation aka The Purple Mafia is certifiably off the deep end at this juncture.

#tucknation

They're in full on year five Jim Wooldridge irrational defense mode.

Funny how history repeats itself.

Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: April 10, 2015, 07:33:55 AM »
Shane was going to get Franked and Angel was going to go home.

:lol:

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: April 10, 2015, 10:39:09 AM »
Alas, (as always) the D. Scott Fritchen doctrine of:  Never, ever blame the coach(es). Has rooted itself firmly (once again) into the marrow of PM/TN #tucknation. 

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: April 10, 2015, 10:40:19 AM »
Really? On Twitter he seems to be taking subtle jabs at Weber.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: April 10, 2015, 10:46:28 AM »
Really? On Twitter he seems to be taking subtle jabs at Weber.

Yeah, its as critical as I've even seen D Scott at a coach and he started in toward the middle of the season. Granted, he's not calling for him to be fired immediately, but I wouldn't say he's been anything close to "never blame the coaches". At least not on twitter.