Author Topic: Smoke your cigars and enjoy the band while you can....  (Read 4378194 times)

Online sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
Re: Smoke your cigars and enjoy the band while you can....
« Reply #7900 on: August 14, 2011, 03:14:29 PM »
300+ pages of you 'tards somehow expecting beebe to not handle his business.  has beebe ever not handled his business?
"a garden city man wondered in april if the theologians had not made a mistake in locating the garden of eden in asia rather than in the arkansas river valley."

catzacker

« Reply #7901 on: August 14, 2011, 03:16:28 PM »
all that statement really means is that the SEC is going to wait to see how the Texas congressional hearings and other political/legal factors shake out before they offer/accept A&M.  

Online ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #7902 on: August 14, 2011, 03:16:33 PM »
From Joe Schad's twitter:
BREAKING: UF's Bernie Machen statement says no action on A&M; satisfied with present alignment; for now

Texags is on the brink here. 

lol in their faces if true

The way I see it A&M just crashed an elite cocktail party in Birmingham, ordered 2 shots of Jim beam and put their muddy boots up on the table. At first the others didnt mind as they used to hang out with him in high school and respect his family/big bro but eventually decided his boorish behaviour and constant bitching about his older brother was enough and told him to GTFO

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7903 on: August 14, 2011, 03:17:37 PM »
 :kstategrad: :comeatme: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :comeatme: :kstategrad:

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #7904 on: August 14, 2011, 03:18:23 PM »
all that statement really means is that the SEC is going to wait to see how the Texas congressional hearings and other political/legal factors shake out before they offer/accept A&M.  
Yeah I'm not sure how much this detracts from A&M's eventual goal of joining the SEC, but the meltdown on Texags is some great entertainment.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Online sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7905 on: August 14, 2011, 03:20:27 PM »

don't say that, make aggie say it.
"a garden city man wondered in april if the theologians had not made a mistake in locating the garden of eden in asia rather than in the arkansas river valley."

Offline kstater

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #7906 on: August 14, 2011, 03:24:21 PM »
:lol:

A&M's imminent move to SEC changes everything -- http://texags.com/Stories/2630

***Note: This story was published at 1:32 p.m. CT today ... about 90 minutes prior to Billy's breaking news Tweet regarding the BOR moving their meeting to Monday.

Here's another column that we have decided to make free for you guys. We hope that these quick free teasers will convince you of the quality and volume of content that is being delivered at TexAgs Premium. You really should check it out ... should be a fun couple of days!

Thanks ... enjoy!

catzacker

« Reply #7907 on: August 14, 2011, 03:25:27 PM »
Yeah I'm not sure how much this detracts from A&M's eventual goal of joining the SEC, but the meltdown on Texags is some great entertainment.

it's posturing by the SEC.  i mean, wtf were they going to say?  "yeah, we voted to add A&M, even though they haven't officially applied and their president doesn't have authority - yet- to negotiate with us.  And since the Texas legislators are going to hold a meeting on Tuesday, we thought we'd make it even more painful on A&M to answer questions (under oath). "

Online chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7908 on: August 14, 2011, 03:26:13 PM »
it's not over yet.  there are other conferences that will take a&m.

Offline pike

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • BIG GREEN EGG!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7909 on: August 14, 2011, 03:32:59 PM »
So the SEC isn't looking into adding us either?

Offline I_have_purplewood

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #7910 on: August 14, 2011, 03:34:21 PM »
We have such a collection of misfits in this conference.   How embarrassing.  
Fifteen minutes later, when the Kansas locker room opened its doors to the media, the Jayhawks were still crying. Literally, bawling. All of them. I've never seen anything like it, and I've seen devastated college locker rooms -- after losses in the Final Four, the national championship game -- ever

Offline Scary Smart

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #7911 on: August 14, 2011, 03:35:55 PM »
At least the Aggies are going to have nice clown suits to go along with their buzz cuts.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #7912 on: August 14, 2011, 03:37:31 PM »
glad to see some posters siding with the butthurt media members who just got their crap reporting stuffed back in their faces.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline j rake

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
    • @j_rake
« Reply #7913 on: August 14, 2011, 03:37:45 PM »
STORY I EXPECT TO READ TOMORROW:
Iowa State, convinced A&M to SEC was done deal, prematurely agreed to join MAC  :lol:

catzacker

« Reply #7914 on: August 14, 2011, 03:51:29 PM »
there is just no f'ing way A&M stays.  I mean, my God, they just can't. 

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #7915 on: August 14, 2011, 03:52:31 PM »
there is just no f'ing way A&M stays.  I mean, my God, they just can't. 

My guess is they're still SEC bound

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #7916 on: August 14, 2011, 03:58:11 PM »
David Smoak

High-Level source at A&M telling me, "this SEC statement was expected" and next move is giving Pres Loftin authority, withdrawing from Big 12 and asking for official SEC invite.

catzacker

« Reply #7917 on: August 14, 2011, 04:06:30 PM »
David Smoak

High-Level source at A&M telling me, "this SEC statement was expected" and next move is giving Pres Loftin authority, withdrawing from Big 12 and asking for official SEC invite.

exactly.  i would expect it sometime after the meeting with legislators.  SEC's issue will be were the 14th team comes from if the acc will, as reported, stay together.  WVU?  UL?  MU? 

Online sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7918 on: August 14, 2011, 04:09:24 PM »
David Smoak

i understand the thought, but it doesn't feel accurate to me.  i'm no bsac, but i can't imagine that a pr statement provides any sort of legal cover if actions contrary to the statement immediately ensue.  and honestly the big 12's case seems pretty weak to start with.

to me it sounds more like - we may do this next month, next year, or never, but it's not happening tomorrow.

Online chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7919 on: August 14, 2011, 04:17:32 PM »
David Smoak

i understand the thought, but it doesn't feel accurate to me.  i'm no bsac, but i can't imagine that a pr statement provides any sort of legal cover if actions contrary to the statement immediately ensue.  and honestly the big 12's case seems pretty weak to start with.

to me it sounds more like - we may do this next month, next year, or never, but it's not happening tomorrow.

no it's a brilliant cya maneuver.  after a&m, they'll be like, "we're good with 13.  oh, look, virginia just quit the acc and is looking for a conference.  this changes everything."

catzacker

« Reply #7920 on: August 14, 2011, 04:18:09 PM »
i don't think the big 12 has a case at all.  but if things got drug into court, it might be embarassing for a&m and the sec commish.  espn not wanting to have to f*ck with deals its already made with the ACC (if that's where the SEC gets the 14th member) and SEC might have given the SEC pause...at least enough to work out the financial impact to both the SEC and ESPN.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #7921 on: August 14, 2011, 04:23:32 PM »
Why doesn't A&M just go independent if they're so super important and valuable?   :dunno:
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Online sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7922 on: August 14, 2011, 04:28:23 PM »
Mr SEC thinks it’s likely that the SEC will reject A&M. “we simply do not believe that the SEC will OK a 13-school existence (without knowing that a 14th school will closely follow). The trick to voting A&M down, of course, would be doing so gently enough so that the Aggies would want to come back in the future when the college football landscape shifts in a major way or when the SEC can take its time to find a 14th school that truly fits.”

http://www.mrsec.com/2011/08/the-sec-and-texas-am-are-up-against-the-clock/

i think this.

Online chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7923 on: August 14, 2011, 04:31:12 PM »
superconferences may happen one day, but no conference seems to be as hell bent on making it happen as many suggest they are.  big 10 is really rough ridin' picky about members.  pac 10 stopped at 12 and hasn't done crap since.  sec perpetually happy with status quo.  acc, big east not doing crap.  texas happy working over big 12.  where is the evidence that everything is about to blow up?

catzacker