Author Topic: Smoke your cigars and enjoy the band while you can....  (Read 4066739 times)

Offline fatty fat fat

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Smoke your cigars and enjoy the band while you can....
« Reply #13725 on: September 21, 2011, 12:21:48 AM »

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #13726 on: September 21, 2011, 12:24:15 AM »
Actually yeah, I guess this kind of clears the SEC from getting Ken Starr'd, right?  I mean, them accepting aTm probably wouldn't implode the league any more.  Or would it?
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline KCFDcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #13727 on: September 21, 2011, 12:29:28 AM »
Actually yeah, I guess this kind of clears the SEC from getting Ken Starr'd, right?  I mean, them accepting aTm probably wouldn't implode the league any more.  Or would it?

looks like big xii will stay together with or with out aTm, but the SEC isn't so concerned about lawsuits now. They're more concerned with how they're going to get to 14 teams.

catzacker

« Reply #13728 on: September 21, 2011, 12:31:34 AM »
so this is from chip's latest story, yeah, 5 year cash grab.  that's stability for your ass.  OU and UT stick around the big 12 for 5 more years, then if the tier 1 deal doesn't look like enough..."Hey, Larry...so, UT's on board now...where do we sign?".  

http://texas.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1267981

Sources say Texas and Oklahoma must work out their differences, including Texas possibly making some concessions on Longhorn Network content (such as no high school highlights and possibly no conference games). Texas might even need to share some revenue from its Longhorn Network with the Sooners, sources said.

Offline theKSU

• Katpak'r
  • Team KSU
    • View Profile
« Reply #13729 on: September 21, 2011, 12:32:02 AM »
I think Ken Starr and Baylor can safely say: good luck effers with your 13 teams.  Enjoy that schedule.  

Offline KCFDcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #13730 on: September 21, 2011, 12:34:07 AM »
I think Ken Starr and Baylor can safely say: good luck effers with your 13 teams.  Enjoy that schedule.  

would love to see them win 5-6 games for the next few years, but would love for the SEC to say "no thanks" then have them come crawling back to the big XII only to see their spot has been taken by BYU or WVU or something.

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #13731 on: September 21, 2011, 12:38:13 AM »

looks like big xii will stay together with or with out aTm, but the SEC isn't so concerned about lawsuits now. They're more concerned with how they're going to get to 14 teams.

Slive has a nice conversation with his presidents...

"So, A&M plus West Virginia, or find a way out of this mess?  Okay, I'll call Loftin and send him a gift basket for his troubles."

Offline Panjandrum

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13732 on: September 21, 2011, 12:38:46 AM »

would love to see them win 5-6 games for the next few years, but would love for the SEC to say "no thanks" then have them come crawling back to the big XII only to see their spot has been taken by BYU or WVU or something.

The Big East is looking for teams.

catzacker

« Reply #13733 on: September 21, 2011, 12:39:08 AM »
Also from Chip:

MIDNIGHT - I've been told Texas and Oklahoma officials will get together in the next week to iron out differences and pledge to at least a five-year commitment in the Big 12.

nice conference.  "hey guys, you work our your differences, and let us know when we can put our ball gags back in our mouth...we'll be over here in the corner...7 guys, one cup".

Offline Lacey

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13734 on: September 21, 2011, 12:40:19 AM »
I'm telling you boy, it'd be pretty sweet if the SEC rejects A&M now and they want to come back home but we already replaced them with WVU or BYU.  You know what I'm sayin'?
You know, I'd like to also add that Pootie Tang can kick some ass too, boy.

Offline KCFDcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #13735 on: September 21, 2011, 12:41:50 AM »
I'm telling you boy, it'd be pretty sweet if the SEC rejects A&M now and they want to come back home but we already replaced them with WVU or BYU.  You know what I'm sayin'?

I see what you did there

Offline MobDeep

• Combo-Fan
  • Ball Hard
    • View Profile
« Reply #13736 on: September 21, 2011, 12:42:45 AM »
Don't know if this has been posted, too lazy to keep up with this thread.

http://www.byu.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1268216

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13737 on: September 21, 2011, 12:43:30 AM »
Let's compile a list of teams and conferences and people who are kicking themselves in the nuts right now, and why.  

--Larry Scott, for CU and Utah.  (Although this allows them to have a championship game, which obviously is super money-y.  But still, I gotta think he's kicking himself in the nuts.)

--Mike Slive, for having 13 members.

--???

Dan Beebe has been kicking himself for not immediately adding two teams last year to replace Nebraska and Colorado.  Had he done that, this current round of armageddon may not have happened and he wouldn't be losing his job which it looks like will happen now. 

Jesus Christ how do you people still not get how this works.  The league was at 10 teams because that's what the league wanted.  Dan Beebe did not make that decision, no conference commissioners can add teams without the will of the membership.

Offline KCFDcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #13738 on: September 21, 2011, 12:43:50 AM »
Don't know if this has been posted, too lazy to keep up with this thread.

http://www.byu.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1268216

like 3 pages ago.

Offline KCFDcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #13739 on: September 21, 2011, 12:44:58 AM »
Let's compile a list of teams and conferences and people who are kicking themselves in the nuts right now, and why.  

--Larry Scott, for CU and Utah.  (Although this allows them to have a championship game, which obviously is super money-y.  But still, I gotta think he's kicking himself in the nuts.)

--???

Dan Beebe has been kicking himself for not immediately adding two teams last year to replace Nebraska and Colorado.  Had he done that, this current round of armageddon may not have happened and he wouldn't be losing his job which it looks like will happen now. 

Jesus Christ how do you people still not get how this works.  The league was at 10 teams because that's what the league wanted.  Dan Beebe did not make that decision, no conference commissioners can add teams without the will of the membership.

but shouldn't he have been trying to convince the members to add? seems like something larry scott would have done

Offline MobDeep

• Combo-Fan
  • Ball Hard
    • View Profile
« Reply #13740 on: September 21, 2011, 12:45:14 AM »

Offline KCFDcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile

Offline theKSU

• Katpak'r
  • Team KSU
    • View Profile
« Reply #13742 on: September 21, 2011, 12:46:19 AM »
Also from Chip:

MIDNIGHT - I've been told Texas and Oklahoma officials will get together in the next week to iron out differences and pledge to at least a five-year commitment in the Big 12.

nice conference.  "hey guys, you work our your differences, and let us know when we can put our ball gags back in our mouth...we'll be over here in the corner...7 guys, one cup".

Hey Mr. Gray lining in every dark cloud, what would you have us do?  I say get a tube of Astroglide and enjoy the ride.  

Offline Lacey

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13743 on: September 21, 2011, 12:49:00 AM »

--???

And another thing, Beebe didn't decide nothing about 10 teams.  Ain't no commissioner making those kind of decisions, boy.
You know, I'd like to also add that Pootie Tang can kick some ass too, boy.

Offline kst8cat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13744 on: September 21, 2011, 12:58:31 AM »

--???

I am merely repeating parts of a discussion between BITB and Danny today on 810.  They also said that Beebe is a very nice guy, wants what is best for the conference, and if him stepping down will in effect hold the conference together, he would gladly do it.  I wasn't trying to say Beebe could unilaterally add teams. 

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13745 on: September 21, 2011, 12:59:04 AM »

--???

but shouldn't he have been trying to convince the members to add? seems like something larry scott would have done

How did you know he didn't?

"Needing" twelve members is a retrospective argument.  When the league decided on 10 everyone; fans, media, coaches, and the membership, was happy with it.

How did suggesting schools work out for Larry Scott & Mike Slive?  Scott's membership laughed in his face for him trying to push hillbillies from central Oklahoma and West Texas onto them.  Slive either has to admit he screwed up by telling A&M to screw off or compound his mistake by adding another school they don't want.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13746 on: September 21, 2011, 01:03:59 AM »

--???

And another thing, Beebe didn't decide nothing about 10 teams.  Ain't no commissioner making those kind of decisions, boy.

How's my girl Biggie Shorty?

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13747 on: September 21, 2011, 01:04:34 AM »
If we add Big East teams, is there any concern that they won't actually come to play in the Big 12 for another 3 years?

Offline Panjandrum

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13748 on: September 21, 2011, 01:06:47 AM »
If we add Big East teams, is there any concern that they won't actually come to play in the Big 12 for another 3 years?

No.

Offline SoonerHoopsfan

• Land Grab'r
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13749 on: September 21, 2011, 01:09:05 AM »
This feels like 35-7 did in 2003, eff no, eff rough ridin' fuckity.