Author Topic: Smoke your cigars and enjoy the band while you can....  (Read 4066814 times)

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Smoke your cigars and enjoy the band while you can....
« Reply #33575 on: July 06, 2022, 11:12:09 AM »
has anyone seen the math on the amount of money CU's AD missed when they left God's conference? i think the Pac was at least 2 or 3 million behind the Big 12 the last few years in addition to the $6.8M CU paid to leave in the first place.  It has to total 10s of millions, especially when you consider the attendance hit when all the flatlanders in this conference stopped coming to Boulder.

i would have probably attended every KSU game in Boulder since about 2012 onward

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #33576 on: July 06, 2022, 11:35:32 AM »
sounds like my "Luke 11:24" sign will be perfect

Offline OB_Won

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #33577 on: July 06, 2022, 11:39:32 AM »
has anyone seen the math on the amount of money CU's AD missed when they left God's conference? i think the Pac was at least 2 or 3 million behind the Big 12 the last few years in addition to the $6.8M CU paid to leave in the first place.  It has to total 10s of millions, especially when you consider the attendance hit when all the flatlanders in this conference stopped coming to Boulder.

Friend, they would have made $21 million more dollars just this last year by being in the Big 12. 

The total amount they've missed out on approaches $75 to $100 million at this point.
Is that after splitting the pie with an additional team? Or do you feel like it's immaterial or breakeven with the additional rights they'd have generated?

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #33578 on: July 06, 2022, 11:42:37 AM »

Friend, they would have made $21 million more dollars just this last year by being in the Big 12. 

The total amount they've missed out on approaches $75 to $100 million at this point.
Is that after splitting the pie with an additional team? Or do you feel like it's immaterial or breakeven with the additional rights they'd have generated?

That's using the simplistic number of the same payout that everyone in the B12 actually got. 

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #33579 on: July 06, 2022, 11:42:59 AM »

we don't invite WVU and only add TCU to get to 10 is my guess

Offline OB_Won

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #33580 on: July 06, 2022, 11:50:09 AM »

we don't invite WVU and only add TCU to get to 10 is my guess
Good point.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #33581 on: July 06, 2022, 12:02:47 PM »
At the first Colorado return game in Manhattan they should have an organized fund raiser for fans to donate at the gates to CU's athletic department.  It won't make up for the vast sums of money that CU lost, but it would be a kind gesture.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #33582 on: July 06, 2022, 01:16:06 PM »
At the first Colorado return game in Manhattan they should have an organized fund raiser for fans to donate at the gates to CU's athletic department.  It won't make up for the vast sums of money that CU lost, but it would be a kind gesture.

It seems nice, but they would probably spend all of the money on drugs.

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #33583 on: July 06, 2022, 01:18:29 PM »
If only Nebraska were around to be in-conference rivals with Colorado again

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #33584 on: July 06, 2022, 01:23:20 PM »
What is the best CU board to troll?

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #33586 on: July 06, 2022, 02:07:04 PM »
i'm at work m8, no way i'm clicking on that

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #33587 on: July 06, 2022, 02:09:45 PM »
https://www.allbuffs.com/threads/dear-big-12-baby-baby-please.151064/

I really enjoy the tone AND content of this banter:

How did things ever get so screwed up between us, baby? I am so sorry for the things I said and did. When I ran off with that California girl, I said some terrible things. Your mom isn't really toothless and your first cousins didn't actually marry each other. And, I know was unkind about your hometown and the smell of cow **** wafting through the air. But, I miss it, baby. I really do.

And I miss you. Your lack of education doesn't bother me-- you have a good heart. And, sure, that crazy baptist uncle of yours gets a little out of hand, but I promise to bite my tongue. We can all be a family again. Those few extra pounds you have put on really suit you baby. Those ultra fit gals out west are so fake!

Just take me back, baby, please. You know I really love you. I can't wait to spend my time with you out on the frozen flatlands. The mountains are so boring and the West Coast is so mean and unwelcoming. I just want to come home, baby. Take me to Stillwater and Lubbock and Waco and Little Manhattan. And, I can't wait to meet your new family members in Morgantown and elsewhere.

We can work this out, honey. I know we can. Just give me another chance. Please, baby, baby please.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #33588 on: July 06, 2022, 02:16:23 PM »
Simplistic and been done before thousands upon thousands of times.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #33589 on: July 06, 2022, 02:39:10 PM »

Rare moment of self-reflection from our bro dax
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #33590 on: July 06, 2022, 02:44:03 PM »
https://www.allbuffs.com/threads/dear-big-12-baby-baby-please.151064/

I really enjoy the tone AND content of this banter:

How did things ever get so screwed up between us, baby? I am so sorry for the things I said and did. When I ran off with that California girl, I said some terrible things. Your mom isn't really toothless and your first cousins didn't actually marry each other. And, I know was unkind about your hometown and the smell of cow **** wafting through the air. But, I miss it, baby. I really do.

And I miss you. Your lack of education doesn't bother me-- you have a good heart. And, sure, that crazy baptist uncle of yours gets a little out of hand, but I promise to bite my tongue. We can all be a family again. Those few extra pounds you have put on really suit you baby. Those ultra fit gals out west are so fake!

Just take me back, baby, please. You know I really love you. I can't wait to spend my time with you out on the frozen flatlands. The mountains are so boring and the West Coast is so mean and unwelcoming. I just want to come home, baby. Take me to Stillwater and Lubbock and Waco and Little Manhattan. And, I can't wait to meet your new family members in Morgantown and elsewhere.

We can work this out, honey. I know we can. Just give me another chance. Please, baby, baby please.

We’re supposed to read that in Boyz II Men End Of The Road voice right? That’s what I did.
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33591 on: July 06, 2022, 02:51:13 PM »
AZ, ASU, Utah, and CU need to get out now.  Oregon and Washington will prefer to keep the PAC 12 together until big 10 comes calling.  Those two also don't want to lock themselves in a GOR with the new Big 12.  If I were the 4 schools, I'd leave now as they have the leverage to leave Oregon and Washington stranded....thus being forced to follow the 4 into the Big 12.

What a time!   
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #33592 on: July 06, 2022, 02:58:06 PM »

Rare moment of self-reflection from our bro dax

Wise people know we should listen to even the most simple voices.  So this post is under consideration.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #33593 on: July 06, 2022, 03:29:44 PM »
Too quiet today, don't like this one bit.

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #33594 on: July 06, 2022, 03:48:57 PM »
Guys, nothing is happening anytime soon. BigTen isn’t taking Oregon and Washington anytime soon. No schools are leaving the PAC until Oregon & Washington leaving is imminent. If they leave, the Big12 will still take whoever they want then. We’re not telling the Arizona schools, Utah or Colorado no in 9 months because they didn’t come now.  The Big12 I’m sure is trying to talk to those schools, but the “they’re meeting on Tuesday” was a lie by a guy with 7k twitter followers trying to sell subscriptions & in the 3% chance something happened right away he could claim he was right.
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline Houstoncat93

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #33595 on: July 06, 2022, 03:51:36 PM »
Too quiet today, don't like this one bit.

Twitterverse thinks the ACC thing has legs. Nothing from anyone reliable but my guess is there is everyone is waiting for the details (read $) of that to work out.

Offline Houstoncat93

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #33596 on: July 06, 2022, 03:54:39 PM »
Guys, nothing is happening anytime soon. BigTen isn’t taking Oregon and Washington anytime soon. No schools are leaving the PAC until Oregon & Washington leaving is imminent. If they leave, the Big12 will still take whoever they want then. We’re not telling the Arizona schools, Utah or Colorado no in 9 months because they didn’t come now.  The Big12 I’m sure is trying to talk to those schools, but the “they’re meeting on Tuesday” was a lie by a guy with 7k twitter followers trying to sell subscriptions & in the 3% chance something happened right away he could claim he was right.

I doubt is was a total lie probably just some phone calls to start the conversation to see both sides had enough interest to start talking to media partners etc

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33597 on: July 06, 2022, 03:57:43 PM »
I don't understand why AZ or ASU would want to delay the inevitable.  There is nothing stable about that.  They could inflict chaos and push Oregon or Washington to join Big 12 or ACC....which would be a fun jab knowing they give zero fucks about all other PAC 12 members once big 10 calls.
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #33598 on: July 06, 2022, 03:58:34 PM »
I know the Big 12 lost some big programs, but similarly mediocre programs in the Mountain/Pacific time zones and no long-term GOR (assuming Oregon and Washington have their own ideas) has to be a lot less appealing to networks. 

Offline bozocat

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #33599 on: July 06, 2022, 04:01:18 PM »
BIG XL