Author Topic: Nigel Gone  (Read 102811 times)

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Nigel Gone
« Reply #325 on: March 31, 2015, 08:07:24 AM »
I really enjoy his version of buy in or quit. 
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline The Whale

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: March 31, 2015, 08:23:57 AM »
Guys, maybe Nigel's locker is just in another room, on another floor, in another building. 

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: March 31, 2015, 08:26:07 AM »
If I speculate will you guys thank me and give me money?

Because I'll do it.
how many bowling shirts do you own?

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: March 31, 2015, 08:59:51 AM »
i hated the prince hire, could see right through his bs.  although in full disclosure i did start a thread the night of the texas win (i was boozed) entitled "I BELIEVE".  prob the low point of my bbs life.

http://goEMAW.com/archives/index.php?topic=16568.msg210048#msg210048

Mich was on board too.

totally. I still love the philosophy behind the Prince hire, he just turned out to be a crazy kook and I was fine with letting him go.

My first attempt at bbs'n was on KSUFans directly after we won at texas. Screen Name "Prince's Jester", I was all in man.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: March 31, 2015, 09:07:54 AM »
lol at the idea that nigel doesn't want to compete for playing time if he transfers and he's not just trying to get as far away from this staff as possible

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #330 on: March 31, 2015, 09:20:39 AM »
lol at the idea that nigel doesn't want to compete for playing time if he transfers and he's not just trying to get as far away from this staff as possible
this was the same story floated out when Angel left as well....

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: March 31, 2015, 09:25:34 AM »
I've checked my sources and I wouldn't be surprised if he stays or transfers.  try not to share this info though, thanks

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: March 31, 2015, 09:29:53 AM »
 thanks for all you do for us, dickstone.

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: March 31, 2015, 09:34:10 AM »
this was the same story floated out when Angel left as well....
Jevon was coming!

Offline 1863

• Combo-Fan
  • John Currie is a beautiful human bean.
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: March 31, 2015, 09:45:59 AM »
Does anyone know what schools he is looking at? Could someone go scope their lockers and check for his name?

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: March 31, 2015, 09:47:38 AM »
Does anyone know what schools he is looking at? Could someone go scope their lockers and check for his name?
St. Johns or Providence

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: March 31, 2015, 09:49:25 AM »
Dayton, he loves airplanes.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: March 31, 2015, 10:05:13 AM »

Because I'll do it.

How many will it take?

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: March 31, 2015, 10:07:57 AM »

Because I'll do it.

How many will it take?
all of them

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: March 31, 2015, 10:13:40 AM »

Because I'll do it.

How many will it take?
all of them

Welp, better hit the thrift shops today. 

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: March 31, 2015, 11:53:34 AM »
It's amazing how much more patience GOSP has for oscar than he had for Prince. Like shocking really, he was gunning to Prince to be fired essentially as soon as he was hired.  But he still needs more time to figure out ole oscar-y boy. 

And its doubly ironic that he pulls this "I don't hate the program enought..." BS when he was rooting for the football team to lose because he wanted Prince out.

Oh my. I hated the Prince hire, yes. My argument was he was horribly unqualified. (Less qualified than Snyder when we hired him, even though our program was in a much better place, was how I put it.) I've argued in lots of posts that I prefer hiring coaches who have experience. I made the same argument against hiring Venables until he proved himself at Clemson in my eyes. I thought the whole Doug Gottlieb thing was a joke for the same reason.

But sure, stir the pot and label me a racist, bad person. (Sorry filter is on at work.)
So it was OK for you to have the opinion that Prince was a terrible hire and to not give him a chance because a) you didn't like the hire and b) didn't like his personality, but people who thought Weber was a terrible hire and didn't give him the full chance you think he should have received (and still should be getting) "hate oscar so much they want the program to fail"?

I doubt race has much part to play in your stance on this, but it all has to do with the fact that you liked oscar, liked what he stood for, liked the type of basketball you think he idealizes while you didn't like Prince, what he stood for, the style of football he played.   You didn't wait for Prince to fail two years in a row.

Well thanks for walking back your position a bit to the point where you're accusing me of being only somewhat racist, and calling it a stylistic difference. You're still overstating the matter though, and still an bad person for doing so. You don't know me.

What Prince stood for? I had no opinion on what Prince "stood for." Winning and losing coaches come in all types. rough ridin' hell man, I don't even know what to write to you. Once you level an accusation like that online there's no way to respond appropriately. That I had friends of many different races and religions growing up and didn't even realize it? Including my best friend as a kid? True, but "that's what a racist would say!" That I've lived comfortably in neighborhoods in Brooklyn where whites were about a 2% minority? True, but "that's how a racist would defend himself." That I've been employed as a community advocate for underpriviliged communities of color? Yes, but "he hated Prince, ipso facto RACIST!"

Okay fine, FIRE WEBER NOW! BURN IT DOWN! Am I edgy now? Am I not a racist anymore?

My arguments for oscar had nothing to do with style. I didn't know jack crap about his style when he was hired, I just knew his win-loss numbers, so I relied on those. Whatever, man. Whatever.

Can we get back to the discussion of what a great overreaction this was? I don't think it received enough attention. :D

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: March 31, 2015, 12:13:22 PM »
He should go to George Washington.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: March 31, 2015, 12:14:42 PM »
He should go to George Washington.
Oh man, I'm good.

http://sports.yahoo.com/tcu/basketball/recruiting/player-Nigel-Johnson-111414

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: March 31, 2015, 12:50:04 PM »
It's silly to speculate because NONE OF US know what is going on but this could be just as simple as Nigel's nameplate falling off his locker.  Not trying to sugarcoat anything but adhesives and mechanical fasteners are funny things and if his nameplate wasn't affixed properly it could have easily fallen off.  I'm sure there is a logical explanation.
Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: March 31, 2015, 12:57:09 PM »
It's silly to speculate because NONE OF US know what is going on but this could be just as simple as Nigel's nameplate falling off his locker.  Not trying to sugarcoat anything but adhesives and mechanical fasteners are funny things and if his nameplate wasn't affixed properly it could have easily fallen off.  I'm sure there is a logical explanation. If I had to guess, maybe, well then again we arent hearing much so I dont know.
ftfy as spoken by fitz

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #345 on: March 31, 2015, 01:13:11 PM »
the best thing is the posts following that thanking fitz for working so hard. he is the bitb at tuck talk

Some absolute gems.

I enjoyed this one immensely.

Shawn63200

Post #9852
Phoenix via KC and Seneca, KS

Re: Thank you for working the story & addressing our endless questions   
Thanks Brett.

Getting info out of KSU isn't always very easy.
Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: March 31, 2015, 01:15:02 PM »

the best thing is the posts following that thanking fitz for working so hard. he is the bitb at tuck talk

Some absolute gems.

I enjoyed this one immensely.

Shawn63200

Post #9852
Phoenix via KC and Seneca, KS

Re: Thank you for working the story & addressing our endless questions   
Thanks Brett.

Getting info out of KSU isn't always very easy.
Of course it's the only idiot from Seneca.

Gonna win 'em all!

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: March 31, 2015, 01:18:20 PM »
This one was also particularly delightful.

funster

Post #2594
Fairway

Thank you for working the story & addressing our endless questions

It may be "your job", but it's greatly appreciated, nonetheless.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: March 31, 2015, 01:24:35 PM »
Anyone else even mildly concerned about our APR with losing half of our scholarship players?

Offline #LIFE

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: March 31, 2015, 01:27:00 PM »
Anyone else even mildly concerned about our APR with losing half of our scholarship players?

lapriq, does that mean we would have to shut the program down? Because I might be ok with that