Author Topic: Smoke your cigars and enjoy the band while you can....  (Read 4071847 times)

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
Re: Smoke your cigars and enjoy the band while you can....
« Reply #9050 on: September 02, 2011, 08:12:55 AM »
How much of our uncertainty as an institution in all of this is it appropriate to blame on "It's Patterson"?  I'm going with 62%

Offline mcmwcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • trips: "MCMW"
    • View Profile
« Reply #9051 on: September 02, 2011, 08:18:59 AM »
Did read somewhere else that Blair Kirkhoff (sp??) is saying that the plan is to share the next new Tier 1 TV contract equally.   Like I said earlier, the new Fox deal starting next year will be shared equally. 

The revenue sharing is one of the biggest strawman arguments I've ever seen, the current formula rewards teams for playing better OOC games that get televised.

The plan is to share the Fox TV contract equally is what I thought he said. 

The current formula rewards teams for playing better OOC games (in order to get televised), unless you're a big name school who will be televised regardless. 

kerkhoff said  the new abc deal will result in equal revenue sharing.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9052 on: September 02, 2011, 08:20:43 AM »
Did read somewhere else that Blair Kirkhoff (sp??) is saying that the plan is to share the next new Tier 1 TV contract equally.   Like I said earlier, the new Fox deal starting next year will be shared equally. 

The revenue sharing is one of the biggest strawman arguments I've ever seen, the current formula rewards teams for playing better OOC games that get televised.

The current formula rewards teams for playing better OOC games (in order to get televised), unless you're a big name school who will be televised regardless. 

k, i heard them talking about it on 810 yesterday but was more focused on the 5 crunchy and 2 chicken soft tacos that i had just acquired.  yup.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #9053 on: September 02, 2011, 08:22:30 AM »

k, i heard them talking about it on 810 yesterday but was more focused on the 5 crunchy and 2 chicken soft tacos that i had just acquired.  yup.

thanks for the update D Scott.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9054 on: September 02, 2011, 08:25:49 AM »
Gotta admit, I'm feeling pretty good about things this morning.  The new Kansas City Star article combined with super K-State insider FITZ's, Alfred E. Newman "What, Me Worry?" take on the whole matter has my confidence level rising.

:thumbs:

Fitz 3 weeks ago:  "A&M to the SEC feels like Mizzou to the Big10".  I really wish I had that guy's crystal ball.  I'd ask it a question, and whatever the answer is I'd go with the exact opposite.  But then again, its not his fault, Bill doesn't give him a recruits visiting list at the spring game and there aren't very many good sources at Tubby's or the opthamologist's office.  I commend him for his effort and congratulate him on reducing content so he can spend more time with his family rather than doing his job.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2011, 08:30:22 AM by TheHamburglar »
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9055 on: September 02, 2011, 08:35:50 AM »

thanks for the update D Scott.
terrible post, oldfella

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9056 on: September 02, 2011, 08:42:20 AM »
can someone paste oldefella's thoughts on realignment here?  ask him for them if you have to.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9057 on: September 02, 2011, 08:45:23 AM »
how much does it help us with realignment that coach snyder is a nationally recognized legend?

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #9058 on: September 02, 2011, 08:48:18 AM »
can someone paste oldefella's thoughts on realignment here?  ask him for them if you have to.

I probably missed his input but I can tell you what ksuguy43's thoughts are (and this post received a coveted 5 stars the highest ranking that can be awarded by your GPC Wabash Station peers!)

Just looking at the board seeing everyone getting.. Reply

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
worked up about conference realignment is just laughable for me. Keep posting random rumors and stirring the pot. It's only going to make you more and more frustrated and worried. All you can do is sit and wait, and that's that. I honestly haven't even been worrying about it. I did so much last year when Neb and cu left, but then i realized it doesn't matter. Game is Saturday. Let's go

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9059 on: September 02, 2011, 08:52:34 AM »
When we are in the Mt. West I hope we vote for unequal revenue sharing first day

It would be nice to be Texas for once...or at least attempt to be Texas for once.

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #9060 on: September 02, 2011, 08:54:02 AM »
The water is mighty cold....

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #9061 on: September 02, 2011, 08:58:35 AM »
Snyder: K-State will "survive and persevere" 

****Warning:  You May Run Through a Brick Wall****

d__scott

Post #8583
Oviedo, Fla.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
During his weekly radio show at the Vanier Football Complex on Thursday night, K-State head coach LHC Bill Snyder addressed an inquiry from one caller regarding "what's happening in the Big 12." The caller asked if Snyder could make a statement. Snyder obliged.

Snyder: "I've always said this, as most people do, to try and control whatever it is you can control. We don't have control, at least I don't, of that. What happens will happen. It's the same comment I made a year ago, and the same comment I made all those years ago, when we went into the Big 12 from the Big Eight.

"The thing that I've known all along, and what I have great confidence in, is the fact that Kansas State University has wonderful people. Our support base, those 13,000 that we talk about all the time from 1989 to the 50,000 right now, and people all over the country, the great thing is Kansas State is really special. And it's special because of its people. You've heard the story more times than you would like, but the reason I came here was because of the people and it wasn't about football. I had such a great appreciation for them.

"The thing that I know, and that I said a year ago when we were going through some of these issues, is that whatever happens, it will not impact Kansas State University. Kansas State University will survive and persevere because of the people of Kansas State, and the people that are here (at the radio show in the Vanier Football Complex) tonight, and the people all over the country that truly care about Kansas State. Kansas State is about people caring about people, nothing else. That's what's made it special over the years and will always be that way. When we undergo difficult times, we'll come through it, because we always have."

D. Scott Fritchen
Powercat Illustrated
GoPowercat.com
[email protected]

You can follow me on Twitter: @DScottFritchen

Posted on 9/1 8:37 PM | IP: Logged

RustyJay

Almost on scholarship
Post #473
MyFanPage
Add Buddy
Ignore Re: Snyder: K-State will "survive and persevere" Reply

"Snyder: K-State will "survive and persevere". Fail. Snyder NEVER says K-State. It's always Kansas State University or Kansas State.

Posted on 9/1 8:43 PM | IP: Logged

jyork14

Almost on scholarship
Post #365
My purple house, Soonerland
MyFanPage
Add Buddy

I love that man.

EMAW!

Revera linguam latinam vix cognovi.

Posted on 9/1 8:47 PM | IP: Logged

Beer Man

Almost on scholarship
Post #627
MyFanPage
Add Buddy

Rusty, it sounds like he's been speaking with the ol' AD...

Posted on 9/1 8:57 PM | IP: Logged

pastorcat

New walk-on to the team
Post #68
MyFanPage
Add Buddy

Not that God cares about this stuff, but we are so very blessed to have this dear man of integrity representing KSU and the state of Kansas! Wow!

Posted on 9/1 9:02 PM | IP: Logged

d__scott

Post #8584
Oviedo, Fla.

MyFanPage
Add Buddy

RustyJay----

Haha. Apologies. K-State was my word choice, not his.

D. Scott Fritchen
Powercat Illustrated
GoPowercat.com
[email protected]

You can follow me on Twitter: @DScottFritchen

Posted on 9/1 9:03 PM | IP: Logged

pro dandy

Almost on scholarship
Post #772
MyFanPage
Add Buddy

I want to run thru a fricking wall right now.....there's a reason that man is the best!
Posted from wireless.rivals.com

Posted on 9/1 9:06 PM | IP: Logged

cat-fan1

On the depth chart
Post #2218
Manhattan,Ks
MyFanPage
Add Buddy

"He is the BEST"

Posted on 9/2 7:16 AM | IP: Logged

steffy08

Post #4813
MyFanPage
Add Buddy

Originally posted by pro dandy:
I want to run thru a fricking wall right now.....there's a reason that man is the best!

Posted from wireless.rivals.com

I'm right there with ya.
The only good thing about all of the crap going down is that we might end up getting Snyder 2.0 for longer than we would have in a more stable conference environment. I said when he came back that I thought he would be here 5-6 years. I think it will be at least that now, even if we win the national championship.

Posted on 9/2 7:50 AM | IP: Logged

Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9062 on: September 02, 2011, 09:00:28 AM »
Go get 'em RustyJay!  :comeatme:

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9063 on: September 02, 2011, 09:24:52 AM »
League would be small time suck.

Bill Synder Family Stadium, 50,300
Iowa State, Jack Tice, capacity 55,000
Colorado State Hughes Stadium, capacity 32,500
Houston University, Robertson Stadium, capacity 32,000
SMU, Gerald Ford Stadium, 32,000
North Texas, Mean Green Stadium, 30,850
Wyoming, War Memorial Stadium, 30,514
Air Force, Falcon Stadium 46,692

New Mexico, University Stadium 39,224
New Mexico State, Aggie Memorial, 30,343
Boise State, Bronco Stadium, 33,500
Utah State, Romney Stadium, 25,513
Fresno State, Bulldog Stadium, 41,053
Idaho, Kibbie Dome, 16,000
Nevada, Mackay Stadium, 29,993
San Deigo State play in Qualcomm Stadium, football seating 70,500

Yeah, I couldn't think of a worse scenario than that league. I don't think it will happen, though. I'd bet on an Aggie winning a game of Jenga before I bet on us getting screwed that hard.

I've gotta admit, I'm a little bit  :embarrassed: that either nobody got or nobody liked the bonfire reference.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9064 on: September 02, 2011, 09:32:05 AM »
everyone wants kstate to still be kstate when this is all over.  but have they considered that kstate might be even kstatier as a mid major?

Offline skycat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #9065 on: September 02, 2011, 09:43:50 AM »
League would be small time suck.

Bill Synder Family Stadium, 50,300
Iowa State, Jack Tice, capacity 55,000
Colorado State Hughes Stadium, capacity 32,500
Houston University, Robertson Stadium, capacity 32,000
SMU, Gerald Ford Stadium, 32,000
North Texas, Mean Green Stadium, 30,850
Wyoming, War Memorial Stadium, 30,514
Air Force, Falcon Stadium 46,692

New Mexico, University Stadium 39,224
New Mexico State, Aggie Memorial, 30,343
Boise State, Bronco Stadium, 33,500
Utah State, Romney Stadium, 25,513
Fresno State, Bulldog Stadium, 41,053
Idaho, Kibbie Dome, 16,000
Nevada, Mackay Stadium, 29,993
San Deigo State play in Qualcomm Stadium, football seating 70,500

Yeah, I couldn't think of a worse scenario than that league. I don't think it will happen, though. I'd bet on an Aggie winning a game of Jenga before I bet on us getting screwed that hard.

I've gotta admit, I'm a little bit  :embarrassed: that either nobody got or nobody liked the bonfire reference.

I got it and liked it. Very witty, Nuts Kicked.  :thumbsup:

Offline fatty fat fat

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9066 on: September 02, 2011, 09:45:03 AM »
everyone wants kstate to still be kstate when this is all over.  but have they considered that kstate might be even kstatier as a mid major?

no way. we would become arrogant. and it would be infuriating.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9067 on: September 02, 2011, 09:46:56 AM »

no way. we would become arrogant. and it would be infuriating.

Yeah, no doubt about it. We would use our meat goat money to push around our new conference big time.

Offline skycat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #9068 on: September 02, 2011, 09:48:13 AM »

****Warning:  You May Run Through a Brick Wall****

More like  :bang:

K-State has some special people, all right, especially on GPC. They're highly respected.

Offline The Whale

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9069 on: September 02, 2011, 09:49:05 AM »

steffy08

Post #4813
MyFanPage
Add Buddy

I'm right there with ya.
The only good thing about all of the crap going down is that we might end up getting Snyder 2.0 for longer than we would have in a more stable conference environment. I said when he came back that I thought he would be here 5-6 years. I think it will be at least that now, even if we win the national championship.

Posted on 9/2 7:50 AM | IP: Logged

EVEN IF WE WIN THE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP!   :comeatme:
« Last Edit: September 02, 2011, 09:52:21 AM by The Whale »

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9070 on: September 02, 2011, 09:49:40 AM »
everyone wants kstate to still be kstate when this is all over.  but have they considered that kstate might be even kstatier as a mid major?

CUSA terrifies me. Lots of "big city" commuter schools that would really look down at MHK. I mean even UAB would think they have a leg up on KSU.

At least in the Big 12 it's basically the same small college town over and over (and Austin).

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9071 on: September 02, 2011, 09:53:10 AM »
can you imagine trying to get a job if kstate loses bcs status?  they would rough ridin' laugh at your resume.  "they just got demoted.  lol.  PASS!  lol."

Offline fatty fat fat

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9072 on: September 02, 2011, 09:54:01 AM »
everyone wants kstate to still be kstate when this is all over.  but have they considered that kstate might be even kstatier as a mid major?

CUSA terrifies me. Lots of "big city" commuter schools that would really look down at MHK. I mean even UAB would think they have a leg up on KSU.

At least in the Big 12 it's basically the same small college town over and over (and Austin).

no more mhk smack, that's for sure.  :angry:

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #9073 on: September 02, 2011, 09:55:06 AM »
No self respecting bus company will agree to run in MHK if BSC status is lost, that's for sure.

Offline Clevey 2 Times

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #9074 on: September 02, 2011, 09:55:56 AM »
Snyder here for 5-6 more years....even if we win a national championship.... :lol:

I cannot believe those words were even typed.