Author Topic: Tell us more, oscar  (Read 24777 times)

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
Re: Tell us more, oscar
« Reply #50 on: March 08, 2015, 04:12:06 PM »
He showed up to practice in street clothes, oscar told him when he comes to practice he needs to be ready and appropriately dressed and to go change. Just walked away and went home instead.

i'd like a video of this season's miscommunications.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 08, 2015, 04:15:30 PM »
Street clothes are getting more and more causal these days.

Online Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 08, 2015, 04:16:09 PM »
He showed up to practice in street clothes, oscar told him when he comes to practice he needs to be ready and appropriately dressed and to go change. Just walked away and went home instead.

i'd like a video of this season's miscommunications.
i would accept a xtranormal

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 08, 2015, 04:17:39 PM »
doesn't make sense, I don't buy it.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline dal9

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 08, 2015, 06:01:23 PM »
bruced his damn self

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RUN! Tell all the other curs the Law's coming!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 08, 2015, 06:40:42 PM »
lol

Offline GoodForAnother

• It was all a scheme I used to read emaw magazine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • You hate to see this Mike
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 08, 2015, 09:08:51 PM »
"street" clothes is just oscar's polite term for "black" clothes
emaw

Offline AndrewVonLintel

• Purple Prince Thrice Crowned in MMXIII
  • Combo-Fan
  • Purple Get Ready To Roll!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 08, 2015, 10:18:47 PM »
To show up in Street clothes is kind of a dumb thing to do when you know that we have already overbooked scholarships for 2015....

Plus with oscar's history of Brucings, I don't know why these guys don't come prepared and ready to play every game.

Guys I am really struggling..... I am worried that oscar's brand of discipline doesn't work at Kansas State University.   :ohno:
Hire Brad Underwood Now!!!!!!

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 08, 2015, 10:23:42 PM »
He's a terrible communicator. To think that his players aren't getting it should not be surprising

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RUN! Tell all the other curs the Law's coming!
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 09, 2015, 12:04:30 AM »
To show up in Street clothes is kind of a dumb thing to do when you know that we have already overbooked scholarships for 2015....

Plus with oscar's history of Brucings, I don't know why these guys don't come prepared and ready to play every game.

Guys I am really struggling..... I am worried that oscar's brand of discipline doesn't work at Kansas State University.    :ohno:

oscar's brand of anything doesn't work here.

Offline ArchE_Cat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: March 09, 2015, 09:12:18 AM »
I think oscar is a nice high character guy and a pretty good coach. But, I've never like him as our coach. I think it's a terrible fit. oscar would be a great at a mid major, he's not a high major guy.

I don't think any of the players, students or fans (not tucks) would have any heartache over K-State and oscar parting ways. Perception is that oscar has no relationship with the players, and is proving to be a terrible communicator. Part of what made the whole Frank thing hard is that he started out having a good relationship with his players. Despite his antics they still want to play for him until it all hit the fan. Now, I think everyone is just done with oscar. Players, students, and fans are all done done with oscar.

Base on who we are losing and those who are likely to graduate. I don't see how oscar gets to the tourney next year unless the rest of the Big 12 is awful. So why wait to see if the blind squirrel can find one last nut, just can the guy already.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 09, 2015, 10:33:47 AM »

more specifically:

at practice on either thursday or friday, jevon made the decision that his knees hurt to much to practice and never changed out of his street clothes and just sat along the sideline. when oscar came out about 5 minutes before practice was to start he was like jevon why aren't you dressed, to which JT responded that his knees hurt and he wasn't going to practice. oscar said get dressed or leave. so jevon left.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 09, 2015, 10:35:38 AM »
I think oscar is a nice high character guy

I don't.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 09, 2015, 10:43:45 AM »
I think oscar is a nice high character guy

I don't.

Same.  Unless the trainer said his knees are fine and won't get any more hurt by use.  Otherwise, oscar sounds like a monster. 

Side note: seems like JT's knees have been resting a lot lately, though.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 09, 2015, 10:53:37 AM »

more specifically:

at practice on either thursday or friday, jevon made the decision that his knees hurt to much to practice and never changed out of his street clothes and just sat along the sideline. when oscar came out about 5 minutes before practice was to start he was like jevon why aren't you dressed, to which JT responded that his knees hurt and he wasn't going to practice. oscar said get dressed or leave. so jevon left.

:frown: that Jevon missed the opportunity to say "BUT THESE HANDS" and do some work.

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 09, 2015, 11:15:04 AM »
JT is back. We also had a players only meeting.  :runaway:

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 09, 2015, 11:16:23 AM »

Pretty sure this happened last time right before a group meeting btwn players and Currie.  :horrorsurprise:

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 09, 2015, 11:30:03 AM »

more specifically:

That's a great story. Good for you, JT.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 09, 2015, 12:31:17 PM »
Knees are funny
:adios:

Offline LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 09, 2015, 12:35:54 PM »

:Wha:

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 09, 2015, 01:06:13 PM »
“You’re going to have years like this where things happen,” he said. “It’s added up to no consistency and no continuity. It’s tough to deal with and crisis management is one of your hats you have to wear.

“I think our staff has done a great job of keeping our guys together. For the most part, of our 31 games, we’ve competed with everybody except for a couple of them when we didn’t have a good second half.”

http://cjonline.com/sports/catzone/2015-03-09/weber-k-state-full-strength-big-12-tournament

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 09, 2015, 01:08:19 PM »
“You’re going to have years like this where things happen,” he said. “It’s added up to no consistency and no continuity. It’s tough to deal with and crisis management is one of your hats you have to wear.

“I think our staff has done a great job of keeping our guys together. For the most part, of our 31 games, we’ve competed with everybody except for a couple of them when we didn’t have a good second half.”

http://cjonline.com/sports/catzone/2015-03-09/weber-k-state-full-strength-big-12-tournament

Surely he doesn't believe that?
This is who I am...I have no problem crying. - Jerome Tang

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 09, 2015, 01:10:45 PM »

I think he absolutely does. 100%

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 09, 2015, 01:15:19 PM »

I think he absolutely does. 100%

Well, that's terrifying.
This is who I am...I have no problem crying. - Jerome Tang

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 09, 2015, 01:19:44 PM »
Usually when coaches start making statements to justify their work when their teams aren't winning its because they are feeling some pressure. For all of oscar's quirks, he knows he has to win to keep his job. He's already been fired once, so he knows that it will happen again if he doesn't get things fixed, but he's still going to try to make some justification for what's happened this year. None of what he says is a complete surprise, its what struggling coaches do.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2015, 01:25:51 PM by ksu_FAN »