Author Topic: Anyone have questions for PoetWarrior?  (Read 34414 times)

Offline PoetWarrior

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone have questions for PoetWarrior?
« Reply #50 on: February 11, 2015, 08:29:25 PM »
For the record, I think you are a fairly skilled artist/technician and  a fraudulent moralist/intellectual.

Do you agree?

No, couldn't be one without the other.

The Big Train

« Reply #51 on: February 11, 2015, 08:37:19 PM »
does your logo serve anything other, or have expanded meaning, than religious?

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 12, 2015, 10:48:10 PM »
PW.  Dude.  I wanna know about the movies.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline HerrSonntag

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 13, 2015, 10:56:14 AM »
Why are you so sad?

Offline Fldermaus

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 13, 2015, 12:51:03 PM »
You've not given us much of your original work, but I imagine that this clip captures the warrior-like quality of your poetry -- is it close?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnZnnkJxoC8

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 13, 2015, 12:54:23 PM »
Do you like baseball and the Royals? Will you make a Royals video? I will commission it.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 13, 2015, 01:01:44 PM »
multi-part question but we were talking about this the other day and I wanted your input: do you believe in hell? are you aware that almost every non-revelations biblical mention of hell has been shown to be mistranslations for the word death? are you aware that nobody even knows who the author of the book of revelations is other than his first name? have fun in paris, bring me back something french.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 13, 2015, 01:04:33 PM »
also, what bible version are you? I'm a king james guy born and raised. I've read that sucker cover to cover multiple times and I feel like the NIV is like a kindergarten'ers picture book bible where 50% of it is dedicated to getting all the animals into the ark before the flood and what type of animals there were.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 13, 2015, 01:31:59 PM »
what christian denomination are you (if any)? if catholic what are you giving up for lent?

Offline signature move

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 13, 2015, 01:38:08 PM »
did you get your name from dennis hopper in apocalypse now?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0078788/quotes?item=qt0324880

also could be a 'signs you spend too much time on goEMAW' cross post.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: February 13, 2015, 07:49:54 PM »
How do you improve the bible?
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 13, 2015, 07:50:30 PM »
Shouldn't it be perfect the first time?
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline HerrSonntag

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 13, 2015, 07:58:10 PM »
What are your thoughts on physical force in defense of or in support of religion?

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 13, 2015, 08:04:00 PM »

also, what bible version are you? I'm a king james guy born and raised. I've read that sucker cover to cover multiple times and I feel like the NIV is like a kindergarten'ers picture book bible where 50% of it is dedicated to getting all the animals into the ark before the flood and what type of animals there were.

The NIV and ESV are what I read, there are others that are good. The King James is fine, but has been improved upon.

Do your make the elephant sounds when the pictures of the elephants are shown on all of the pages?

The Big Train

« Reply #64 on: February 13, 2015, 08:05:30 PM »
do you wish the bible wasn't originally edited by people with an agenda?

Offline PoetWarrior

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 13, 2015, 08:09:07 PM »
The questioned details of the Bible are nothing compared to the belief that the conversation we're having is a result of chance.

The Big Train

« Reply #66 on: February 13, 2015, 08:10:04 PM »
if you could meet one person in history who would it be? and why?  you can pick an overall and one that can not be religiously related.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 13, 2015, 08:24:56 PM »
multi-part question but we were talking about this the other day and I wanted your input: do you believe in hell? are you aware that almost every non-revelations biblical mention of hell has been shown to be mistranslations for the word death? are you aware that nobody even knows who the author of the book of revelations is other than his first name? have fun in paris, bring me back something french.

Translations and exact definitions of hell are unimportant, but I also don't doubt truthful modern translations or Revelations. A person not with God for eternity will be separated from God for eternity and be subjected to weeping and gnashing of teeth in a lake of fire/fiery furnace, as is clearly stated, biblically. Separation from God is what is important. In the same way, heaven should not be desired for the gold streets or whatever is commonly thought of, but that man is finally returned to his intended place with God.

I am entirely certain that Revelation is intended, by God, to be in the Bible and have no reason to doubt or overly scrutinize it's author.

PW, how does the bolded part work?  So, if my human body dies and I go to hell in some form, what is it and does it feel pain or get injured/damaged?  Like if I still have a body and I'm in a lake of fire, don't I burn up and die (again)?  Or are the hell residents not actually immersed in the lake, but rather just have lakeside property up against the shittiest lake ever?

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • giving new meaning to the term "anger juice"
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 13, 2015, 08:27:00 PM »
Do you think Hitler gets anally sodomized by a pineapple everyday like is suggested in the Adam Sandler classic Little Nicky.

The Big Train

« Reply #69 on: February 13, 2015, 08:31:44 PM »

Translations and exact definitions of hell are unimportant, but I also don't doubt truthful modern translations or Revelations. A person not with God for eternity will be separated from God for eternity and be subjected to weeping and gnashing of teeth in a lake of fire/fiery furnace, as is clearly stated, biblically. Separation from God is what is important. In the same way, heaven should not be desired for the gold streets or whatever is commonly thought of, but that man is finally returned to his intended place with God.

I am entirely certain that Revelation is intended, by God, to be in the Bible and have no reason to doubt or overly scrutinize it's author.

PW, how does the bolded part work?  So, if my human body dies and I go to hell in some form, what is it and does it feel pain or get injured/damaged?  Like if I still have a body and I'm in a lake of fire, don't I burn up and die (again)?  Or are the hell residents not actually immersed in the lake, but rather just have lakeside property up against the shittiest lake ever?

your soul is what is on the inside, so basically the connections in your brain that make up your personality and you as a person.  when you die, your 'soul' becomes its own form somehow and that is what gets tortured.  i guess you get soul nerves  :dunno: that can feel the pain of being tortured by other 'souls' that have come from other dead peoples brains.  i dont get it either obviously.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 13, 2015, 09:18:23 PM »
Do you like baseball and the Royals? Will you make a Royals video? I will commission it.

Baseball does typically not hold my attention. I respect it as a game that can be played. I liked that some of the Royals players were real athletes and appreciate them taking that approach.

I don't foresee making a Royals video. Plenty of down time to suit my taste, however.

Well, feel free to post in the Royals thread if you see something in a Royals game you'd like to BBS about.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 13, 2015, 10:28:40 PM »
Thank you for your responses PW. Kids in the Brazilian rainforest that die before knowing the lord and savior Jesus Christ...red hot pokers in their asses for all of eternity or they get a mulligan? Dinosaur bones...put there by satan or buried below igneous and metamorphic rock by Noah's flood?

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 13, 2015, 10:29:50 PM »
i would pay $20 in the FF15 auction towards the "PoetWarrior makes a 2014 Royals highlight video" fund and i'm being 100% serious. my god, what song would he choose?

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 13, 2015, 10:31:06 PM »
i would also like to echo steve dave's sentiment by saying thank you PW for posting your responses. your answer to my oscar winners question was great. i agree too for the most part!

Offline j-dub

• fattyfest dance champion '14
  • Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • "I wanna get hurt!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 14, 2015, 01:21:03 AM »
fun fact: i have met PW
"I started calling him John during the game, cause he was rocking it like No. 7 -- like Elway," Harper said."