Author Topic: Smoke your cigars and enjoy the band while you can....  (Read 4378333 times)

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
Re: Smoke your cigars and enjoy the band while you can....
« Reply #7875 on: August 13, 2011, 09:17:16 PM »
From some dude on Shaggy Bevo, quoting Orange Bloods

the pact 10 has plans for a system to determine a conf champ. He said it's ground-breaking and will change the way college football determines a champion.

man, i can't wait to find out what they've got in mind.  i'm guessing a football game, but that's been done, so i dunno.

Sounds like 8 conference games with a 4 team playoff for the champ.

the talk is four four team pods and not a east and west or north and south.

This idea could be our save.  After the SEC takes Mizzou, A&M, West Virginia, & Virginia Tech and the big 10 take ND, Pitt, Rutgers, and Maryland (or Virginia-only 2 AAU schools left because they won't take KU or ISU) the ACC will have 10 teams left and six spots to fill.  At this point there will be 10 schools for 6 spots. 

We propose this pod system to the ACC.  Take KSU, KU, and a combo of Baylor, ISU, Louisville, Cincy, and TCU to make a west pod.  Have your other 5 conference games be random from the other 12 teams.  Each team has a 3 team non-con and 8 scheduled conf game schedule.  After 11 games the 4 winners enter a playoff.  Your last game will be against a team in another pod you didn't play that finished in the same position in their pod. 

The key to this system is it gets rid of the 8 team division problem we would create with the ACC.  The biggest problem is which 2 of the 10 would be forced to be in a west division because none of the existing ACC schools would want to be in that division.  In this case no one is forced into the west.  The South pod is Miami, FSU, Clemson, and Ga Tech.  The NC pod is the 4 NC schools.  The north pod is BC, Vir/Mary, Syracuse, and UConn.

The other option is to have non-geo pods, but keep 2-3 local rivalries in tact.  The other 2-3 conf games come at random from the rest of the conference.  Either way, we get rid of the what to 2 teams go to the west in the current ACC problem.

_FAN could make some totally sweet West Pod Division Co-Champs 2016 Shirts so I'm in

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #7876 on: August 13, 2011, 09:20:08 PM »
Amazingess from Kstatefans.com miracle worker BigCat0769 and his thread "BIG 12 IDEA":

It maybe too late for this but an idea would have been to kick u texas out of the league thus keeping Texas A&M. Critics will of course say that ut is the financial cornerstone of the league of which I would not disagree. The fact is that ut will continualy push their agenda at the detriment of the rest of the league. It was nebraska last year, this year it is TAM.

I am for a preemptive move it's just a matter of time before the Big 12 folds as long as ut remains unchecked.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline j rake

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
    • @j_rake
« Reply #7877 on: August 13, 2011, 09:24:19 PM »
These are the secret weapons, IMO. They will crack the Pac-16 code.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7878 on: August 13, 2011, 09:24:48 PM »
Amazingess from Kstatefans.com miracle worker BigCat0769 and his thread "BIG 12 IDEA":

It maybe too late for this but an idea would have been to kick u texas out of the league thus keeping Texas A&M. Critics will of course say that ut is the financial cornerstone of the league of which I would not disagree. The fact is that ut will continualy push their agenda at the detriment of the rest of the league. It was nebraska last year, this year it is TAM.

I am for a preemptive move it's just a matter of time before the Big 12 folds as long as ut remains unchecked.

hes probably not very good at chess or jinga
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #7879 on: August 13, 2011, 09:28:53 PM »
These are the secret weapons, IMO. They will crack the Pac-16 code.

Welp, not secret anymore. 

Offline j rake

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
    • @j_rake
« Reply #7880 on: August 13, 2011, 09:30:18 PM »
This is a family of champions. They want to be in the Pac-16. They will get in the Pac-16.  :shakesfist:

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7881 on: August 13, 2011, 09:31:31 PM »
:runaway:

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7882 on: August 13, 2011, 09:39:23 PM »
This is a family of champions. They want to be in the Pac-16. They will get in the Pac-16.  :shakesfist:

man i love schulzy and his family of hand me down sports coats or whatever they're called.

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7883 on: August 13, 2011, 09:52:51 PM »

man i love schulzy and his family of hand me down sports coats or whatever they're called.

They are blazers.  If the jacket is black, blue, or navy it is a blazer.  If it is any other color it is a sport coat.
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #7884 on: August 13, 2011, 09:59:32 PM »
Blazer n00b here,

Hello.  Thank you for taking my question.  Why is there a need for a distinction?

Signed,
 :confused:
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7885 on: August 13, 2011, 10:13:42 PM »
Blazer n00b here,

Hello.  Thank you for taking my question.  Why is there a need for a distinction?

Signed,

Blazers come from a more casual version of a suit jacket designed to be worn with lighter color pants while yachting.  Since they evolved from suits, they are usually black or navy.  They also usually have metallic gold buttons to reflect naval uniforms.  Sport coats are casual jackets of other colors or patterns worn for other events that don't require suits or tuxedos.  A century ago when people had more time on their hands and not on internet message boards, they had time to worry about crap like wearing the proper jacket.  If one showed up to a particular social event while wearing a yachting like blazer when every one else was wearing a sport coat they were prime targets for ridicule, a la Danny Noonan in Caddyshack when he attended the christening of Judge Smails dingy.  Also, some up scale clubs and restaurants may require a blazer and tie to keep their image up.  They don't want to require patrons to wear suits, but they also don't want them to wear outlandish sport coats either.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2011, 10:17:07 PM by TheHamburglar »
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7886 on: August 13, 2011, 10:15:58 PM »
Blazer n00b here,

Signed,

Blazers come from a more casual version of a suit jacket designed to be worn with lighter color pants while yachting.  Since they evolved from suits, they are usually black or navy.  They also usually have metallic gold buttons to reflect naval uniforms.  Sport coats are casual jackets of other colors or patterns worn for other events that don't require suits or tuxedos.  A century ago when people had more time on their hands and not on internet message boards, they had time to worry about crap like wearing the proper jacket.  If one showed up to a particular social event while wearing a yachting like blazer when every one else was wearing a sport coat they were prime targets for ridicule, a la Danny Noonan in Caddyshack when he attended the christening of Judge Smails dingy.

Fantastic explanation.  The Caddyshack reference earns bbs bonus points

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7888 on: August 13, 2011, 10:24:17 PM »
Well, I really feel the need to go a little tuck on Swaim right now.   What kind of alternate universe does Swaim live in where other conferences welcome in detractors and appreciate negative articles about the conference/members.   

There aren't any.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7889 on: August 13, 2011, 10:29:09 PM »
What kind of alternate universe does Swaim live in where other conferences welcome in detractors and appreciate negative articles about the conference/members. 

BigTime Universe.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #7890 on: August 13, 2011, 10:33:41 PM »
Swaim is most likely legally Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)....but entertaining.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline Scary Smart

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #7891 on: August 14, 2011, 12:26:53 AM »
A&M fans are absolutely delusional. Some of them want to try and sue ESPN for slander because they've been getting bashed all day for having an inferiority complex and running from Texas. Apparently, they think that the ESPN guys are only saying this stuff because of the ESPN/LHN deal. Also, this:

At least the college football world now sees the sips for the scum they are. We are getting tons of support from around the college football world.
Most wonder how we have tolerated their arrogance as long as we have. My reply is that we love an easy "W".

http://texags.com/main/forum.reply.asp?topic_id=1886213&forum_id=5

:lol:

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7892 on: August 14, 2011, 05:46:42 AM »
http://espn.go.com/college-sports/story/_/id/6859792/texas-aggies-expected-departure-brings-us-back-brink

A&M is really butthurt.
Is it possible that A&M could use Thursdays NCAA ruling as an excuse to declare victory and stay in the conference?  It does offer some face-saving value for them with their really butthurt issue of airing HS games on the LHN.

Offline Houstoncat93

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7893 on: August 14, 2011, 07:53:45 AM »
A&M fans are absolutely delusional. Some of them want to try and sue ESPN for slander because they've been getting bashed all day for having an inferiority complex and running from Texas. Apparently, they think that the ESPN guys are only saying this stuff because of the ESPN/LHN deal. Also, this:

At least the college football world now sees the sips for the scum they are. We are getting tons of support from around the college football world.
Most wonder how we have tolerated their arrogance as long as we have. My reply is that we love an easy "W".

http://texags.com/main/forum.reply.asp?topic_id=1886213&forum_id=5

Silly Aggies.....the first requirement of a slander suit is proving what is being said is untrue.

Offline Houstoncat93

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7894 on: August 14, 2011, 07:58:02 AM »
http://espn.go.com/college-sports/story/_/id/6859792/texas-aggies-expected-departure-brings-us-back-brink

A&M is really butthurt.
Is it possible that A&M could use Thursdays NCAA ruling as an excuse to declare victory and stay in the conference?  It does offer some face-saving value for them with their really butthurt issue of airing HS games on the LHN.

I doubt it.  There is really only one way I see this not happening and that is if the SEC says no thank you to the college station cult.  I pretty sure they want the Aggies but there may be enough schools who don't want to add team 14 after the Aggies to shut this down.  I don't really expect it to happen but would be hilarious if it did.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #7895 on: August 14, 2011, 03:02:19 PM »
From Joe Schad's twitter:
BREAKING: UF's Bernie Machen statement says no action on A&M; satisfied with present alignment; for now

Texags is on the brink here. 

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #7896 on: August 14, 2011, 03:04:04 PM »
BREAKING: UF's Bernie Machen statement says no action on A&M; satisfied with present alignment; for now

lol in their faces if true

Offline kat_dad

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7897 on: August 14, 2011, 03:09:25 PM »

lol in their faces if true

Haha...SEC to remain cult-less

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/story/_/id/6861385/sec-extend-invitation-texas-leaves-options-open

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #7898 on: August 14, 2011, 03:10:49 PM »
I may have to register at Texags. 

Online kstater

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #7899 on: August 14, 2011, 03:11:41 PM »