Author Topic: RIP Dylan Meier...maybe don't read this...we had some critical "feedback"  (Read 53950 times)

Offline Mikeyis4dcats

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pogonophobia: n. a fear of beards
    • View Profile

It's not about grieving, it's about showing respect. .

Mike, no offense bro, but weren't you just remarking about WRFF's wife's "boobies" the other day?  Not judging here....

benignly commenting about a girls boobs is quite different than mocking and pissing all over a dead KStater.  A young man who worked pretty had for the football team.

it's not like I said anything lewd about her boobs, so don't make it into more than it was, a tongue in cheek, pretty benign comment.   and don't be a hypocrite and act like you've never said anything remotely similar.

there's a fine line between some of the jocularity around here sometimes and the downright disrespect being shown Dylan and his family.   As others have said, I dare you to dig up anything remotely as disrespectful posted by an opposing fan.    The comments here do nothing but portray our fanbase as truely immature and despicable people.   don't give me that crap about it's how you cope with tragedy...no, it's not...the vast majority of us didn't know DM from a face on the field and a name in the paper, so don't act like you have to make black humor to cope with it.   You do it because you like to be "edgy" and "classless".    Well, there is a time and a place.    And the things said around here are being said way too soon, and with a pretty pathetic tone.   At least have the decency to give it time.   That's the only slack I see to be given....people didn't and shouldn't have joked about 9/11 on 9/12.   People who joked about Brook Berringer on ksufans at least were doing to far removed and tongue in cheek.    That's where the fine line is....it's a bit hypocritical to say, but that's the only reason that doesn't bother me, is time had passed, a lot of it.  And if I was a Nubb fan, I still would probably be bothered about it.

Off my soap box, flame away as I know you will.

Offline CatsFan_58

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Re: RIP Dylan Meier...
« Reply #226 on: April 20, 2010, 05:12:22 PM »
I always thought that he had issues with his footwork. Never did I think it would KILL him??! :dunno:         
lol

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile

It's not about grieving, it's about showing respect. .

Mike, no offense bro, but weren't you just remarking about WRFF's wife's "boobies" the other day?  Not judging here....

benignly commenting about a girls boobs is quite different than mocking and pissing all over a dead KStater.  A young man who worked pretty had for the football team.

it's not like I said anything lewd about her boobs, so don't make it into more than it was, a tongue in cheek, pretty benign comment.   and don't be a hypocrite and act like you've never said anything remotely similar.

there's a fine line between some of the jocularity around here sometimes and the downright disrespect being shown Dylan and his family.   As others have said, I dare you to dig up anything remotely as disrespectful posted by an opposing fan.    The comments here do nothing but portray our fanbase as truely immature and despicable people.   don't give me that crap about it's how you cope with tragedy...no, it's not...the vast majority of us didn't know DM from a face on the field and a name in the paper, so don't act like you have to make black humor to cope with it.   You do it because you like to be "edgy" and "classless".    Well, there is a time and a place.    And the things said around here are being said way too soon, and with a pretty pathetic tone.   At least have the decency to give it time.   That's the only slack I see to be given....people didn't and shouldn't have joked about 9/11 on 9/12.   People who joked about Brook Berringer on ksufans at least were doing to far removed and tongue in cheek.    That's where the fine line is....it's a bit hypocritical to say, but that's the only reason that doesn't bother me, is time had passed, a lot of it.  And if I was a Nubb fan, I still would probably be bothered about it.

Off my soap box, flame away as I know you will.

Take it to the Darwin Awards forum.  Sheesh.

Offline get_HIT

• Combo-Fan
  • "I just love the Jayhawk...It should be killed."
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: April 20, 2010, 05:30:42 PM »
Approximately 5,000 unborn U.S. citizens have now been killed since Dylan fell off the cliff yesterday.  Keep them in your prayers as well.

And was there a 5 page thread here or a bazillion posts on gpc when Elijah Alexander died?  I didn't even notice that had happened.   :opcat:?

RIP Elijah.  You were one of the very best players (and maybe the very best) that formed the foundation of this program when Snyder arrived.

And RIP Dylan.

Thank you.
"He was in the group of about four or five troll K-State fans who were celebrating like they had just won a national title." -BMW on get_HIT

Offline DOOMsday

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: April 20, 2010, 05:35:28 PM »
why was i horsing around on top of a cliff?  why?  oh, why?"

I was thinking about this horsing around angle.  I mean, you don't just fall off a cliff unless you're horsing around.   Stupid.  Reminds me of the decapitated Cat Tracker guy.

The report I read was that there were some loose rocks.  He stepped onto it, they gave way and he fell.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: April 20, 2010, 05:43:47 PM »
The report I read was that there were some loose rocks.  He stepped onto it, they gave way and he fell.

were there signs up?  notices about loose rocks and/or long drops?  this meier family has one hell of a lawsuit, imo.  hope arkansas, or the feds, or whoever is responsible for this tragedy has deep pockets.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Here is the cliff, or at least the main one in the area. 

exhibit a.  promoting hiking out on deadly dangerous rock outcroppings as a fun, harmless activity.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Deez Nutz

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
for the record, i don't care that he died.  Didn't know him, don't know his family, and never will.  

So you have to personally know someone to care whether they live or die?  Creepy.

Offline CatsFan_58

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile

That was the real place.

Also, it absolutely disgusts me that this thread looks like one you'd expect on a Nebraska forum.  So he wasn't a great athlete.  K, we get it.  He was still a human and still deserves our respect.  It pisses me off that the thread on the Phog is filled with nothing but shock and positives while we talk about him being a bad quarterback.

Grow the eff up.
i would have liked dyls if i was a ku fan, too.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
I was over on ksufans modding a bit this afternoon and I realized Octagon of Poon broke the news over there.  How do we not have an Octagon of Poon over here?

honest to god quote from me, steve dave, on the admin board earlier:

ksufans has a poster named "octagon of poon"  :sojealous:

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Pretty sure DM smoked pot, guys.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Pretty sure DM smoked pot, guys.

man, oh man.  i wonder if he even knew if he was falling? 

Offline Ira Hayes

• Created #RayRayForAD
  • Katpak'r
  • The Marine that went to war.
    • View Profile
Look, no disrespect to Dylan, but Snyder's release today says that they'll dedicate Saturday's game and next season to Dylan and have a video tribute and moment of silence for him.

That's nice and all, but don't forget Elijah.  Falling off a cliff is more dramatic than losing a 5 year battle to cancer, but Elijah was still in his 30's - way too young.

Elijah certainly deserves at least the same treatment as Dylan.  And he has kids that should be there to see it:

MANHATTAN, Kan. - Former Kansas State defensive end Elijah Alexander, who lettered for the Wildcats from 1988-1991, has passed away at the age of 39 after a long and courageous battle with cancer.

A four-year letterman, Alexander was a team captain for the 1991 squad and finished his career with 234 total tackles, 34 tackles for loss and 10.0 sacks. Following an appearance in the 1991 Senior Bowl, Alexander was drafted in the 10th round of the 1992 NFL Draft by Tampa Bay and went on to play 10 seasons in the NFL.

After being diagnosed with cancer in 2005, Alexander began the Tackle Myeloma Foundation (TMF58) and the Tackle Cancer Foundation (TCF), which provides information, support, and financial aid to families and caregivers fighting Myeloma and childhood cancers.

The Wake and viewing will be Monday, March 29, from 6-8 p.m. at Turrentine Jackson Morrow Funeral Home in Frisco, Texas. The Celebration of Life for Elijah Alexander will be 11 a.m. Tuesday at Prestonwood Baptist Church in Plano, Texas.

Alexander is survived by his wife Kimberly, two sons Elijah IV, age 14 and Evan, age 12, mother Camala Ridley, sister Carn Michelle Alexander, and brother Shannon Ridley.

Somebody form a committee to kick Old Balls in the balls over this.

Offline FP TC etc.

• Katpak'r
  • USA! USA! USA!
    • View Profile
OK Cat does it make you feel bad that all the other elite posters didn't jump on your bandwagon and now you're the only one being a dick  :dunno:

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
I pray the outcropping wasn't made out of Limestone.... :pray:

Offline Winters

• The King of Real Zeal
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Gonna miss you dyls  :frown:
Best #heel and/or #babyface on this blogsite

If it were up to me, Wintz would be on a fan scholarship, full ride.

Offline Pexikan

• Combo-Fan
  • Junkyard Gato
    • View Profile
"Live every day like its your last." Means more to me at time like this. The tragedy is most of us don't. Dylans sudden death should serve as a reminder to us. Cherish those you love. One day they are there, the next day they are gone...

Offline theKSU

• Katpak'r
  • Team KSU
    • View Profile
This thread is a classy tribute.  Somebody should print out these posts and make a memory book for the Meier family. 

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
This thread is a classy tribute.  Somebody should print out these posts and make a memory book for the Meier family. 

My only printer is a dot matrix, or I'd volunteer.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: April 20, 2010, 09:14:17 PM »
Approximately 5,000 unborn U.S. citizens have now been killed since Dylan fell off the cliff yesterday.  Keep them in your prayers as well.

And was there a 5 page thread here or a bazillion posts on gpc when Elijah Alexander died?  I didn't even notice that had happened.   :opcat:?

RIP Elijah.  You were one of the very best players (and maybe the very best) that formed the foundation of this program when Snyder arrived.

And RIP Dylan.

Thank you.

How can you be killed if you have never been born?  Hey, let's go discuss this over some Jumbo shrimp after we drive my car down a parkway then park my car in a drive way.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
for the record, i don't care that he died.  Didn't know him, don't know his family, and never will.  

So you have to personally know someone to care whether they live or die?  Creepy.

No, it's not Creepy, it's Presidential.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
OK Cat does it make you feel bad that all the other elite posters didn't jump on your bandwagon and now you're the only one being a dick  :dunno:

For the record, I laughed at his Webb one.  Not proud of it, not promoting that, but it was clever and I appreciate that sort of thing....cleverness, that is, not making fun of dead people.

Offline Winters

• The King of Real Zeal
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

For the record, I laughed at his Webb one. 
Same... :facepalm:
Best #heel and/or #babyface on this blogsite

If it were up to me, Wintz would be on a fan scholarship, full ride.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

For the record, I laughed at his Webb one.  Not proud of it, not promoting that, but it was clever and I appreciate that sort of thing....cleverness, that is, not making fun of dead people.

i think his brand of humor works well in these death threads.  he's normally not my cup of tea, but his posts here have hit the spot.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I'm not sure how many shots he took, but I assume OK Cat was about 2-15 in this thread.  Seems like a lot of shots, but once the PC police came out, you knew he was taking every one of them