Author Topic: Anyone have questions for PoetWarrior?  (Read 34883 times)

Offline Fldermaus

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile

Offline Fldermaus

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone have questions for PoetWarrior?
« Reply #101 on: February 15, 2015, 11:09:47 PM »
PoetWarrior, what is your favorite K-State sports memory?
GREAT question!  My money is on bish to mcdonald.

Gotta be that one time Lamark actually caught a pass in a game.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: February 17, 2015, 04:42:55 PM »

Or something Bill Walker related

Online Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: February 17, 2015, 05:18:35 PM »

that is a good guess

but I am going with this

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: February 20, 2015, 07:38:41 PM »
PW, how do you believe God views logic and reason?

The Big Train

« Reply #105 on: February 20, 2015, 07:46:44 PM »
so since he gave us logic and reason, isn't it logical for us to question something we can't see or touch?

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: February 20, 2015, 07:50:33 PM »
PW, please answer my questions about the fire-lake logistics.  T-Y.

I can't.

Why not?

The Big Train

« Reply #107 on: February 20, 2015, 08:12:35 PM »
so since he gave us logic and reason, isn't it logical for us to question something we can't see or touch?

Sure. Are you sure?

am i sure i cant see and touch a believe system, yes.  do i use my own logic and reason to sculpt how i see the world and everything in it, yes.  do i question something that happened almost 2000 years ago, which has been sculpted and molded to fit the current culture, absolutely.

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: February 20, 2015, 09:18:59 PM »

Sure. Are you sure?

am i sure i cant see and touch a believe system, yes.  do i use my own logic and reason to sculpt how i see the world and everything in it, yes.  do i question something that happened almost 2000 years ago, which has been sculpted and molded to fit the current culture, absolutely.

What does that last sentence mean exactly?
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: February 20, 2015, 09:23:40 PM »
Kick his ass tbt
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: February 20, 2015, 09:28:58 PM »
didn't get clarification or missed it earlier but do you believe in the modern protestant version of hell (the infinite pain, suffering, absence of god, etc)? if so do you think of/about some specific people going to hell?

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: February 20, 2015, 09:31:19 PM »
Do you think you're better than steve dave?

The Big Train

« Reply #112 on: February 20, 2015, 09:32:23 PM »

Sure. Are you sure?

what actually happens and the teaching in the bible are not taught how they were originally intended by the authors.  how many people would actually go to church if they knew it was going to last longer than an hour every time, and that it would be ALL scripture and teachings and not have standing and sitting and singing mixed in?  i give the church credit, they know what sells, and its putting on a good "service" with music and standing up and sitting down, and having people give a dollar so they feel like they are making a difference.  only for a majority of them to revert back to their own ways after they leave.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: February 20, 2015, 09:38:55 PM »
Do you think you're better than steve dave?

let's not get carried away here

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: February 20, 2015, 09:55:32 PM »

Sure. Are you sure?

what actually happens and the teaching in the bible are not taught how they were originally intended by the authors.  how many people would actually go to church if they knew it was going to last longer than an hour every time, and that it would be ALL scripture and teachings and not have standing and sitting and singing mixed in?  i give the church credit, they know what sells, and its putting on a good "service" with music and standing up and sitting down, and having people give a dollar so they feel like they are making a difference.  only for a majority of them to revert back to their own ways after they leave.

like the message is the same but it gets packaged a different way for different time periods?
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

The Big Train

« Reply #115 on: February 20, 2015, 10:01:14 PM »

Sure. Are you sure?

like the message is the same but it gets packaged a different way for different time periods?

its the cliff notes, but assumptions are made and they are the wrong assumptions, but its the only way it can be conveyed.  Example: Drinking is bad.  Truth: Jesus turned water to wine and drank it.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: February 20, 2015, 10:03:03 PM »
Choo Choo is one of the true intellectual titans of our age.

The Big Train

« Reply #117 on: February 20, 2015, 10:07:08 PM »
your mouth is just frothing with sarcasm

Offline HerrSonntag

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: February 20, 2015, 10:47:57 PM »
How long do you think a BBS post should be?  Like, word count.

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: February 20, 2015, 10:50:29 PM »
I don't go to church for the singing and standing and setting. I know some do, but it is pretty insane to try to make it sound like that is why some people go to church. I don't even go to church for the scripture.

Please don't get me wrong, I actually enjoy all of those elements and I sing loudly and off key. I listen intently during scripture readings and the homily, but those are not the reasons I go to church.

Hang on a second, because this is gonna blow your mind...I go to church for the holy Eucharist.

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: February 20, 2015, 10:52:16 PM »
what do you think about our guy winters?

The Big Train

« Reply #121 on: February 20, 2015, 11:08:00 PM »
I don't go to church for the singing and standing and setting. I know some do, but it is pretty insane to try to make it sound like that is why some people go to church. I don't even go to church for the scripture.

Please don't get me wrong, I actually enjoy all of those elements and I sing loudly and off key. I listen intently during scripture readings and the homily, but those are not the reasons I go to church.

Hang on a second, because this is gonna blow your mind...I go to church for the holy Eucharist.

notice how i didnt have any absolutes in what i said.  i am fully aware some people go for the right reasons.  a majority(not all) go to church or believe in religion because it is comforting to them.  its something to work towards, that if you are a good person in this life, you will be rewarded in the next by going to heaven.  that is fine, im not trying to bash what people believe because everyone is different and everyone has their own opinion and view.  what really pisses me off is religious people getting on a high horse and saying your going to hell or whatever for not believing, and that someone who doesnt believe in something automatically makes them a terrible person.  you can be a great person and have values and do the right thing, and at the same time not be religious.

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: February 20, 2015, 11:23:38 PM »

notice how i didnt have any absolutes in what i said.  i am fully aware some people go for the right reasons.  a majority(not all) go to church or believe in religion because it is comforting to them.  its something to work towards, that if you are a good person in this life, you will be rewarded in the next by going to heaven.  that is fine, im not trying to bash what people believe because everyone is different and everyone has their own opinion and view.  what really pisses me off is religious people getting on a high horse and saying your going to hell or whatever for not believing, and that someone who doesnt believe in something automatically makes them a terrible person.  you can be a great person and have values and do the right thing, and at the same time not be religious.
That's fare. I don't know that I am going to heaven. I do believe in God and Jesus Christ. I try to lead a Christ-like life. I fail pretty horribly at it most of the time. I also believe that God's grace is enough for all of us to get to heaven.

I digress, as I don't want to take over PW's thread. I also am not smart enough to answer a bunch of questions (another one of my failings).

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • giving new meaning to the term "anger juice"
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: February 21, 2015, 03:12:25 AM »
not a question for PW, but the concept of being good for a reward really pisses me off.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: February 21, 2015, 04:25:48 AM »
Seeking positive reactions to corresponding actions is hard-wired into us for the advancement of life. What's not to like?
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.