Author Topic: Smoke your cigars and enjoy the band while you can....  (Read 4068291 times)

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
Re: Smoke your cigars and enjoy the band while you can....
« Reply #26376 on: July 19, 2015, 04:22:23 PM »
A Longhorn doesn't concern itself with the opinions of sheep... The eyes of Texas aren't upon ewe.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #26377 on: July 19, 2015, 04:28:33 PM »
I really like the "I ask myself if I'm going to renew my tickets every year now" from  many OU fans with hints about the Big 12 just not being exciting enough for them.   Strange what starts to happen when you've lost 5 home games in the last three years.

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26378 on: July 19, 2015, 10:09:27 PM »
OU is a fanbase that can never be happy or satisfied.  Sure they want to win, but anything less than a Big 12 championship is failing for them.  I have family that got rid of season tickets (about 5 years ago)for the first time in 30 years because they were so upset with Stoops.  They also don't plan on going to another game until Stoops is gone. 

The "sick of Big 12" crap is their excuse for getting their ass handed to them the past 4 or 5 years by the likes of Baylor, TCU, KSU, and OSU.  All programs that have been looked down on by OU fans for decades.
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #26379 on: July 19, 2015, 10:29:43 PM »
A Longhorn doesn't concern itself with the opinions of sheep... The eyes of Texas aren't upon ewe.
:thumbs:

Online cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26380 on: July 19, 2015, 11:38:28 PM »
OU is a fanbase that can never be happy or satisfied.  Sure they want to win, but anything less than a Big 12 championship is failing for them.  I have family that got rid of season tickets (about 5 years ago)for the first time in 30 years because they were so upset with Stoops.  They also don't plan on going to another game until Stoops is gone. 

The "sick of Big 12" crap is their excuse for getting their ass handed to them the past 4 or 5 years by the likes of Baylor, TCU, KSU, and OSU.  All programs that have been looked down on by OU fans for decades.

Makes you think how ku fans will feel when the bottom finally falls out for them in basketball. But in terms of a real sport, OU's kicking and screaming is just childish and very short sighted. And if they don't like stoops, he has a home here in MHK.
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #26381 on: July 20, 2015, 05:42:41 AM »
OU is starting to sound an awful lot like Nebraska, aTm, and Mizzou.  Laying the ground work for a future breakup?  It really is the same talking points.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #26382 on: July 20, 2015, 06:23:45 AM »
You're right Pete,  and it's really kind of amazing. 

The thing is, they're not going to fair any better in any other conference.   Bob Stoops bowl record is a leading indicator for that, and a new coach isn't likely going to change that either. 

The easiest road for OU to get back to what they once were is in the Big 12.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #26383 on: July 20, 2015, 08:18:13 AM »

The thing is, they're not going to fair any better in any other conference.   Bob Stoops bowl record is a leading indicator for that, and a new coach isn't likely going to change that either. 

Their easiest road is for the Big 12 to add 2 crappy teams so they can go back to playing in a small division for the chance to play some nortard in the championship game.

Offline hemmy

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RIP The After Party
    • View Profile
« Reply #26384 on: July 20, 2015, 08:52:30 AM »
Google wasn't even created until the end of the tech bubble.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #26385 on: July 20, 2015, 09:02:29 AM »
I just hope OU sticks around until 2025 and Krik is still around when the ship starts taking on water

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #26386 on: July 20, 2015, 10:05:30 AM »

Their easiest road is for the Big 12 to add 2 crappy teams so they can go back to playing in a small division for the chance to play some nortard in the championship game.

Aaaaaaand now we understand why Boren wants to expand.

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #26387 on: July 20, 2015, 10:17:03 AM »
http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/05/31/report-big-12-payout-will-not-go-up-with-expansion/

This has been out there for a while, but it requires review:

The Big 12’s new TV deal is expected to be finalized within the week — it was the “No. 1 priority” of spring meetings, according to the Dallas Morning News — and the payout to each school on a per-year basis could play an important role in expansion talk. Via Dennis Dodd of CBSSports, there’s a clause within the new deal “that will give any new expansion candidates the same money as the current members (estimated to be at least $20 million per year).”

Dodd continues that “one industry source said that number applies whether the Big 12 invites, ‘Appalachian State or Florida State.'”

Where you could see a concession on expansion from UT is if the Big 12 added two (or four) teams that provided such tremendous value to the league’s new TV deal that the annual payout from first and second-tier rights increased significantly.

I don't think we're adding two.  We're adding four if we move forward.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #26388 on: July 20, 2015, 10:18:47 AM »
I really like the "I ask myself if I'm going to renew my tickets every year now" from  many OU fans with hints about the Big 12 just not being exciting enough for them.   Strange what starts to happen when you've lost 5 home games in the last three years.
This is just like KSU BB.  Big 12 just ruining all traditionally amazing powerhouse programs, I guess.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Offline GregKSU1027

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cats, man
    • View Profile
« Reply #26389 on: July 20, 2015, 12:03:51 PM »
Bill says yes.  So should you. Check out @KellisRobinett's Tweet: https://twitter.com/KellisRobinett/status/623175142529589248?s=09

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

“He plays for Kansas State. He doesn't play for Will Howard University." -Chris Klieman 10/14/2023

Offline eastcat

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
  • Labeled by children.
    • View Profile

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #26391 on: July 20, 2015, 11:11:19 PM »
It seems absurd that a university president would get in a heated debate with an athletic director unless it was his own.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #26392 on: July 21, 2015, 10:23:21 AM »
Remember when gE single handedly ruined The Dude of WV?

Offline 1863

• Combo-Fan
  • John Currie is a beautiful human bean.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26393 on: July 21, 2015, 04:34:51 PM »
I was talking with a KU grad today at work and he seemed to think KU will end up fine in realignment so long as it is packaged with KState (something about a good football basketball deal that would give KU athletic department time to catch up). Said the legislature wouldn't let us get picked up without them... Is this true? Would they really chain is to KU?

I'd feel bad leaving them behind, but what can we do? Also, I'd be worried about their collective minds imploding.

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26394 on: July 21, 2015, 04:40:09 PM »
I was talking with a KU grad today at work and he seemed to think KU will end up fine in realignment so long as it is packaged with KState (something about a good football basketball deal that would give KU athletic department time to catch up). Said the legislature wouldn't let us get picked up without them... Is this true? Would they really chain is to KU?

I'd feel bad leaving them behind, but what can we do? Also, I'd be worried about their collective minds imploding.

We share a BoR so I have a hard time believing one would ever do something without the other. Lil Bro is safe as long as they stick to our side.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #26395 on: July 21, 2015, 04:42:19 PM »
Brownback is a huge Jayhawk fan. He wouldn't let us go anywhere without them. Honestly, I enjoy the rivalry, so I'm cool with them tagging along.

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #26396 on: July 21, 2015, 04:47:53 PM »
No haven't you guys heard?  KU is going private.    :jerk:

Offline 1863

• Combo-Fan
  • John Currie is a beautiful human bean.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26397 on: July 21, 2015, 04:50:58 PM »

Brownback is a huge Jayhawk fan. He wouldn't let us go anywhere without them. Honestly, I enjoy the rivalry, so I'm cool with them tagging along.

Oh yeah don't get me wrong here. I'm rooting for them to make it into a P5 conference as well.

I miss those games with Nebraska, Missouri, etc I wouldn't mind another Big 8 team in KU tagging along- provided they don't keep us from being P5.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #26398 on: July 21, 2015, 05:51:54 PM »
No haven't you guys heard?  KU is going private.    :jerk:

Sure it could happen, and the price of an education at an extremely mediocre school goes to $50 or $60K a year

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #26399 on: July 21, 2015, 06:00:54 PM »

I can't see the Board of Regents allowing us to move to one of the P4 conferences without KU.