Author Topic: RIP Dylan Meier...maybe don't read this...we had some critical "feedback"  (Read 53946 times)

yoga-like_abana

Here is the cliff, or at least the main one in the area. 

that looks way steeper than 100ft imo

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
Re: RIP Dylan Meier...
« Reply #201 on: April 20, 2010, 04:16:20 PM »
Do we really know that he "fell" and didn't "jump?"  Personally, it does not matter to me either way....but I have known of people who have claimed that loved ones had an accident rather than kill themselves.  It's obviously tragic and sad either way....just saying that before we go around saying that the guy was careless and fell he may have actually been very thoughtful about it, who knows?  

Sad deal either way.  Prayers to all involved, etc.

maybe he died in an autoerotic asphyxiation episode gone tragically wrong, and the family pulled his pants up and threw him off the cliff as a cover?  i wouldn't blame the family for that, even though it obviously cost the county a lot of time and money to get the body.  not my place to judge.

either that or he was maybe horsing around up on that rock?  anyone think he was horsing around?

I could see him and Kerry horsing around, and maybe some of their hair got tangled up and they lost their balance.

Probably could be a good PSA for not having long bitch-hair.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

That blogger guy said it wasn't in the place people would suspect - which is what that appears to be.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile

That blogger guy said it wasn't in the place people would suspect - which is what that appears to be.

Yeah, he had a pic of it on there.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
So, as you're falling of that cliff-  Do  you go head first and make sure you check out, or go feet first and just hope you'll somehow survive as a vegetable?

Online Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: April 20, 2010, 04:22:17 PM »
I'd rather fall off a cliff than die of heart failure....

man, i don't know what it's going to take for you to get over this idea that falling off a cliff is a great way to die.  it's not a good way to die.

It's rough ridin' relative. You want to have heart failure before you fall off a cliff?  Do you?

Online Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Yeah, he had a pic of it on there.

Doom's pic is not "the" place.  Apparently, they were on the way to "the" place.  However, I think in the interest of good story telling and folk lore, that Doom's pic should be "the" place going forward as we discuss this....'cause that place looks pretty cool.

Offline Mikeyis4dcats

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pogonophobia: n. a fear of beards
    • View Profile
Re: sick to my stomach
« Reply #207 on: April 20, 2010, 04:33:48 PM »
I feel sick to my stomach right now, not just from the news of Dylan's tragedy but from reading the posts from some of you so-called EMAWers.  I know I'll get annihilated for posting this, but it needs to be said anyway.  I cannot for the life of me understand how a person can make fun of another for dying.  I didn't understand it with Brooks Berringer, and I don't understand it now.  Whatever you thought of his football career here, he was a human being with a family who is suffering terribly right now.  What if his family would read this board looking for support from the Wildcat Nation and find some of these comments instead?  I don't want to understand the sick mind that even thinks these things let alone putting it out there for others to see.  Would you say these things out loud or is it just because you're anonymous on this board?  I've looked at some other fan boards, and it's pathetic when the fan base making jokes is the one he played for.  Go ahead and make fun of me, but I hope this makes you think just a little bit.

I send out many prayers and condolences to the Meier family and sincerely hope that none of you ever have to deal with anything like this.

+ infinity

Offline DOOMsday

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile

That was the real place.

Also, it absolutely disgusts me that this thread looks like one you'd expect on a Nebraska forum.  So he wasn't a great athlete.  K, we get it.  He was still a human and still deserves our respect.  It pisses me off that the thread on the Phog is filled with nothing but shock and positives while we talk about him being a bad quarterback.

Grow the eff up.

Offline Mikeyis4dcats

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

That was the real place.

Also, it absolutely disgusts me that this thread looks like one you'd expect on a Nebraska forum.  So he wasn't a great athlete.  K, we get it.  He was still a human and still deserves our respect.  It pisses me off that the thread on the Phog is filled with nothing but shock and positives while we talk about him being a bad quarterback.

Grow the eff up.

INDEED.

yoga-like_abana

I think there are honestly 6 or 7 negative posts in a 7 page thread.

Offline Patrick Bateman

• Fan
  • I need to return some videotapes...
    • View Profile
I think it's silly that random people on the internet are "grieving" the loss of someone they didn't know.

+1

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: April 20, 2010, 04:41:06 PM »
It's rough ridin' relative. You want to have heart failure before you fall off a cliff?  Do you?

yes definitely.  you wouldn't even have time to shoot up w. morphine if you fell off a cliff.  it'd just be "oh crap, i'm going to die!  why was i horsing around on top of a cliff?  why?  oh, why?"  and then unimaginable pain until you finally died.  hear failure would be a walk in the park in comparison.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Mikeyis4dcats

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I think it's silly that random people on the internet are "grieving" the loss of someone they didn't know.

+1

It's not about grieving, it's about showing respect.  I'm not grief stricken, but I think he, particularly as a KStater, deserves respect at this time.

Are we entirely sure that this "accident" wasn't the spoils of a Mortal Kombat?

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: April 20, 2010, 04:47:16 PM »
why was i horsing around on top of a cliff?  why?  oh, why?"

I was thinking about this horsing around angle.  I mean, you don't just fall off a cliff unless you're horsing around.   Stupid.  Reminds me of the decapitated Cat Tracker guy.

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile

+1

It's not about grieving, it's about showing respect.  I'm not grief stricken, but I think he, particularly as a KStater, deserves respect at this time.

I don't get why you're continuously surprised by this.  :dunno:
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline Mikeyis4dcats

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

+1

I don't get why you're continuously surprised by this.  :dunno:

I'm not really, just as those who act like douchebags shouldn't be surprised that most people have some class.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I was over on ksufans modding a bit this afternoon and I realized Octagon of Poon broke the news over there.  How do we not have an Octagon of Poon over here?

Offline Pett

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • KLI GOD
    • View Profile
Over/Under on if Ron actually attends the funeral? :rolleyes:

BTW, thanks for editing my original thread topic name. I thought I hit the spot. Guess not. :cry:
« Last Edit: April 20, 2010, 05:34:23 PM by Pett »

Online Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

That was the real place.

EDIT  The other DOOM's pic is NOT the place, they were on their way to the special place when Dylan climbed up on a random sandstone outcropping and slipped, per the blogger photographer guy.

DOOMsday's pic appears correct.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2010, 04:57:05 PM by Pete »

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Mod pay?  What do they pay you in, cooler IOUs and future pak'r invite considerations?

Online Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

It's not about grieving, it's about showing respect. .

Mike, no offense bro, but weren't you just remarking about WRFF's wife's "boobies" the other day?  Not judging here....

Offline Patrick Bateman

• Fan
  • I need to return some videotapes...
    • View Profile

+1

I'm cool with the respect thing.  It's the empathy thing that seems to throw me off.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
What about if he was smoking doobies at the time?