Author Topic: Smoke your cigars and enjoy the band while you can....  (Read 4064124 times)

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
Re: Smoke your cigars and enjoy the band while you can....
« Reply #33900 on: July 20, 2022, 04:38:12 PM »
chud

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #33901 on: July 20, 2022, 05:10:41 PM »
chud

cannibalistic human underground dweller (probably a coal mine)

Offline j-von

• Katpak'r
  • Hates The Band
    • View Profile

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #33903 on: July 20, 2022, 08:14:05 PM »
Man that got deleted fast
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #33905 on: July 20, 2022, 09:41:48 PM »

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #33907 on: July 20, 2022, 10:08:21 PM »
Did everyone forget that mhver3 was caught just making crap up & having to constantly change his story 11 years ago?

I like Kurtz, but he’s gone completely crazy with realignment & constantly retweeting mhver3.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #33908 on: July 20, 2022, 10:10:01 PM »
Did everyone forget that mhver3 was caught just making crap up & having to constantly change his story 11 years ago?

I like Kurtz, but he’s gone completely crazy with realignment & constantly retweeting mhver3.
No it wasn’t forgotten.

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline j-von

• Katpak'r
  • Hates The Band
    • View Profile
« Reply #33910 on: July 20, 2022, 10:19:43 PM »
@j-von

The tweet was still showing up on tapatalk so I thought everybody could still see it.  Here’s what it said.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33911 on: July 20, 2022, 10:29:57 PM »
I'll believe it when I see it
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #33912 on: July 20, 2022, 11:25:52 PM »
MHver3 is just entertainment, then again virtually everyone is in that space.

Offline HugeCat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #33913 on: July 21, 2022, 08:01:16 AM »

You know, fellas, I like the way things finally shook out with KSO & GoPo. We now have a decent presence on both rivals and 24/7. Instead of having just rivals and a fringe 24/7 message board.  I’m glad GoPo has survived and I think their young guys are all pretty sharp. It’s better now that he’s gotten rid of D Scott and Wally is an independent contractor(?). Also think D Scott found his perfect spot with Kansas State SE. Fitz said on his latest podcast that their model has changed and 75% of their content is free with 25% VIP. I remember when Fitz was at rivals and he said their business model was not recruiting and refused to do the deep dive that Derek Young has done. So now rivals is fully invested in being more of a recruiting website which has worked out perfectly now that we have Tang and Klieman recruiting at a higher level then previous staffs were when Fitz was at rivals

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #33914 on: July 21, 2022, 08:37:08 AM »
A lava lamp!

Offline HugeCat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #33915 on: July 21, 2022, 09:36:40 AM »

I’m not defending the guy because I really don’t follow him & was unaware of his past history but realignment is a hot topic & like anything on the world wide web, you just have to process and sort through and decide for yourself what is accurate and what is not.  He seems plugged in as much as anyone and it all makes for good discussion. He did address his past misinformation in the article I posted.

A: I leak these rumors and information I get because information deserves to be shared. I get nothing from it. It started as one solid well-placed connection for WVU sports and has grown to dozens across the country. It’s fascinating to me to see what goes on behind the curtain and it gives me fulfillment to pull that curtain back for others. Information can be fluid and sometimes it can be wrong. Sometimes it can be fed to me as being wrong info purposefully to misdirect. I’m not thrilled when that happens, but I’ve got thick skin so I can handle the attacks. My track record is actually really good if someone wants to take the time to dive into my tweet history

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #33916 on: July 21, 2022, 09:55:48 AM »
The Mhver3 guy is another one of WVU cronies and is tied in with Mr. misinformation podcaster, Blue & Gold dude.  I can't listen to B&G dude podcasts anymore because they are full of more bullshit than the Squawk boards.
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #33917 on: July 21, 2022, 09:59:27 AM »
If you're going to ignore mhver, you might as well ignore everyone else on the same basis. Every pundit and reporter has been comparably hit or miss, and often worse.

Offline wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #33918 on: July 21, 2022, 10:13:53 AM »
If you're going to ignore mhver, you might as well ignore everyone else on the same basis. Every pundit and reporter has been comparably hit or miss, and often worse.

Yea it’s all wild ass conjecture and more for entertainment than anything with all of them. The only time you will see serious journos go out on a limb with a prediction is when it’s 100% done and by then it’s imminent and already basically public knowledge. I’m in favor of just putting it all out there and then just trying to sift through it logically and see what makes sense and what doesn’t.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #33919 on: July 21, 2022, 10:41:38 AM »

I don't even listen to people who cover college sports when it comes to realignment. It's obvious they don't know any more than anyone else who has the ability to read. There are certainly some who are bigger bullshit artists than others, but no one has any scoops until the schools that jump decide to leak the jump.

At this point I'm much more interested in the media rights deals and there is good info out there for those, but we still won't know until the bids are done. The last deal, we got significantly more than what was projected and that's a frequent occurrence with sports media rights, even post pandemic.

Offline HugeCat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #33920 on: July 21, 2022, 11:06:09 AM »
A lava lamp!
Fitz just doing his part to make the big 12 brand a little bit more younger, hipper, cooler."

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #33921 on: July 21, 2022, 12:23:29 PM »

I’m not defending the guy because I really don’t follow him & was unaware of his past history but realignment is a hot topic & like anything on the world wide web, you just have to process and sort through and decide for yourself what is accurate and what is not.  He seems plugged in as much as anyone and it all makes for good discussion. He did address his past misinformation in the article I posted.

A: I leak these rumors and information I get because information deserves to be shared. I get nothing from it. It started as one solid well-placed connection for WVU sports and has grown to dozens across the country. It’s fascinating to me to see what goes on behind the curtain and it gives me fulfillment to pull that curtain back for others. Information can be fluid and sometimes it can be wrong. Sometimes it can be fed to me as being wrong info purposefully to misdirect. I’m not thrilled when that happens, but I’ve got thick skin so I can handle the attacks. My track record is actually really good if someone wants to take the time to dive into my tweet history

It’s all lies. Every single thing he tweets is a lie. He lies to cover up his lies.

For everyone it’s speculation except for Wilner when he’s actually breaking something. There’s a reason he’s the one that broke USC/UCLA. I’ve been reading Wilner for a long time & somehow I am still able to read all of his paywalled stuff from one of those “give us your email for one free article” things from years ago. He was local enough that he could share his speculations/theories & most reading it behind the paywall knew what he was doing. Since he broke USC/UCLA, I don’t think he’s done a good enough job being clear enough to draw the line between when he’s conjecturing & reporting.  His thing has been “The Hotline” which has always intended to be consumed with the same level of confidence as a gambling service giving you picks. They use data & know their stuff, but it’s still unpredictable.

What’s weird to me is how guys like Kurtz & Derek Young have been bragging about the Big12 & trying to crap on the PAC. No one knows what’s going to happen next.

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #33922 on: July 21, 2022, 12:25:34 PM »

I don't even listen to people who cover college sports when it comes to realignment. It's obvious they don't know any more than anyone else who has the ability to read. There are certainly some who are bigger bullshit artists than others, but no one has any scoops until the schools that jump decide to leak the jump.

At this point I'm much more interested in the media rights deals and there is good info out there for those, but we still won't know until the bids are done. The last deal, we got significantly more than what was projected and that's a frequent occurrence with sports media rights, even post pandemic.

I’ll listen to a few because they have connections & it can start you down the right path, but I don’t take it as “reporting” at all. Outside of that, you said what I think better than I could have.

What’s crazy to me is when guys like Canzano & Wilner get quotes from ex-ESPN & ex-Fox executives and they talk so different than how the media talks. They talk like they’re playing a game & the outcome isn’t nearly as important to them as it is to us. Those guys are unpredictable. I remember listening to a John Skipper interview and wonder how he ran ESPN. He would just say “we took a gamble on that, it didn’t work” like it was nothing.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2022, 12:38:52 PM by TheHamburglar »

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #33923 on: July 22, 2022, 07:49:42 AM »
https://twitter.com/seankeeler/status/1550328328900382720?s=21

Colorado floating out a trial balloon through the Denver Post.

Offline wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #33924 on: July 22, 2022, 08:03:39 AM »
Lots of smoke around Colorado and Arizona, hopefully they can snag the four corners and get to 16.