Author Topic: Ask Steve Dave Farm And Cow And Ranch And Tractor And Truck Related Questions  (Read 370088 times)

Online ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
Re: Ask Steve Dave Farm And Cow And Ranch And Tractor And Truck Related Questions
« Reply #3425 on: September 14, 2020, 12:30:53 PM »
The inside of the barn with the cats hay bale condo in the back.

Online ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Ask Steve Dave Farm And Cow And Ranch And Tractor And Truck Related Questions
« Reply #3426 on: September 14, 2020, 12:33:08 PM »
I dropped off the dove carcasses for the crew. The cat census was disturbingly low as I only saw 2 cats the entire weekend

Online ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3427 on: September 14, 2020, 12:36:03 PM »
I forget that we have a motorcycle out here in a random building

I drove it once as a teenager but who knows what all needs to be fixed before it will run again

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3428 on: September 14, 2020, 12:38:36 PM »
I bet it was exciting to see all of them Antelope!

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3429 on: September 14, 2020, 12:40:20 PM »
that shed stresses me out, man

Online ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3430 on: September 14, 2020, 12:48:47 PM »
that shed stresses me out, man

Me too man, me too. My dad claims he will let me clean out all the buildings after my uncles lease is up this spring (something about not knowing what junk my uncle actually uses/will take).

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #3431 on: September 14, 2020, 10:54:29 PM »
Ben Ji, what is that 2 wheeled thing in front of the open door?
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Online ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3432 on: September 15, 2020, 08:46:33 AM »
Ben Ji, what is that 2 wheeled thing in front of the open door?
If this is what you are asking about it's a small carriage type thing that my uncle's mini ponies used to pull in parades or something like that. I don't think it has been used in years but there are still a couple mini ponies hanging around.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3433 on: September 15, 2020, 10:12:31 AM »
I can tell you that your uncle does not need that paper or rotting wood pieces

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #3434 on: September 15, 2020, 01:34:14 PM »
people dogging on kanye but this is irl how you start farming

https://twitter.com/kanyewest/status/1305720363083427841

you also need access to a shitload of equipment and farmer connections but the gov will give you a ton of starter cash through various programs to buy land and other required stuff. especially if you are young because they need young farmers because nobody wants to do it because it sucks crap

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #3435 on: September 15, 2020, 10:16:26 PM »
TY Ben Ji, I would have never have guessed.  Are you thinking about hooking it up to the ponies.  It could be more fun than messing with the rice burner.

Online ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3436 on: September 15, 2020, 10:17:16 PM »
Sometimes our katz suck and you get angry but then you head up to hay bale hill and watch the sun set while you crush brews and blare tunes with your mutts.

Back in KC and already missing watching a sunset on hay bale hill.

I'm going to ask/offer to pay for my uncle to leave a couple bales on the hill this winter/next year so I can continue to sit on them and  blast music while watching sunsets.

Here is a picture looking back at all the hay bales (which are actually like alfalfa or some sort of silage)

Online ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3437 on: September 15, 2020, 10:21:33 PM »
TY Ben Ji, I would have never have guessed.  Are you thinking about hooking it up to the ponies.  It could be more fun than messing with the rice burner.
I am afraid of Horses and was terrified of the mini ponies (they sprint up to you!)  until my 2nd cousin (25 F) came out one day and called me a panzy and started petting them.

I am no longer afraid of the mini ponies but still harbor a deep distrust of horses in general.

Online ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3438 on: September 15, 2020, 10:27:46 PM »
Sometimes our katz suck and you get angry but then you head up to hay bale hill and watch the sun set while you crush brews and blare tunes with your mutts.

Back in KC and already missing watching a sunset on hay bale hill.

I'm going to ask/offer to pay for my uncle to leave a couple bales on the hill this winter/next year so I can continue to sit on them and  blast music while watching sunsets.

Here is a picture looking back at all the hay bales (which are actually like alfalfa or some sort of silage)

Now I'm just LOL'n again at my dad thinking he could rent out our big barn for people to store hay bales in....like this is how close the barn (white roof) is to all the hay bales but my uncle just leaves them outside on the hill.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3439 on: September 15, 2020, 10:30:53 PM »
LOL but you can't leave small square bales outside like you can the big round ones

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #3440 on: September 15, 2020, 10:39:25 PM »
Those are round bales that most ppl. leave outside and usually on a hill for drainage.  They are mostly weather proof.  The barn would be great for small square bales which don't last very long in the weather.  Horse ranchers like small bales and may want to rent the barn.  You could charge by the bale and have several renters, since I doubt there are horse ppl. that would want to store enough bales to fill that large barn.

Online ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3441 on: September 15, 2020, 10:41:29 PM »
LOL but you can't leave small square bales outside like you can the big round ones
I'm pretty sure those small square bales have been in that barn for X years and just slowly get used for something I have no idea about (definitely fewer small square bales now than last year)

Online ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3442 on: September 15, 2020, 10:47:07 PM »
Those are round bales that most ppl. leave outside and usually on a hill for drainage.  They are mostly weather proof.  The barn would be great for small square bales which don't last very long in the weather.  Horse ranchers like small bales and may want to rent the barn.  You could charge by the bale and have several renters, since I doubt there are horse ppl. that would want to store enough bales to fill that large barn.
My very limited understanding of horse people is that you have to be closeish to a major metro area to make money selling square bales used to feed horses.

Anyone that has horses in NWKS also probably has enough land to feed their own Horses.

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3443 on: September 16, 2020, 07:45:58 AM »
My very limited understanding of horse people is that you have to be closeish to a major metro area to make money selling square bales used to feed horses.

Anyone that has horses in NWKS also probably has enough land to feed their own Horses.

People in NWKS still have to feed hay to their horses in the winter. 

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3444 on: September 16, 2020, 09:16:40 AM »

People in NWKS still have to feed hay to their horses in the winter.
Probably not too many folks with horses tbh and most that do probably have plenty of room for hay storage

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #3445 on: September 16, 2020, 09:30:09 AM »
my lmao at the barn rental for bale storage stands as originally delivered

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3446 on: September 16, 2020, 04:29:48 PM »

my grandfather always did.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Online yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #3447 on: September 16, 2020, 04:36:24 PM »
I don’t think that’s a thing still. Never heard of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did some digging this morning and old Meade MFG made everything from riding lawn mowers to campers to cabs for tractors.

http://www.oldmeadecounty.com/meade_mfg.htm

The business continued into the early 1980's. In those days tractors started coming out with cabs already on them.... camper manufacturers abounded and the economy started to tank. It was a sad day for the town of Meade when Meade Mfg. closed... those 100 jobs were sorely missed.

what an adorable goddam lawn mower
yes ridiculously awesome

Online ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.