Author Topic: Ask Steve Dave Farm And Cow And Ranch And Tractor And Truck Related Questions  (Read 371442 times)

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
Re: Ask Steve Dave Farm And Cow And Ranch And Tractor And Truck Related Questions
« Reply #5900 on: September 16, 2023, 04:55:25 PM »
Was actually a younger one. He was a little to Randy and was pestering the hens. He also wouldn’t give us adorable blue eggs I was told.

You keep saying this, and I'm still confused. You have "too many roosters." Is your wife really clued into the sex lives of these birds?

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
Re: Ask Steve Dave Farm And Cow And Ranch And Tractor And Truck Related Questions
« Reply #5901 on: September 16, 2023, 05:00:44 PM »
Trying to pit up the farm thread? Smh

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5902 on: September 16, 2023, 05:09:49 PM »
It's a serious question. How does she know this particular rooster was responsible for the offensive œufs?

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5903 on: September 16, 2023, 05:13:21 PM »
It's a serious question. How does she know this particular rooster was responsible for the offensive œufs?
We’ve all witnessed it. Fella had no chill. Think if any of her chicken friends would’ve wanted it though she would’ve gladly given him away. She hated every minute of it

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #5904 on: September 16, 2023, 05:13:41 PM »
Eh. Cocks don't determine the egg color. WTF is going on there?

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5905 on: September 16, 2023, 05:49:31 PM »
They do when you crossbreed and hatch those eggs ole boy

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5906 on: September 16, 2023, 06:18:09 PM »
i like the green eggs better.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5907 on: September 16, 2023, 07:07:45 PM »
Here, yla's wife comes to snuff the rooster, oh yeah.

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #5908 on: September 16, 2023, 07:47:07 PM »
Alrighty, breeding. Gotcha.

Thought someone had convinced you male genitals or no male genitals changes the color daily.

Offline Fedor

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #5909 on: September 18, 2023, 07:58:17 AM »

Thought someone had convinced you male genitals or no male genitals changes the color daily.
Goddam you guys are dumbasses.  Mrs. YLA sounds like a keeper.
I was wrong and I apologize. - michigancat 8/22/14

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #5910 on: September 18, 2023, 08:00:52 AM »

Goddam you guys are dumbasses.  Mrs. YLA sounds like a keeper.
Not the dumbass as I'm well aware of how to raise chickens as I have over 80 running around the hobby farm.

However I know several dumbasses that get roped into dumbass ideas.

Sent from my moto g stylus 5G (2022) using Tapatalk

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5911 on: September 18, 2023, 08:08:57 AM »
Besides shooting animals who venture onto your property, what other classic hippie stuff does mrs yla do

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5912 on: September 18, 2023, 12:05:41 PM »
Besides shooting animals who venture onto your property, what other classic hippie stuff does mrs yla do

keeps blue egg-laying chickens as pets.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline passranch

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #5913 on: September 18, 2023, 02:25:33 PM »
Here, yla's wife comes to snuff the rooster, oh yeah.

Goddamn this one took way too long.  Kudos to you RATM.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5914 on: September 18, 2023, 03:51:31 PM »
maybe resourceful is a better word. other than the small orchard and garden she has going I think bees and mini goats are in our future

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #5915 on: September 18, 2023, 04:10:25 PM »
maybe resourceful is a better word. other than the small orchard and garden she has going I think bees and mini goats are in our future

I remmeber when those fads wen through KC.  pendlton heights and hyde park were like a collective in 2012

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #5916 on: September 19, 2023, 10:44:35 AM »
Make her post ITT

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #5917 on: September 19, 2023, 12:40:11 PM »
Yeah, don't be a wuss yla
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5918 on: September 19, 2023, 01:32:19 PM »
at least post pics of the chickens and eggs.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #5919 on: September 19, 2023, 01:42:09 PM »
I am very curious about blue eggs tbh

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5920 on: September 19, 2023, 01:44:05 PM »
at least post pics of the chickens and eggs.

Any cocks as well
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5921 on: September 19, 2023, 01:54:04 PM »
Will report back with said pics.. ugliest chicken is a naked neck, we also have a guinea (she tells me it's supposed to eat all the ticks and random bugs but I don't believe her) our top male genitals is named Taco and he's a chill fella and keeps the other cocks in line.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #5922 on: September 19, 2023, 04:08:58 PM »
This brings me back to my childhood days.  My mom had leghorns and some reddish-brown ones.  She would order chicks in the spring and get them mailed to us.  She would let me or my little brother hold them because it was easy to quash them.  At about 6 weeks old she would be picking out young fryers and keep the biggest and meanest of the reddish-brown and leghorns.  All the rest made fine Sunday meals.  YLA, enjoy those tasty meals.
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #5923 on: September 19, 2023, 04:12:00 PM »
This brings me back to my childhood days.  My mom had leghorns and some reddish-brown ones.  She would order chicks in the spring and get them mailed to us.  She would let me or my little brother hold them because it was easy to quash them.  At about 6 weeks old she would be picking out young fryers and keep the biggest and meanest of the reddish-brown and leghorns.  All the rest made fine Sunday meals.  YLA, enjoy those tasty meals.

i participated in a full on slaughter at a neighbors house.  meaning head chopped with hatchet, ran around spraying blood, dip in boiling water then pluck and use machine to get pinfeathers off.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #5924 on: September 19, 2023, 04:15:25 PM »
I don't get the chicken stuff. I mean, if you didn't have like stores to buy eggs for basically free then I'd get it. but otherwise it just seems like a PITA and waste of energy. unless you enjoy it obviously. then go nuts if that makes you happy.

The chicken ranching gives the city/hippy/greenies who have a large suburban lot or mini ranch some sense of getting with nature farming.
Hot time in Kat town tonight.