Author Topic: Smoke your cigars and enjoy the band while you can....  (Read 4065944 times)

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Smoke your cigars and enjoy the band while you can....
« Reply #13700 on: September 21, 2011, 12:03:03 AM »
@Jake_Trotter Prediction for 3 schools that will be added to Big 12: Louisville, West Virginia & TCU.

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #13701 on: September 21, 2011, 12:03:46 AM »
So if the SEC were to say no thanks to an awkward thirteenth warrior in aTm, which I realize they probably won't except in my wildest cruel fantasies, do we let them back in?

I would initially be inclined to say no way, because they're little bitches, but then again it would be amazing to rub their little bitch-ass faces in it every single year and get them anchored into some impossible-to-break contract.  God we would be ruthless to them everywhere they went and it was fantastic.

/daydream

goddammit, it's like no one reads anything anymore. I literally just posted this

I can't see the SEC turning them away, but who the eff will be #14?  And if it's an ACC team, then the ACC is left with 13 teams.

If the ACC holds together, and Mizzou stays with us, I think WVU goes back to being the fallback option.

catzacker

« Reply #13702 on: September 21, 2011, 12:04:09 AM »
So if the SEC were to say no thanks to an awkward thirteenth warrior in aTm, which I realize they probably won't except in my wildest cruel fantasies, do we let them back in?

I would initially be inclined to say no way, because they're little bitches, but then again it would be amazing to rub their little bitch-ass faces in it every single year and get them anchored into some impossible-to-break contract.  God we would be ruthless to them everywhere they went and it was fantastic.

/daydream

goddammit, it's like no one reads anything anymore. I literally just posted this

I can't see the SEC turning them away, but who the eff will be #14?  And if it's an ACC team, then the ACC is left with 13 teams.

that's a ballsy avatar, chum. ballsy.  

Offline KCFDcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #13703 on: September 21, 2011, 12:04:40 AM »

/daydream

If the ACC holds together, and Mizzou stays with us, I think WVU goes back to being the fallback option.

not if we grab them first...

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #13704 on: September 21, 2011, 12:05:22 AM »
Let's compile a list of teams and conferences and people who are kicking themselves in the nuts right now, and why.  

--Larry Scott, for CU and Utah.  (Although this allows them to have a championship game, which obviously is super money-y.  But still, I gotta think he's kicking himself in the nuts.)

--Mike Slive, for having 13 members.

--???
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline bws

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13705 on: September 21, 2011, 12:05:50 AM »
If this sticks...I think we have to go back to 12 teams for stability. Split up OU/UT in separate divisions. Old Big 8 and Old SWC plus whoever is new.

Have a designated rivalry game so UT and OU can still play each other. 3 new teams plus championship game should keep us close on revenue we were going to make with new tier 2 deal.

I'd go BYU, WV, Louisville. I'd be cool with TCU replacing any of those.

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #13706 on: September 21, 2011, 12:06:41 AM »
Mods, motion for the "celebratory banner" made famous in the summer of '10?

TIA

Some people ended up with the site stuck like that for weeks or months.  :lol:

Offline KCFDcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #13707 on: September 21, 2011, 12:07:15 AM »
Let's compile a list of teams and conferences and people who are kicking themselves in the nuts right now, and why.  

--Larry Scott, for CU and Utah.  (Although this allows them to have a championship game, which obviously is super money-y.  But still, I gotta think he's kicking himself in the nuts.)

--???

the big east, because if we end up taking UL and WVU they will basically be without football

Offline bradleigh

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13708 on: September 21, 2011, 12:07:23 AM »
I think for long term stability, we wanted Texas and OU to go to the bargaining table while OU had some hand. The PAC 12s vote was not a great development in this. It's been obvious from the very beginning that TX and OU didn't want to leave the B12 to get into the geographic perimeter of some coastal conference. So unless the conference comes to some sort of equitable agreement, people will pull this stuff again in the future for leverage.

And another thing. I'm sure that KSU and KU had other plans to maintain AQ status in case the bomb dropped. however they realized that it was not at all conducive to achieving what everyone wanted to leak that stuff to the press. The schools that have been whoring their name all over twitter via their mindless media outlets, look like insecure leaders that can't handle their rough ridin' business. It's a sad sight. Ok I guess I'm just talking about Missouri. I think the only reason their name is out there is because their ad wants to feel like they're part of the action. Plus they're probably trying to earn brownie points with their constituents. It's bush-league.

Anyway long live capitalism and all, but I guess I'll take the revenue sharing.
2/8/11 - Never Forget

Offline Panjandrum

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13709 on: September 21, 2011, 12:07:34 AM »

--???

Swafford made out like a bandit.  Keyser Soze type stuff.

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #13710 on: September 21, 2011, 12:07:53 AM »

/daydream

Yep.  Time to get aggressive.

Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #13711 on: September 21, 2011, 12:08:08 AM »
This thread would've been so much better if Lacey had chimed in once in a while.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #13712 on: September 21, 2011, 12:09:28 AM »
Man, I wonder what Capt. Crap was telling us to be patient about...Surely he could not have seen it playing out quite like this.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13713 on: September 21, 2011, 12:09:59 AM »

--???

Championship game money isn't that great.  I don't remember the number but I do remember :horrorsurprise: at how low the Big 12s number was.

As far as other losers.  Certainly the ACC because the other schools just unnecessarily gave a piece of their pie to Pitt and Syracuse.  And of course the Big East as a legit football conference. RIP.

Offline KCFDcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #13714 on: September 21, 2011, 12:10:53 AM »

/daydream

Yep.  Time to get aggressive.

just think, the chance to play huggs every year...

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #13715 on: September 21, 2011, 12:11:07 AM »
Seriously, how amazing would the conference tourney be with Louisville and West Virginia in the fold.  Damn.

Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline CatGeek

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13716 on: September 21, 2011, 12:11:37 AM »
A larger penalty will be hard to get agreement on. Plus, it could be akward for schools like MU that might want options.

You keep a league together by making it really hard to say no.  You sweeten the pot.  If that's renegotiatin of top teir rights now, then do it. If it means rolling LHN into big 12 network, then do it. Whatever it takes. Basically do what Beebe should have been doing in the spring of 2010.

Relationships can only be stable when people have the option to leave, but choose to stay.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13717 on: September 21, 2011, 12:11:48 AM »
This thread would've been so much better if Lacey had chimed in once in a while.

Miss that guy

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13718 on: September 21, 2011, 12:15:30 AM »
Man, I wonder what Capt. Crap was telling us to be patient about...Surely he could not have seen it playing out quite like this.

There were many people who thought UT was posturing and OU, OSU, and TT had no shot at the Pac without UT.  Others thought the university presidents would not expand.  Not sure what CC had in mind but what happened certainly was well within the realm of possibility.

Offline Panjandrum

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13719 on: September 21, 2011, 12:16:36 AM »
Seriously, how amazing would the conference tourney be with Louisville and West Virginia in the fold.  Damn.

I want BYU and Louisville no matter what the scenario may be.  WVU would be great, but the travel.

I guess, in terms of footprint, BYU, Louisville, and WVU would be our best bet.  Logistically, BYU, Louisville, and TCU make the most sense.

Offline Lacey

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13720 on: September 21, 2011, 12:18:04 AM »

/daydream

And another thing, how great will it be if A&M is back in the conference and they have to play in all the stadiums of hate?  Whoooo, boy!  We gonna whip some ass!!!!   :woot:
You know, I'd like to also add that Pootie Tang can kick some ass too, boy.

Offline kst8cat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13721 on: September 21, 2011, 12:18:49 AM »

--???

Dan Beebe has been kicking himself for not immediately adding two teams last year to replace Nebraska and Colorado.  Had he done that, this current round of armageddon may not have happened and he wouldn't be losing his job which it looks like will happen now. 

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #13722 on: September 21, 2011, 12:20:36 AM »
Dan Beebe better rough ridin' lose his job.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline PowercatPat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #BID
    • View Profile
« Reply #13723 on: September 21, 2011, 12:20:49 AM »

I want BYU and Louisville no matter what the scenario may be.  WVU would be great, but the travel.

I guess, in terms of footprint, BYU, Louisville, and WVU would be our best bet.  Logistically, BYU, Louisville, and TCU make the most sense.

This.

Offline KCFDcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #13724 on: September 21, 2011, 12:21:04 AM »
Dan Beebe better rough ridin' lose his job.

THIS.