Author Topic: Smoke your cigars and enjoy the band while you can....  (Read 4140691 times)

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
Re: Smoke your cigars and enjoy the band while you can....
« Reply #18475 on: April 26, 2012, 04:50:05 PM »
louisville is gross, stop trying to convince us that louisville is better than clemson or anyone

Louisville is a growth stock with a very high delta.
I'm not convinced. They are in a state that is dominated by UK and I don't think they have the appeal to garner large amounts of t shirt fans besides the remaining KY people that don't root for UK. At least Clemson has been in a major conference since forever. UL is still shaking off the mid major stink.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #18476 on: April 26, 2012, 05:05:44 PM »
louisville is gross, stop trying to convince us that louisville is better than clemson or anyone

I'm not convinced. They are in a state that is dominated by UK and I don't think they have the appeal to garner large amounts of t shirt fans besides the remaining KY people that don't root for UK. At least Clemson has been in a major conference since forever. UL is still shaking off the mid major stink.

Yeah. Also, Louisville is real, real dumb. Do not want unless we are bonafide desperate. eff that.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #18477 on: April 26, 2012, 05:07:20 PM »

clemson is south carolina's bitch much more than louisville is kentucky's.  i'm going to start charging for these lessons, fwiw.

and we're talking football.  the acc, major conference?  :lol:

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18478 on: April 26, 2012, 05:18:31 PM »
Quote from: pissclams the big ol' dummy
clemson is south carolina's bitch much more than louisville is kentucky's.

LOL, no.

Memorial Stadium, Clemson
Stadium capacity   80,301

Williams-Bryce Stadium, Columbia
Stadium capacity   80,250

:woot:
« Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 01:00:35 AM by SkinnyBenny »
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #18479 on: April 26, 2012, 05:33:49 PM »
Clemson and Florida State would be so amazing!  Louisville.  :lol:

Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #18480 on: April 26, 2012, 06:06:50 PM »

clemson is south carolina's bitch much more than louisville is kentucky's.  i'm going to start charging for these lessons, fwiw.

Compared to the big east and conference USA, yeah.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18481 on: April 26, 2012, 06:52:02 PM »
rough ridin' facepalm you idiots. 

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #18482 on: April 26, 2012, 07:08:08 PM »
I remember when I really wanted BYU, now I'm all uppity about it and want to tell them to eff off. Once it's official that no ACC schools worth a crap want to join us, I'll be back to wanting BYU all over again. I'm not looking forward to that day, friends. Not looking forward to it at all.

Me neither. But it is inevitable. 

Sigh. Embrace the caffeine-free sodas, everybody.

Although their scenery is amazing I never wanted BYU to join.  No.  Hell no.  eff them in the ass with a broken bottle dipped in caffeine, alcohol and AIDS.  We just got rid of one cult school and don't need to replace them with another.
100%Agree.  Also, so glad to get rid of those wacky weed smoking hippies from Colorado!  :cheers:
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #18483 on: April 26, 2012, 07:22:46 PM »

Sorry Clams, but I gotta agree with ole KITNfury.  Anyone with half a brain would know that CU, FSU, Miami, or GT would be better for our conference.  Louisville just isn't big time, but would be OK to fill out the numbers.

Offline PowercatPat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #BID
    • View Profile
« Reply #18484 on: April 26, 2012, 07:33:18 PM »

Sorry Clams, but I gotta agree with ole KITNfury.  Anyone with half a brain would know that CU, FSU, Miami, or GT would be better for our conference.  Louisville just isn't big time, but would be OK to fill out the numbers.

GT and Miami would suck. Miami has no fan support and can't even fill half their stadium. They had 40,000 or so for their game against us and  they are past their prime. GT plays second fiddle to Georgia. Their stadium only seats 55,000 too.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #18485 on: April 26, 2012, 07:44:17 PM »

GT and Miami would suck. Miami has no fan support and can't even fill half their stadium. They had 40,000 or so for their game against us and  they are past their prime. GT plays second fiddle to Georgia. Their stadium only seats 55,000 too.

Dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb.

Miami and GT are in MASSIVE markets, and give us geographical partners for WVU.  However, I'd prefer FSU and CU.  I have no problem with UL either.  I really hope we go to 14 with some combination of Clemson, FSU, Miami, GT, or UL.

If we get FSU and Miami, we'll be a dominant TV conference (read: Only thing that rough ridin' maters).

Offline dobbie4ksu

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #18486 on: April 26, 2012, 07:53:45 PM »
I am not reading 740 rough ridin' pages, and I am sure it has been brought up... AND I know it's nothing that could or ever will happen, but I would like to see Arkansas in the Big XII(10)
Maybe you folks aren't so bad...

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #18487 on: April 26, 2012, 08:01:07 PM »
I am not reading 740 rough ridin' pages, and I am sure it has been brought up... AND I know it's nothing that could or ever will happen, but I would like to see Arkansas in the Big XII(10)

This was dismissed a couple years ago.  go cats

Offline PowercatPat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #BID
    • View Profile
« Reply #18488 on: April 26, 2012, 09:09:17 PM »

Dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb.

Miami and GT are in MASSIVE markets, and give us geographical partners for WVU.  However, I'd prefer FSU and CU.  I have no problem with UL either.  I really hope we go to 14 with some combination of Clemson, FSU, Miami, GT, or UL.

If we get FSU and Miami, we'll be a dominant TV conference (read: Only thing that rough ridin' maters).

GT and Miami are in big markets but they aren't very relevant in those markets. Nobody in Miami gives a eff about the U. Georgia dominates the Atlanta market.

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #18489 on: April 26, 2012, 09:20:34 PM »

Dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb.

GT and Miami are in big markets but they aren't very relevant in those markets. Nobody in Miami gives a eff about the U. Georgia dominates the Atlanta market.
Meanwhile, UL dominates the eastern seaboard.

Let's get real here, we're not pulling in any crown jewels, but we can pull in schools that will up the pie slices. UL ain't doing that.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18490 on: April 26, 2012, 09:22:04 PM »
i've already shown you rough ridin' retards the numbers.  now suck it.  clemson and the 5 fans they have can suck it too.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #18491 on: April 26, 2012, 09:26:13 PM »

Dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb.

Meanwhile, UL dominates the eastern seaboard.

Let's get real here, we're not pulling in any crown jewels, but we can pull in schools that will up the pie slices. UL ain't doing that.
:thumbs:

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18492 on: April 26, 2012, 11:55:16 PM »
Comparing Clemson to Miami and GT is rough ridin' absurd, ABSURD!  People pushing for Clemson over even Louisville have never been to South Carolina and also knows jack crap about the value of television markets and contracts.  South Carolina is small and poor, people in South Carolina love football, no one outside of South Carolina gives two shits about football in the state of South Carolina.

The only thing I keep reading in favor of Clemson is their stadium size.  Iowa, UMASS, UAB, and Temple play in big stadiums, do we want them too?

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18493 on: April 27, 2012, 01:02:28 AM »
Do people outside of the state of Kentucky give a flying eff about Louisville football? Do people IN the state of Kentucky give a flying eff about Louisville football?

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
Smoke your cigars and enjoy the band while you can....
« Reply #18494 on: April 27, 2012, 06:17:35 AM »
I am confident we would want Iowa MIR

Offline EMAW4life-JHL

• Combo-Fan
  • Morgan Freeman's childhood friend/worst poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #18495 on: April 27, 2012, 07:49:42 AM »
Louisville by far is the best and most popular football team in Kentucky.
Kentucky has an undergrad enrollment of 19 and UL has 16. Neither is HUGE even by KSU and KU standards.
If the final 4 taught us anything, its that UL is a great athletic program, and has a passionate rabid fanbase.
Miami and GT not so much. Clemson has passionate fans, but they suck at everything and are in a crap hole state. FSU, Clemson and UL would be the top 3 targets IMO
Go Home Dad you're drunk

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #18496 on: April 27, 2012, 07:57:49 AM »
Louisville is a commuter school.  DO NOT WANT.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18497 on: April 27, 2012, 08:13:20 AM »
Louisville is a commuter school.  DO NOT WANT.

yeah. louuisville is one small step about cinicinatti. they're both disgusting.

Offline kitten_mittons

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Clawing at your furnitures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18498 on: April 27, 2012, 08:37:55 AM »
Let's just take UF and FSU.

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18499 on: April 27, 2012, 08:53:40 AM »
Let's just take UF and FSU.

I would be willing to substitute tOSU for FSU in this scenario.  WVU would have less travel time.