Author Topic: Nigel Gone  (Read 102812 times)

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
Re: Nigel Gone
« Reply #525 on: April 08, 2015, 12:34:51 PM »
i don't blame Gip at all. BUT, what in the hell is a fan base's response supposed to be in this situation? to me there are three options:

1. eff those players!
2. eff this coach!
3. Meh, don't care.

2 seems the most appropriate given the track record of the coach.

you guys ever make a post where you kinda typed it out and clicked Post without thinking about it very much?

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: April 08, 2015, 12:36:23 PM »
i don't blame Gip at all. BUT, what in the hell is a fan base's response supposed to be in this situation? to me there are three options:

1. eff those players!
2. eff this coach!
3. Meh, don't care.

2 seems the most appropriate given the track record of the coach.

you guys ever make a post where you kinda typed it out and clicked Post without thinking about it very much?

All the time. Then I immediately click Modify and frantically try to change/correct before people see it.

Offline DOD Take 2

• Combo-Fan
  • Corndogs Jackie! Corndogs for all these people!
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: April 08, 2015, 12:41:10 PM »
The talking point that players always throw out about not being a true fan if you say they suck is such crap. Every team has a few players that say this whenever things go south and people recognize that the team sucks.

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: April 08, 2015, 12:47:58 PM »
Also, no one is saying "well, I'm going to quit being a K-State fan now". People are just ticked off because a trainwreck is happening right before their eyes.

The train wreck was 4 months ago, we are just looking through the wreckage now.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: April 08, 2015, 12:51:26 PM »
The talking point that players always throw out about not being a true fan if you say they suck is such crap. Every team has a few players that say this whenever things go south and people recognize that the team sucks.
The issue is that players see this as an attack on their ability when its really a commentary about the program.  Everyone knows Westicles is a good player with an intriguing skill set, and I think that is what Gip at heart is defending.
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline the angry young man

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: April 08, 2015, 12:53:26 PM »
How does the mass exodus from oscar compare with what could have happened with the Spradling-led mess with Frank?  I never was able to get any reliable info about that so I always assumed that it wouldn't have really happened, or if it did, it would have just been losers like Spradling who would have quit the team.

Can someone answer this, or if it's been discussed in an old thread post a link to it?  Thanks in advance for your anticipated cooperation.  :impatient:

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #531 on: April 08, 2015, 12:58:09 PM »
The train wreck was 4 months ago, we are just looking through the wreckage now.

Someone found and just up and walked away with a slightly used Nigel Johnson.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: April 08, 2015, 01:00:00 PM »
Blair Kerkhoff @BlairKerkhoff
Odds to win 2016 hoop title, from @BovadaLV UNC 6/1, UK 8/1, Md/UVa 12/1, KU/Duke 16/1, ISU 18/1, Shox 50/1, Mizzou 100/1, KState 150/1

The MU has better odds to win than we do part is very horrifying.  An MU fan I know told me yesterday that their leading rebounder and scorer is transferring out this year.  Already announced without having found another school yet.  Just wants out.  Given that and the amazingly horrible year they just had and they are 50/1 stronger of odds than we are.   :Wha:

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: April 08, 2015, 01:03:15 PM »
Nigel Johnson @TakingFlight_23  ·  1h 1 hour ago
After much deliberation, I say farewell. Thank you to my KSU coaches, my teammates,  KSU community, to all my fans & supporters. #EMAW

How do you deliberate being kicked off?  something doesn't add up here guys... :raccoon:

technically, i think he just deliberated upon whether or not to say farewell.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: April 08, 2015, 01:05:49 PM »
yeah but oscar is white and midwestern and meek and frank isn't any of those things.

i always hate myself when i correct these posts.  but i hate even more that people post ignorant stuff and it goes uncorrected.

cuban is a nationality, latino is an ethnicity.  neither are races.  frank martin is of european (principally or entirely) ancestry.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: April 08, 2015, 01:11:12 PM »
yeah but oscar is white and midwestern and meek and frank isn't any of those things.

i always hate myself when i correct these posts.  but i hate even more that people post ignorant stuff and it goes uncorrected.

cuban is a nationality, latino is an ethnicity.  neither are races.  frank martin is of european (principally or entirely) ancestry.
i always get race and ethnicity mixed up and i'm not sure i understand the difference right now

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: April 08, 2015, 01:14:54 PM »
i always get race and ethnicity mixed up and i'm not sure i understand the difference right now

white midwesterner.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: April 08, 2015, 01:15:14 PM »
there's only like 3 races

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: April 08, 2015, 01:22:06 PM »
I was hoping that people were wrong about this, because it just felt to me like once Nigel got the nod he played pretty well overall at the end of the season.   I feel like if oscar didn't mump him up completely that he could have developed into a solid player and contributor game in/out.

Offline renocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: April 08, 2015, 01:25:14 PM »
Kinda hate to see Nigel transferring as I saw at Verbal Commit.   Does that open the possibility Of Old Spice playing?  We should get a European player with a big long name that causes Wyatt to spit all over Stan when he is pronouncing it.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #540 on: April 08, 2015, 01:29:57 PM »
Kinda hate to see Nigel transferring as I saw at Verbal Commit.   Does that open the possibility Of Old Spice playing?  We should get a European player with a big long name that causes Wyatt to spit all over Stan when he is pronouncing it.

had one

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: April 08, 2015, 01:31:18 PM »
This is old news.  I read all about it this morning.  One could hardly imagine my surprise as I fired up the old pc this morning and netscape navigated over to www.virginiapreps.com, as I do every morning for my sports takes.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: April 08, 2015, 01:31:45 PM »

would love to see old spice getting minutes next season.  if we make the national championship game he could our grayson allen since they're both white europeans

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: April 08, 2015, 01:34:18 PM »

yes, you should definitely hate yourself for this.  oscar is self-subjectively (new term) "white" the same way frank isn't.  It's as much a state of mind as anything.  Maybe a lifestyle. 
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: April 08, 2015, 01:35:28 PM »
also of note, grayson didn't start getting minutes until after rasheed sulaimon (rapist) was kicked off the team
                  old spice                                                   marcus foster (pot addict)

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: April 08, 2015, 01:49:36 PM »
Our favorite DJamer:

Social media continues to make it increasingly difficult to be a K-State fan. Far too much criticism & hate constantly being spewed in the wrong directions with little to no insight or basis for such behavior. It's constant and it's ridiculous and it's all happening because pointing a finger from behind a computer/phone is easy and, often times, anonymous.
Questioning in-game decisions, play calls, etc. is one thing. Belittling a coach, coaching staff, or player because you think you know the "real story" is completely another. It's sad and the whole thing has become an awful representation of the K-State fan base.
Passionate? No. This isn't passion. It's immature and idiotic because if fans had it their way, we'd have new players and new coaches every other day.
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: April 08, 2015, 01:51:36 PM »
 :facepalm:

Offline #LIFE

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: April 08, 2015, 01:52:14 PM »
Our favorite DJamer:

Social media continues to make it increasingly difficult to be a K-State fan. Far too much criticism & hate constantly being spewed in the wrong directions with little to no insight or basis for such behavior. It's constant and it's ridiculous and it's all happening because pointing a finger from behind a computer/phone is easy and, often times, anonymous.
Questioning in-game decisions, play calls, etc. is one thing. Belittling a coach, coaching staff, or player because you think you know the "real story" is completely another. It's sad and the whole thing has become an awful representation of the K-State fan base.
Passionate? No. This isn't passion. It's immature and idiotic because if fans had it their way, we'd have new players and new coaches every other day.

I bet it was passion when Frank was on the bench

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: April 08, 2015, 01:53:59 PM »
A little more:

:popcorn:

Here's what it says: Nigel probably wanted more playing time - Jevon wanted to be close to home - Marcus and Tre were absolute cancers to the locker room. But yes, let's set our targets on oscar and his staff.
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline PIPE

• Katpak'r
  • Always a pessimist
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: April 08, 2015, 01:55:59 PM »
i'm somewhat surprised by some people's reactions to this news.
most of us here had already decided that neither jevon, nor nigel, were skilled enough to play high major basketball.
i'm happy he's going somewhere else, he's getting good advice from somebody

2 responses to this:

1.will we be able to field a team next year?
2.what kind of player are we going to find, this late in the game, that is equal to or better that Nigel?
Awaiting the inevitable KITN