Author Topic: Smoke your cigars and enjoy the band while you can....  (Read 2659758 times)

WildcatNation, farming_cat fan, Houstoncat93, pissclams, Trim, KITNfury, breatheasy42, RickRampus, michigancat, Perry, Shoeless Joe Jackson, Christer, Pete and 43 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
Re: Smoke your cigars and enjoy the band while you can....
« Reply #30825 on: July 22, 2021, 09:02:21 AM »
The first iteratation Big 12 was so freaking awesome. Just incredible how that fell apart.

Being in a hodgepodge leftover version of that conference bothers me more than being in a non power conference. Like, being in a hodgepodge MWC honestly seems preferable. Let the Big 12 die.

Agree, and as I said above, our small timey AD and coach are perfect for the MWC or whatever crap conference we end up in. Hell, most of our fanbase will absolutely love....love saying that they prefer having kids that "love the game" and "earn their scholarships", etc.

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #30826 on: July 22, 2021, 09:05:31 AM »
Does anyone else think that OU is the ugly chick Texas is bringing to the dance as cover?  Like Texas as a chick is hot, but stupid (big fan base, relative lack of success), and OU is the ugly but brainy BFF (football success, relatively small fan base)?

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #30827 on: July 22, 2021, 09:08:39 AM »
I’m handling this worse than I expected.  It will have to be a straight CFB divorce for me.
What do you think will change so much that you quit?
The fun of cfb for me is regional rivalries.  Like, I really enjoyed the K-State OSU/Baylor/Tech series.  I've watched all of those games since I was little.  If we're in a league with a bunch of low-profile strangers then i just really don't care.  As it is, I only ever watched Big 12 games.

If the conference survives survives and we just add a few new faces, i'm sure i'll still watch.  But if we're relegated to the MWC or something then i don't think i'll be able to muster any GAF to invest time or money.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30828 on: July 22, 2021, 09:11:09 AM »
I’m handling this worse than I expected.  It will have to be a straight CFB divorce for me.
The fun of cfb for me is regional rivalries.  Like, I really enjoyed the K-State OSU/Baylor/Tech series.  I've watched all of those games since I was little.  If we're in a league with a bunch of low-profile strangers then i just really don't care.  As it is, I only ever watched Big 12 games.

where do you think all those regional schools go?

Offline MadCat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #30829 on: July 22, 2021, 09:13:30 AM »
I will always have my Texas State Champions T-shirt

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #30830 on: July 22, 2021, 09:13:35 AM »

where do you think all those regional schools go?
If the conference survives survives and we just add a few new faces, i'm sure i'll still watch.=

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline BMWWcat

• Combo-Fan
  • I still love the Purple Pants...
    • View Profile
« Reply #30831 on: July 22, 2021, 09:16:46 AM »
I want Boise State, Colorado State and Houston...who else, UCF, USF?
I mainly only watch K-State anyways, I don't watch big 10 or SEC games, because I don't care.
Texas is never going to have "enough"...it's always more, more, more.
Dax fan club member!

Offline hatingfrancisco

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • Tweet Tweet
« Reply #30832 on: July 22, 2021, 09:21:15 AM »
I want Boise State, Colorado State and Houston...who else, UCF, USF?
I mainly only watch K-State anyways, I don't watch big 10 or SEC games, because I don't care.
Texas is never going to have "enough"...it's always more, more, more.

For me it's Arky, Nubbs, Houston and maybe a toss up between Memphis and Cinci

Online 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30833 on: July 22, 2021, 09:22:38 AM »
WVU can go to ACC

Big 12
Kansas
Kansas State
Iowa State
Baylor
Oklahoma State
TCU
Texas Tech
Houston
Cincinatti
UCF
Memphis
USF

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gucci Mane Book Reader
    • View Profile
« Reply #30834 on: July 22, 2021, 09:23:04 AM »
I remember going to Big 8 games as a townie kid. Everyone we played was right across the border. Losing Colorado, Nebraska, and Missouri was a major bummer.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #30835 on: July 22, 2021, 09:27:13 AM »
:adios:

Offline BMWWcat

• Combo-Fan
  • I still love the Purple Pants...
    • View Profile
« Reply #30836 on: July 22, 2021, 09:27:17 AM »
At this point lets just kick UT and OU out of the conf. out of spite, and watch them get turned down by the other conferences so they have to go independent and then have the big 12 get to a 16 team conference with east vs. west divisions.

I'm sure this is probably a terrible idea...I'm just sick of UT and OU's bullshit.
Dax fan club member!

Offline GregKSU1027

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cats, man
    • View Profile
« Reply #30837 on: July 22, 2021, 09:34:01 AM »
Can one of the law people round here draft up a crap hits the fan plan what we need to do. Also i will be in fort collins tonight if we want to draft up an official offer for our move to the mtn west i can deliver it safely

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Except, odds are, that child will have the chance to return to Disney World while K-State fans will most likely never, ever, ever see Underwood back in Bramlage wearing purple." -Timothy Everson

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30838 on: July 22, 2021, 09:37:59 AM »

ha!

for real though FCS -> MWC is an appropriate step up!

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #30839 on: July 22, 2021, 09:46:56 AM »
 The memes!
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #FireBradHill!
    • View Profile
« Reply #30840 on: July 22, 2021, 09:50:50 AM »
Can one of the law people round here draft up a crap hits the fan plan what we need to do. Also i will be in fort collins tonight if we want to draft up an official offer for our move to the mtn west i can deliver it safely

Not those kind of lawyers

Offline GregKSU1027

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cats, man
    • View Profile
« Reply #30841 on: July 22, 2021, 09:52:03 AM »

Not those kind of lawyers
LMAO
"Except, odds are, that child will have the chance to return to Disney World while K-State fans will most likely never, ever, ever see Underwood back in Bramlage wearing purple." -Timothy Everson

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #30842 on: July 22, 2021, 10:11:08 AM »
KSU should be proactive and a leader of the orphans in getting into the PAC.  Get DEN-MHK routes set up.  PAC people seem open to taking in Big 12 scraps.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #30843 on: July 22, 2021, 10:34:34 AM »
OU and Texas have all the money in the world.  Moving to SEC is purely to stay competitive with recruiting.  They don’t want a 5-star QB from Dallas to choose Bama and make millions from local Texas businesses.  I’m confident this is all happening because of NIL.

How in the world would moving to the SEC help them in recruiting? If Texas wants to get better at recruiting, they're already pretty damn good, they should hire better recruiters.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #30844 on: July 22, 2021, 10:36:03 AM »
OU and UT employ business and operations intelligence people to monitor financial reports, industry moves, moves made by rivals, etc.   It appears that OU and UT have concluded that the upcoming TV deals are not going to satisfy their revenue requirements, and that the broadcast landscape has changed entirely.  They are going to move pre-emptively to preserve their program status - we've all seen how quickly OU can throw the conference under the bus, this should come as no surprise. 

My only consolation?  We aren't being subjected to the moronic musings of OU's David Boren.

Great post

Offline GoodForAnother

• It was all a scheme I used to read emaw magazine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • You hate to see this Mike
    • View Profile
« Reply #30845 on: July 22, 2021, 10:36:46 AM »
a lot of people on KSO are learning for the first time that college sports is really all about money  :frown:
emaw

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #30846 on: July 22, 2021, 10:37:27 AM »
2010 K-State Football Poster and Katpak Headcover gave their lives to protect us the first time.  Who is left?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXIf5IMdIxc

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gucci Mane Book Reader
    • View Profile
« Reply #30847 on: July 22, 2021, 10:38:11 AM »
KSU should be proactive and a leader of the orphans in getting into the PAC.  Get DEN-MHK routes set up.  PAC people seem open to taking in Big 12 scraps.

Texas could always go independent. We should also angle for deal where KS/OU schools go to the PAC. Advantages include PAC getting more than scraps and not breaking up OK schools.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #30848 on: July 22, 2021, 10:41:29 AM »
At this point lets just kick UT and OU out of the conf. out of spite, and watch them get turned down by the other conferences so they have to go independent and then have the big 12 get to a 16 team conference with east vs. west divisions.

I'm sure this is probably a terrible idea...I'm just sick of UT and OU's bullshit.

It's not a terrible idea at all, the only real issue with it is that kicking them out would make the rest of the conference forfeit their GOR money and we need that more than they do.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #30849 on: July 22, 2021, 10:44:14 AM »

They have to be thrilled with this. They are negotiating their new media deal right now. The new commissioner was just handed a great opportunity.