Author Topic: Smoke your cigars and enjoy the band while you can....  (Read 4147218 times)

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Smoke your cigars and enjoy the band while you can....
« Reply #16925 on: October 25, 2011, 04:52:21 PM »
I'm cooling on BYU if we are going to add eastern schools. I'd rather find a travel partner for West Virginia.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #16926 on: October 25, 2011, 04:55:42 PM »
Thanks to Panj, I now have my heart set on ND and Louisville bb being in our league.  Somewhat excited about a BYU bb team, but let's face it, Jimmer is gone.

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #16927 on: October 25, 2011, 05:12:40 PM »
Thanks to Panj, I now have my heart set on ND and Louisville bb being in our league.  Somewhat excited about a BYU bb team, but let's face it, Jimmer is gone.

In football, distance is kind of meaningless.  Teams fly all over the place all of the time, so no big deal.

In every other sport, it makes a difference with the amount of times per year you have to travel.  So that makes BYU very unattractive.

However, if you can find a way to make them fit in football while finding a very deserving partner with geographical sanity to fill in all of the rest, who has a national following of their own, it's just gravy.

Then, if you can strike up an agreement for Notre Dame to play X number of Big 12 schools per year, it's just awesome.  That's more Tier 1 money right there for all of us to split and enjoy.

Offline BMWWcat

• Combo-Fan
  • I still love the Purple Pants...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16928 on: October 25, 2011, 05:36:34 PM »
I only want to play ND in football if it is for the Big12 North Championship.
I don't want to do any favors for ND...period.
Dax fan club member!

Offline Paul Moscow

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #16929 on: October 25, 2011, 05:41:49 PM »

Yeah, Notre Dame coming to the Big 12 will be us doing them a favor.  :lol:

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16930 on: October 25, 2011, 05:53:53 PM »

In football, distance is kind of meaningless.  Teams fly all over the place all of the time, so no big deal.

In every other sport, it makes a difference with the amount of times per year you have to travel.  So that makes BYU very unattractive.

However, if you can find a way to make them fit in football while finding a very deserving partner with geographical sanity to fill in all of the rest, who has a national following of their own, it's just gravy.

Then, if you can strike up an agreement for Notre Dame to play X number of Big 12 schools per year, it's just awesome.  That's more Tier 1 money right there for all of us to split and enjoy.

i don't understand the crap that's coming out of your mouth.  the non-revs are going to be flying to/from whomever joins the big12, just not on charter.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline BMWWcat

• Combo-Fan
  • I still love the Purple Pants...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16931 on: October 25, 2011, 06:22:22 PM »

Yeah, Notre Dame coming to the Big 12 will be us doing them a favor.  :lol:
I think that if they bring all of their non-revenue sports into the conf. and keep football independence it would be doing them a favor...football is where the money is at.
Dax fan club member!

Offline swish1

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16932 on: October 25, 2011, 06:38:46 PM »

i don't understand the crap that's coming out of your mouth.  the non-revs are going to be flying to/from whomever joins the big12, just not on charter.

notre dame is closer to west virginia than byu is his point.  west virginia is 2 time zones from byu.  notre dame makes more geographical sense for all sports but wouldnt add a football program.  for football flying a long ways on the weekend isnt as a big of a deal as say a volleyball team in the middle of the weak flying half way across the country twice on the same day/night.

Offline EMAWgeddon

• Combo-Fan
  • Go away, I'm walking on sunshine
    • View Profile
« Reply #16933 on: October 25, 2011, 06:42:18 PM »
Time to break ground on that KSU monorail, guys.

Offline Paul Moscow

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #16934 on: October 25, 2011, 06:49:01 PM »
Time to break ground on that KSU monorail, guys.

What a strange, strange land. Can't wait to go to Appalachia. What a fascinating place.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16935 on: October 25, 2011, 06:51:02 PM »
add central and south florida to get to twelve and then stop. four texas schools and the two florida schools in the south and everybody else in the north. boom. you're welcome.

Offline doom

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16936 on: October 25, 2011, 07:00:07 PM »
add central and south florida to get to twelve and then stop. four texas schools and the two florida schools in the south and everybody else in the north. boom. you're welcome.

can't have off seasons with no ou/ut game. 

Drop the ou schools back into the south and put lousiville and cincy in the north
“They said something along the lines of ‘it kind of sounds like you’d be interested in it.’ And I said ‘hell yeah I am. Why not?’” -Doug Gottlieb

Offline Lucas Scoopsalot

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #16937 on: October 25, 2011, 07:08:43 PM »
I really like that the Big 12 has started to be more aggressive. WVU is a good add.
Luke's stock is rising as Winters continues to validate his greatness. Add Luke and Winters to my list! Also, EMAWBLAST! and Tobias!

Offline Boom Roasted

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #16938 on: October 25, 2011, 07:10:10 PM »
Quote from: FITZ
Thanks for your input. I've been told BYU is dead. I'll believe the Notre Dame to Big 12 stuff when it happens (and that may bring BYU back as the football school to replace Notre Dame), and I am not crazy about any other regional option, although the best is Cincinnati. Even then, Cincy needs to renovate football to get it up to standards. Some of you say Memphis, but athletics (particularly football) is so awful that the Big East doesn't want them and Tulane was floated and dismissed. Plus, I don't see the league adding another Texas school.

I think what is going on is WVU is a quick add to 10 and on paper they look like an improvement over Missouri so it's a PR win for the conference. Teams 11 and 12 will wait until Notre Dame can be sorted out. If ND wants to park its non-FB sports in the conference, then a FB only partner might be needed or do they stay at 10 in FB and add another non-FB school such as Marquette to be 12 in other sports?

I think there are so many questions about 11 and 12, they will wait but snapping up West Virginia and shoving that down MU's throats seems like the immediate move. With WVU in, I would be tempted to make another run at Pitt to bring in with Louisville.

I cant believe we ever even thought about Tulane.  Was right by their campus this weekend and while it was very fancy and nice looking it was not even close to a Big 12 size or care for sports.  Full of hipster rich kids and girls that should be way better looking with that much money.

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16939 on: October 25, 2011, 07:12:46 PM »
Tulane is pretty much TCU before Patterson.  Having games in LA would have been nice.

Offline Super PurpleCat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • purple hugs are back! get yours today
    • View Profile
« Reply #16940 on: October 25, 2011, 07:19:50 PM »

:emawkid: :emawkid: :emawkid:

Offline jeans

• Fan
  • The Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #16941 on: October 25, 2011, 07:22:31 PM »
Let us just eff crap up
recently came back to the US of A

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16942 on: October 25, 2011, 07:23:45 PM »

can't have off seasons with no ou/ut game. 

Drop the ou schools back into the south and put lousiville and cincy in the north

every north school would have a designated south rival. kstate/usf for obvious reasons. ou/texas. then just put the rest in a hat and draw names.

Offline kstater

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #16943 on: October 25, 2011, 07:40:42 PM »
:lol:

Mike DeArmond
@sptwri Mike DeArmond
No matter who Big 12 adds short of NDame the new league is worse off than wit CU NEB. A&M MIZZOU.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16944 on: October 25, 2011, 07:45:11 PM »
:lol:

Mike DeArmond
@sptwri Mike DeArmond
No matter who Big 12 adds short of NDame the new league is worse off than wit CU NEB. A&M MIZZOU.

and life would be worse for me if i lost a leg, lost my dominant arm, lost my non-dominant arm and stubbed the one big toe i had left. pffft. losing mu? so cute. nobody cares.  :lol:

Offline EMAWzified

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16945 on: October 25, 2011, 07:47:55 PM »
NU, yeah. A&M, maybe. MU, who the eff cares. CU, get the eff out of here. 

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16946 on: October 25, 2011, 07:52:32 PM »
Man, that dude is one whiny little bitch.  Guess he's butthurt because everyone actually wants Mizzou to leave.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16947 on: October 25, 2011, 07:58:38 PM »
Would be great if mizzou stayed and WV UL came.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline username

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16948 on: October 25, 2011, 07:58:56 PM »
Cigar experts, are we going to back to 12 or what?
ThX

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16949 on: October 25, 2011, 08:09:09 PM »
Would be great if mizzou stayed and WV UL came.

Agreed. Would be great North Division.  WVU UL MU ISU KU KSU.