Author Topic: Ask Steve Dave Farm And Cow And Ranch And Tractor And Truck Related Questions  (Read 356014 times)

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
Ask Steve Dave Farm And Cow And Ranch And Tractor And Truck Related Questions
« Reply #1975 on: December 13, 2019, 12:16:17 PM »
UPDATE: official current SW KS alfalfa price is $170 a ton. No update on how much one of those bales weighs as sd dad didn’t have time to bullshit on the phone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Ask Steve Dave Farm And Cow And Ranch And Tractor And Truck Related Questions
« Reply #1976 on: December 13, 2019, 01:03:43 PM »
I think a big round bale is half a ton but it's been a while since I did farm stuff.  Grandpa died a while ago.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
Re: Ask Steve Dave Farm And Cow And Ranch And Tractor And Truck Related Questions
« Reply #1977 on: December 13, 2019, 01:15:13 PM »
Google says .5 to .6 tons each.

Didn’t we have a guy on here get defrauded out of a bunch of hay bales?
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #1978 on: December 13, 2019, 01:56:33 PM »
Google says .5 to .6 tons each.

Didn’t we have a guy on here get defrauded out of a bunch of hay bales?

Good memory, i think his name started with a D or something but somehow he got scammed out of like 10k in hay bales.  :Carl: :ROFL:

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #1979 on: December 13, 2019, 01:57:52 PM »
Pretty sure it was deez nuts
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline KST8FAN

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1980 on: December 13, 2019, 04:32:07 PM »
https://www.ams.usda.gov/mnreports/dc_gr310.txt

Tom

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Offline schreds21

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1981 on: December 13, 2019, 10:47:58 PM »
Is there a better smell than fresh cut alfalfa?
No

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline slackcat

• Katpak'r
  • worst ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #1983 on: December 15, 2019, 04:42:40 AM »
Ugh, alfalfa is a lot of work.  Now red clover is another thing  :Carl:

Offline schreds21

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1984 on: December 16, 2019, 01:46:33 PM »
Ugh, alfalfa is a lot of work. 
Said nobody in the last 20 years

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1985 on: December 17, 2019, 11:24:34 AM »
Another farm question. There are tons of these dirt piles in our CRP. No burrow or holes around and the dirt is very fine, feels like you are stepping on sand.

The only thing I can think of is the Tall CRP catches dirt that is blowing and it piles up?

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1986 on: December 17, 2019, 11:25:56 AM »
Another one

Offline slackcat

• Katpak'r
  • worst ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #1987 on: December 17, 2019, 11:34:18 AM »
Down south it would be fire ants.  Up here dunno.

dig into one and report back. :)

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1988 on: December 17, 2019, 11:34:55 AM »
It’s ants

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1989 on: December 17, 2019, 11:50:40 AM »
Hmmm, never considered it could be ants. Will investigate further next time I'm out there.

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1990 on: December 17, 2019, 12:52:40 PM »
You better call the Kansas Department of Agriculture because it looks like fire ants have come to Kansas. 

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1991 on: December 17, 2019, 01:07:21 PM »
we have giant "red ants" that I think are Harvester ants (but could be fire ants because wtf do I know about ants) in SW KS that either bite/sting like mother fuckers and I hate their entire guts. they make big piles like that.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1992 on: December 17, 2019, 01:15:09 PM »
they bite you with those giant flesh tearing jaws and hold on. then they jab you with their stinger or some crap (maybe I'm making this part up and it's all mouth poison?). you swat them off and their bodies break off but their satan head with snapping turtle jaws is still sucked onto your sensitive leg flesh. also there's like a million of them all over your pants and shoes and heading up towards your balls and ball sack and scrote. you've got to remove all pantaloons and shoes and socks and make sure you're clear. a good thing to do is dump several dozen gallons of diesel on their hole and light it on fire. another option is to put them in a jar with a preying mantis and watch it eat their heads off. I was a disturbed child from all that farming I was forced to do obviously.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1993 on: December 17, 2019, 01:19:06 PM »
they bite you with those giant flesh tearing jaws and hold on. then they jab you with their stinger or some crap (maybe I'm making this part up and it's all mouth poison?). you swat them off and their bodies break off but their satan head with snapping turtle jaws is still sucked onto your sensitive leg flesh. also there's like a million of them all over your pants and shoes and heading up towards your balls and ball sack and scrote. you've got to remove all pantaloons and shoes and socks and make sure you're clear. a good thing to do is dump several dozen gallons of diesel on their hole and light it on fire. another option is to put them in a jar with a preying mantis and watch it eat their heads off. I was a disturbed child from all that farming I was forced to do obviously.

Those are fire ants and yes, fighting their fire with your fire is solid strategy.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1994 on: December 17, 2019, 01:57:02 PM »

didn't grow up on a farm but can co my bros would give the anthills a solid dose of vitamin D.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1995 on: December 17, 2019, 02:03:16 PM »
There's a history channel show where these dorks get stung/bitten by poisonous stuff and there was an episode of harvester ants and it looked horrible.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1996 on: December 17, 2019, 09:03:20 PM »
gopher mound.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1997 on: December 17, 2019, 09:57:41 PM »
Stinging harvester gophers

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1998 on: December 17, 2019, 11:18:40 PM »
I didnt see any ant holes or ants/gophers but will poke around when I'm out there in 2 weeks and settle this ant/gopher dispute.

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1999 on: December 17, 2019, 11:19:41 PM »
By poke around I mean kick the dirt piles and maybe try and remember to grab a shovel or something from the quonset building.