Author Topic: RIP Dylan Meier...maybe don't read this...we had some critical "feedback"  (Read 53947 times)

Online Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
I'm not sure how many shots he took, but I assume OK Cat was about 2-15 in this thread.  Seems like a lot of shots, but once the PC police came out, you knew he was taking every one of them

No question.  OK_Cat isn't going down with one left in the chamber. 

Offline Dirty Sanchez

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile

Holy crap.  I'm positive I stood on that rock when I hiked there last June.   :eek: :ohno:  It's a fair distance back to the trailhead and there wasn't a whole lot of cell coverage in that area.  Not that there was probably anything that could have been done.  94' is actually a fairly short drop in that area.  A good portion of the trail walks near the edge of that cliff with the end of the trail at Whittaker Point (aka Hawksbill crag).  Its probably closer to 200' there.  The only chance he would have had is to have been slowed by trees, but that would have been a longshot.

Offline Andy

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Last thing that went through his brain?  Prob like his tibia or fibula.
The EMT's fingers?

"crap now a few anonymous KSU messageboarders are going to make fun of me and my football abilities even more than when I was alive."

Offline Pett

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • KLI GOD
    • View Profile

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
In all honesty, I am more than a little nervous for "the ghost of Dylan Meier" sock to appear on this board.

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
In all honesty, I am more than a little nervous for "the ghost of Dylan Meier" sock to appear on this board.

I'm dreading it. Because I'm sure some dipshit poster will try it and it will be rough ridin' terrible.
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline theKSU

• Katpak'r
  • Team KSU
    • View Profile
Check out the Arkansas page of your Rand McNally Atlas. Now you won't be able to look at that map w/o thinking of Sunshine. 

Offline EllToPay

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Typical EMAW
    • View Profile
He had a long-term plan, though, that not many people knew about. The adventures would slow. Meier wanted to be a football coach and planned on applying to be a graduate assistant at Kansas State and Maryland, where his old offensive coordinator is now coaching.

If Dylan got either job, he’d leave Korea in January and begin the rest of a remarkable life.

Read more: http://www.kansascity.com/2010/04/20/1891902/dylan-meier-was-a-real-source.html#ixzz0ljvzFE00

:bawl:

Offline Saulbadguy

• Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • what
    • View Profile
This thread is a classy tribute.  Somebody should print out these posts and make a memory book for the Meier family. 

My only printer is a dot matrix, or I'd volunteer.
Panasonic KX-23?
Where did you get that overnight bag?

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
OK Cat does it make you feel bad that all the other elite posters didn't jump on your bandwagon and now you're the only one being a dick  :dunno:

For the record, I laughed at his Webb one.  Not proud of it, not promoting that, but it was clever and I appreciate that sort of thing....cleverness, that is, not making fun of dead people.

The Webb one was HILARIOUS.

Offline Pett

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • KLI GOD
    • View Profile
He planned on attending the spring game this weekend. :embarrassed:

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
Meh, I'm bound to make people laugh every once in a while.  I'm kind of an bad person IRL, also, so it's an easy transition.

Offline fatty fat fat

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
devastated. and his whole family was there.

:frown:

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I think the saddest thing is that he didn't have much time to live like he was dying.  Mostly just time time to scream like he was dying.

Offline FP TC etc.

• Katpak'r
  • USA! USA! USA!
    • View Profile
Ok cat is a pretty cool guy. He makes fun of dead people and doesn't afraid of anything

Offline The Whale

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
I'm not sure how many shots he took, but I assume OK Cat was about 2-15 in this thread.  Seems like a lot of shots, but once the PC police came out, you knew he was taking every one of them

2-15.  Kind of fitting for a Dylan Meier tribute thread. 

RIP Dylan.

Offline Ghost of Stan Parrish

• I found my password
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
At least have the decency to give it time.   That's the only slack I see to be given....people didn't and shouldn't have joked about 9/11 on 9/12.   People who joked about Brook Berringer on ksufans at least were doing to far removed and tongue in cheek.    That's where the fine line is....it's a bit hypocritical to say, but that's the only reason that doesn't bother me, is time had passed, a lot of it.  And if I was a Nubb fan, I still would probably be bothered about it.

Russell Brand (British comedian) was fired from MTV Europe for showing up for work on 9/12 dressed as Osama Bin Laden.  Then they rehired him, because, hey, that is funny.
"I'm thankful our MHK forefathers had the foresight to lynch white dudes so that we might be able to throw up the mob with a clear conscience."

Offline I_have_purplewood

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile

I'm dreading it. Because I'm sure some dipshit poster will try it and it will be fracking terrible.

On a similar note, why didn't some of the guest posters who were offended by some of these posts use dylan's name as their screen name when they set up the account?  Like Dylsinheaven or Buddahbud?  Only seems logical to me.. :dunno:
Fifteen minutes later, when the Kansas locker room opened its doors to the media, the Jayhawks were still crying. Literally, bawling. All of them. I've never seen anything like it, and I've seen devastated college locker rooms -- after losses in the Final Four, the national championship game -- ever

Offline Pett

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • KLI GOD
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: April 21, 2010, 05:47:17 PM by Pett »

Offline DOOMsday

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Ok cat is a pretty cool guy. He makes fun of dead people and doesn't afraid of anything

doesn't afraid of anything.

u misc?

Offline Pett

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • KLI GOD
    • View Profile
Dylan Meier, 26, of Pittsburg, died Monday, April 19, 2010 from a hiking accident in Arkansas. Services will be 10:00 a.m. Monday (April 26) at the Pittsburg Memorial Auditorium. The family will receive friends following the service in the lower level of Memorial Auditorium. Private family burial will take place at a later time. The family suggests memorials to the Pittsburg High School Quarterback Club or Pittsburg YMCA or Kansas State University Football Program. These may be left at or mailed to the Brenner Mortuary, 114 E. 4th St., Pittsburg, KS 66762. Additional obituary information will be announced by Brenner Mortuary, Pittsburg.

stunz

why couldn't it be evridge?

that article... :cry:

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
"Live every day like its your last." Means more to me at time like this. The tragedy is most of us don't.

That mantra always seemed like a lot of pressure. I mean I try pretty hard but there I was yesterday towards the end of a 45 minute crap and even I had to admit if this was cutting into my 24 hours of life allotment I probably would have moved things along a bit.

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
"Live every day like its your last." Means more to me at time like this. The tragedy is most of us don't.

That mantra always seemed like a lot of pressure. I mean I try pretty hard but there I was yesterday towards the end of a 45 minute crap and even I had to admit if this was cutting into my 24 hours of life allotment I probably would have moved things along a bit.

Yeah, some days I like to put in a good day at work and turn in early :dunno:

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile

Some days, a nice 45 minute crap is my reward for the day. Enjoy it, bro!  :thumbsup:
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.